You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Sentinel 2

Real Ghost Stories

My Sentinel 2

 

I said I would write about it and I am a man of my word. This happened my senior year of high school Early 2000 April or May. It was finals time at the end of school. The finals were over the course of three days. When you completed a classes final you didn't have to go to that class anymore. On that second day I had an open 2 hour block instead of leaving from the school I stayed. The school was at least a mile away from any thing resembling a business, even that was only a grocery store. My trailer park was a good 15 miles away so why waist the gas.

I started to wonder the halls in the main part of the building. A diamond shape with two hallways coming off of one side of the building; something like this <>===. The top hallway leads to the gym and music rooms. The bottom leads to the art, technology, student union, and photo lab. And nested between those halls was the bathrooms and auditorium. Theater, drama, music, and choir had ended so the auditorium was completely vacant.

After making a lap around looking to see if a I could find anyone to hang out with (to no avail) I sat in the commons area of the building. I looked in the direction of the theater. Yeah, you know where this is going. Entering the auditorium on the side of the gym I looked downward toward the stage. The stage was flanked by a small set of stairs. It set about thirty feet deep, fifty feet wide visible; about fifteen feet on either side for the back stage area.

I got onto the stage on the gym side and I started to walk around aimlessly. Standing in the middle of the stage I started to moke Shakespeare " oh, what light" yada yada; then out from my left on the art side of the stage I heard metal banging. I was like snap caught. I waited for the person that was coming down from the catwalk to tell me to get to class or make fun of me for the overacting. After a short time no one came so I went over to see what was up there.

This side of the stage had a steel spiral staircase painted a nasty fading orange. At the top of it was a door and a wall made of chicken wire. The staircase shook and creaked steadily as I ascended the steps. At the top I was expecting to be greeted by a locked door. To my surprise the lock was open.

As I made across, the platform I was on was solid; about eight feet from me and eight feet up a small ladder was the catwalk above the stage. By this time I had forgotten why I came this way and just wanted to get on the cat walk. I made it up two or three rungs of the ladder when it happened. I am six one so I could see the insane drop from the catwalk to the stage from where I was.

Standing on the ladder I continued, or tried to continue. The weight of my legs was intense. I could not get them to move. I would lift my leg only to have it slam back down to the rung below. My intent was to go up to the catwalk. I am not afraid of heights; in the past I have gone rock climbing higher than this. Something was holding me down to the ladder. Holding on to my legs after looking around a bit stuck in that position I decided to leave because I just could not go any farther. The weight on my legs slowly left as I got farther from the steps. By the time I reached the door the sensation was completely gone.

I went down the stairs angry that I could not get on the catwalk. I still don't know if it was my sentinel or something else. Until very recently I have not spoken of any of my occurrences with anyone. Out of fear of them not believing me and ridicule. So I never asked anyone if they have had similar experiences or if they knew what or whom it was.

Stay tuned, there's more to come. My next one may have a video attached to it; if I can find it that is. It may be about what I caught on camera at my old house. Thanks for reading and thanks for the comments.

Other hauntings by DieCon

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DieCon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rweath1989 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-05)
Is this derby hs? Just wondering because from your description it sounds exactly like dhs
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
DieCon, seems to me that someone truly did not want you to go on that catwalk. Depending upon the age and condition of the catwalk, you really might have had a bad experience had you continued on your journey. I'd say "thanks" were definitely in order that day. Someone was obviously watching out for you.

As Granny said, you are among friends here.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
DieCon: Go ahead and rant away!...I have just recently had to do the same thing, not here, but on facebook... One thing you can count on, and that is: there are more and more people coming to the conclusion that we MAY be right!...As long as you know what you know, don't give the "unbelievers" another thought... You are among friends here, we understand and believe in your experiences... 😊
DieCon (4 stories) (25 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
thanks for the post, problem is we will never know do to the stigma placed on us by the non believers. It pains me to think how ready the dogmatic brandish there repertoire of scolding rhetoric to bound true believers to an outcast. When all is needed is an acceptance of a divergent theory.

To me this is simple enough to attain. Its part of me; who I am; that leaves me open for knowledge and growth. Those that are quick to scorn and unbending in their stoic stance require drastic circumstance to bend their "absolute truth". It draws parallel to the parable of the oak and the willow, and we all know how that turned out. Please bend before you have to be broken.

Sorry about the rant. Had a bit of confrontation about this with someone close. Meet and merry, blessed be. 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-29)
Could be something that resides in the theatre that you may have felt the presence of, and the catwalk may have something to do with it. Or it possibly could have been your sentinal maybe keeping you out of harms way. Interesting story.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: