You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted House Quickies

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted House Quickies

 

Currently I am 16 years old and I have lived in the same house in Arizona since I was 6. I've always wondered what our house was built on, seeing as how Arizona used to be all Indian land.

Ever since I was a little girl I have always been able to sense things that other people can't. I've always felt like I have been watched constantly. Here are a few quickies of what has happened in my house.

One gloomy Sunday afternoon I was getting ready to attend a funeral. Karl, a great family friend, had died. I was doing my hair and makeup at the vanity in my room and all of a sudden my straightener got unplugged. I know I did not tug it out and that has happened once again since then. That very same night I had a dream with Karl in it. At the end of my dream he said "Claudia, give me a hug and say goodbye because this is the last time I will see you in a while." I woke up and heard laughing and smelt very strong cologne (Karl always wore a lot) and it scared me so much.

Every night I also hear shuffling around in various parts of my house and drawers opening and closing. My bed also shakes and creaks without me moving. I also hear our piano playing late at night sometimes.

One time I was using the bathroom and the shower curtain started moving and screeching on its own. I swear to you it was moving and getting rustled. I ran out of the bathroom without pants on ha-ha I was so frightened.

Things of mine also get misplaced a lot. I put my iPod on my shelf and it will end up next to me in the kitchen and everyone I live with swears they did not touch it.

I also have very vivid dreams of people explaining they are trapped somewhere and ask me to help but I have no idea what to do.

I struggle with not being afraid of these encounters. I feel like I have some sort of gift if you will and I don't know how to use it or not be scared of all these happenings.

Does anyone else go through similar things?

Comments?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ClaudiaLove, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

The-Red-Daisy (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
I know what it's like to be experiencing all this. I'm 17 and my abilities 'appeared' when I was about 13. Initially, I was very scared, but I learned there's really nothing out there to fear. The majority of spirits are friendly... Or at least the ones I've encountered. I do suggest you start writing down your dreams in a journal. Try and include as much info as possible. Don't exclude anything, no matter how ridiculous or mundane it seems. Sometimes the craziest dreams hold the most meaning. After you've written the dream down, try and analyze it. What happened? Where were you? What were you wearing? What time of day was it? Looking for the little details also helps you remember them. Personally, I draw what I dream or the ghosts I see. Good luck!
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
Claudia, Looks like you've gotten some good advise here, I'm glad. I just want to agree with you about Arizona, it has an ancient feel to it. I too, see things out of the corner of my eye, so do a lot of people I've talked to about it. I honestly think a lot of it has to do with the land, not all, but alot. There are weird things about Arizona that I've noticed that have nothing to do with the paranormal. For instance, there are an abnormal amount of lefthanded people. I'm totally serious, it's just plain weird. 😉
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
I think you are lucky to have this ability! A little note to tell you, if you have the dreams of people asking for your help, don't be afraid. Try controlling your dreams and asking them there name, how they died etc. Also try researching the history of your house
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Claudia: "The white light" is what many of us use to protect ourselves from negativity...It's our way of shielding our psyche from unwanted attacks by spirits or living individuals... There are many ways to learn this technique...

Http//www.everythingunderthemoon.net/white-light-psychic-shielding.htm
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Dear Claudia, "the white light", is belived by many, to lead to the next step in our eternal existance. I'm sure you have heard people refer to, guiding dead loved ones, toward the light. This simply means, that some in the spirit world may not know they have passed, or may have something that is keeping them, "earthbound", like a personal worry, thus, "the light", is sort of a doorway to enter into the spirit world.
It is also believed, that the light is filled with love and passed loved one who wait for them on the other side, so as to expreience peace and rest.
For those of us, who believe in God, it is the path that leads to salvation and heaven.
I hope this explination, helps.
ClaudiaLove (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Thank you all so much for commenting! I'm trying to deal with my "gift" and help these people, as well as balance it with everything else that's going on in my life. What is the "white light"?
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Claudia, it takes time for a paranormal atmosphere to not frighten you. It's human to be frightened of what we do not know and what does not seem "normal" to us. You are new to your gift even if you've had it all your life, as now you are starting to awaken it. Maybe Karl's death has almost triggered your thinking on the matter and made the gift you possess more potent.

Some of us have a particular sensibility to things we cannot see, but we can be sensitive in different aspects of spirituality. Seeing, communicating, sensing etc. The list goes on, this is just the basic part of it.

I hope over time you learn to get used to your new found environment around you and learn to control your gift, because that is what they need. Control. Thanks for sharing your story.
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Claudia,

I have had several things happen to me in the past. I have heard voices. I have placed an item (i.e. Cell phone;keys and brush) down and then to go and reach for it and it not be there. I have gotten a whiff of perfume that I don't wear and wonder where it came from.
Its hard not to be scare when things such as this happens - When things happen to me - it catches me off guard - and then its like my brain has to process what I just seen and by then the moment to be scared is gone and I'm just weirded out.
By the way - what a great story - thank you for sharing - and I must say for a 16 year old -you write very well. 😊
MunstersBabe (10 stories) (32 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Wow! Good stuff!

I believe you do have the gift of spirit communication. There is something inside you, perhaps some kind of understanding, that these spirits feel comfortable with. If you do become afraid of one of them, you can always surround yourself with the "white light" and they won't bother you. I think you are fortunate in having this gift. You are able to help and comfort those spirits in need, should you choose to embrace your gift.

Blessings!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: