You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: What Is She Courting?

Real Ghost Stories

What Is She Courting?

 

When we were twelve we moved into a house it was a two storey house with everything downstairs except the bedrooms. The layout was a little odd because one entire side of the second floor was a single long room with a door at each end; it was probably two separate rooms at one point. This is the room that I share with my twin sister Barbara.

Shortly before we moved my sister started trying to follow a vegan new-age naturist lifestyle. She started asking everyone to call her Crystal, and stopped going to church saying that the bible encourages hatred of women. From the very beginning I had problems getting my crucifix to stay hanging; it would frequently fall off the wall and always land face down. I changed where I hung it and but to no avail, nothing else hung on the walls had this problem, but I chalked it up to it being two feet of wood and thus pretty heavy.

After living in the house a while and making friends with a couple of the local girls we managed to convince our Mom to let us have a sleepover. Our new friends confided in us that no-one lived in this house for a while before us because everyone thought it was haunted. After we were supposed to be in bed they snuck out of bed and brought out a Ouija board, saying they wanted to contact the spirit. I didn't want any part of it but I stayed and watched. My sister was right in there though. At first it seemed like nothing was happening they bid the spirit to talk to them and asked if it was there. After a few times the pointer suddenly jerked towards the 'yes' spot on the board. They asked its name: Lilith. They asked if it minded us living in its house: No. The longer this went on the more uncomfortable I was getting with this whole scenario so I made them stop, before we did we closed contact, and told the spirit not to interact with anyone in the house anymore and put the board away.

Now several years later I have started noticing some odd behaviour in my sister, which is saying something, she specializes in odd behaviour. She is now living a Goth lifestyle and will only answer to Persephone. It started when she started sleeping a little more often and buying underwear and nighties that I can't believe any self-respecting young woman would wear. At first I thought she might be sneaking out at night to see a secret boyfriend but since we share a room, I would notice if she was going out.

It has gotten to the point where pretty much all she does is sleep, Mom has taken her to the doctor but he says there is nothing wrong with her. She is often late for school because she sleeps in, she rarely does her homework. And recently she has started making noises in her sleep, indecent noises. I never connected this to what happened when we were kids until recently she got a new tattoo. "Lilith" on the small of her back.

Is this spirit messing with my sister?

What is it?

A ghost or a demon?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, childofanangel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LilithGarner (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
Hey,cool! That's my name!:D Btw I thought Lilith was a demon not a succubus.:/
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
The Rook, the Rook, the Rook is on fire,
We don't need no water...!

Glad to see your posts popping up lately,
Keep up the good work.:)

Lou
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
Ms_Foresight,

I call you out directly as you have the most 'in your face' description of this supposed Demon... Within the O/P experience and in the following comments I did not read anything that 'screamed' paranormal to me. Sounds like normal 'growing pains' of a teenager trying to 'find herself'. Yes the used a 'talking board' but from the description they closed it correctly so there should be no reason anything attached itself to someone...

Lilith = Demon Goddess of Dead Babies? May I ask what research lead you to that particular 'Title'.

As far as I know when children pass away, especially before the age of accountability (when the are old enough to understand right from wrong) they return to their 'Maker' because they are innocent and are not under the influence of any Demon (s). Off the top of my head here is what I remember of the 'Lilith' tale...

Lilith...in some ancient text's was supposed to be Adam's Wife... Not made from his rib but created from the same dust as he... When she refused to be subservient to Adam she was 'cast out/left' (depends on the text you read) the Garden of Eden. She later mated with the Archangel Samael. (before anyone asks...)

Archangel Samel =a figure who is accuser, seducer and destroyer, and has been regarded as both good and evil. It is said that he was the guardian angel of Esau and a patron of the Roman empire.

Also called Sammael and Samil, he is considered in legend a member of the heavenly host (with often grim and destructive duties), and equatable with Satan and the chief of the evil spirits. One of Samael's greatest roles in Jewish lore is that of the angel of death. He remains one of the Lord's servants even though he appears to want men to do evil. As a good angel, Samael supposedly resides in the seventh heaven, although he is declared to be the chief angel of the fifth heaven.

So you see... Nothing about being 'Queen Demon'...stop the scare tactic's and look at all

Childofanangel,

Hello, sorry about that I just felt that needed to be said. Did I read things correctly... Your sister has 3 tattoo's? All gotten with your Mother's permission? The First one when she was 13? With all due respect please sit down and talk with your sister, it sounds as if she is going through some difficult times and perhaps she will open up to you seeing as you are twins and there seems to be a special bond between twins. No offence, but I have to say... Nothing Paranormal here, please, please just talk with her.

Respectfully,

Rook
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
I just want to share this. I researched that the name lilith is a name of a succubus. So how's your sister now?
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
I agree with everyone that it doesn't sound like in particular there is anything demonic going on. I think she is having issues being a 16 year old girl and rebelling. A 2' heavy wooden cross will fall off a wall if you do not have the nail it hangs on anchored in a stud. Make sure it's properly secured to the wall, and your sister might also be taking it down as well.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-10)
I agree with BadJuuJuu, for a simple fact that everyone of us is speculating... Until you have spoken to her and she has told you that she is experiencing paranormal.

I know it may be frustrating to hear this from so many people here, trust me we will back off if in your next post you let us know that you have tried to speak to her or you have atleast monitored her a whole day to see her routine... I know you are worried about your sister and the easiest excuse for her behavior can be paranormal but there are no convincing reasons to believe she is dealing with a demon/ghost/spirits.
bcgags (1 stories) (4 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-01-10)
all you have to do to make her go away is a wiccan cleansing it works all the time for me when I was being attacked.
AdRock (3 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-09)
what I want to know... Is why would a demon be a vegan? And "goths" pretend they hate the world... But then they have love of animals? Confusing
reneespring (148 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-09)
You had a 2 foot cross you hung up in your house when you were only 12 years old? That sounds unusual... So you were very religious?
ZiShu (281 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-01-09)
Lilith is a demon, some say it was Adam's 1st wife. She is also a wife of Satan's, and supposedly the lust demons Succubi and Incubi are her children.
I've heard of some demon cases where it involved someone sleeping for many hours.
Most of the time you won't get a human spirit using the ouija board but a demon or something else. Many will argue with this and there is no way to prove it. I can find information about what's attached to your sister. I shall be able to get it off. Send me an email.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-01-08)
This still just doesn't sound paranormal. Mostly because it sounds a lot like what I did as a teen and my behavior wasn't influenced by anything ghostly. At the risk of boring you, I'll give a brief description of my teenage angst. It may give you some idea where your sister is coming from.
My family was always very religious, and members of a particularly sexist denomination. I was expected to be married, barefoot and pregnant as soon after high school as possible. I didn't want that. In addition to the religious issues, there were some messed up family dynamics with my preacher dad. Stuff that soured me on family and religion. I was afraid to sleep at night, and faked sleep so no one would know I was awake. I would go to bed around 10, and stay awake until after 5 am. Consequently, I slept during the day when I felt safe. My parents thought I slept too much, they didn't know I was an insomniac for a long time.
I wore all black cause my parents hated it. I wore the most ridiculous make up. And my underwear? All black, red, and lacy. Even when I had to dress to conform on the outside I was rebelling under my clothes.
I developed a hatred of most religious symbols, and wanted to rip all my mom's Christian pictures of the wall. Why did I hate religious stuff? Because I knew my family too well. The pictures were just for decoration, much like their faith.
So, are you absolutely sure she's really sleeping 12-15 hours a day? Do you know for a fact she isn't so disgusted with religion she's throwing your crucifix on the floor when you aren't looking? Have you tried just talking and seeing if she will open up? If she talks, just listen. Don't judge, and don't preach. If she won't talk, watch, observe, see if you can spot clues to the cause of her behavior.
Why are you so convinced this is paranormal? What other causes had you considered before paranormal?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-08)
childofanangel - I'm sorry. I really don't mean this to sound rude. I truly don't, but I'm pretty sure it's going to come across that way. You said, and I quote " buying underwear and nighties that I can't believe any self-respecting young woman would wear." Unless she is buying granny panties and plain white cotton bras, she's really pretty normal as far as today's teenage girls are concerned. I have one myself and have many nieces and friends with daughters. So the underwear thing? Not sure what you meant by that.

I'm also wondering, since you never mentioned it, where the ouija board came from. You said the girls brought it out.
childofanangel (1 stories) (3 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-08)
I want to thank everyone for your input and reassure people my sister, even though we are 16, did have mom's permission to get all 3 of her tattos (her first at 13).

The biggest thing I have trouble explaining as normal teenage behavior is the fact that she sleeps 12-15 hours a day, every day.

That and something really doens't like my crucifix, I have found it lying upto I have meters from where it was hanging on occassion, too far for it to have just slipped off the hook.
maddymouse99 (1 stories) (6 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-08)
I agree with BlanknameSpace and I has she all of a sudden been acting seriously different? Because this spirt Lilith may be stronger than you expect and may have taken over your sister
PastLifeCuriosity (1 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-08)
Hmm...it seems like, if any actual spirit, that this "lilith" wants to live a life that she never had... Maybe "lilith" is controlling (something like possession) your sister to do what she pleases because she may have been a murder victim on that property... You should research some history on that property... Or try at least.
Adolphos (62 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
There is a cleansing ceremony called smudging.

Here are some instructions for smudging:
Http://www.asunam.com/smudge_ceremony.html
Http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/62607/how_to_perform_a_native_american_smudging.html
Http://community-2.webtv.net/ [at] HH!DC!1A!8C68FB640D86/Taimloyd/SMUDGINGCEREMONY/ - last includes some practical advice on house smudging.
Char89 (3 stories) (14 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
I think its just normal teenage behavior. We all did it in one way or another... I agree with Loganz you are he sister not to mention tween sister, try to talk to her. Tell her your worried. Even if she lashes out on you at first she will settle down and will find comfort in the fact that at least YOU are concerned and interested and when shes ready to talk you will most likely be the first one she will go to. Just try to be supportive and yet cautious. ❤
BlanknameSpace (1 stories) (24 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
umm... Normal teenage behavior but just incase, lilith is a type of demon that causes sexual stimulation not unlike a succubus.
Adolphos (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
It's hard to tell if it's a ghost or demon. If it's the same spirit that haunted the house before, it's a ghost, as demons only interact with people. However, a separate being, perhaps a demon, may have been contacted during the ouija session.

There is a ghost busting tool that can rid both a house and a person of evil ghosts or demons, costing 150 USD.
Http://www.hootenization.com/GhostBuster.html
Note that when a ghost or demon is on a person, there are often cleansing reactions in which the person will fell sick as the ghost or demon tries to hold on to the person.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
Twins...:) then you sure must be close, at least I am with my twin. Best thing would be to talk to her, it cannot be that difficult to just ask her what is up? She is your sis, and a twin at it so sit down and talk to her. Tell her you worry and would love to help her.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
What's interesting to me is the spirit from the Ouija board said it's name was Lilith. I don't know if your sister big on mythology but according to Jewish Mythology Lilith was the first wife of Adam. She decided to leave him because she refused to to be subservient to him. Then she was band from the Garden of Eden after she mated with the archangel Samael. She is now considered the demon of waste places. Your sister could very well be interested in her myth and decided to take on that type of persona. Which is why she got the tattoo. But like BadJuuJuu said you have to be a certain age to get a tattoo with out parental permission so if it was done back alley you might want to make sure she gets tested hepatitis or any other transmitable diseases. Good luck with your sister and I hope the best for you both. Take care.
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
I would say the same thing. Maybe she has a stong belief in the paranormal and never forgot lilith, maybe she continued to contact her after the first experience, but also maybe she is on some sort of drugs... I deffinily remember what it was like being a teenager, it wasn't that long ago lol... Just ask her about it, continue to ask her about it... It would be interesting if lilith is still around... Except maybe try something else becides a ouiji board. Maybe she sleeps becasue when playing with the boaed is was not just lilith that attatched herself to your sister. Just ask questions... And don't let up... Show her she has your undivided attention on this subject
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
Doesn't really sound like a ghost or a demon. Sounds more like a phase. You don't mention your current age, but I'm guessing teens, around 16? It sounds like she's going through a rebellious, seeking her own identy period in her life.
The only worrisome thing is the tattoo, and not for any paranormal reason. If my guess on your age is correct, no licensed tattooist would touch her. Unprofessional tattoos are risky, you can get some nasty infections.
suni (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
I'm pretty sure your sister is a hipster. You should get her checked out as soon as possible.
SpoonMan (1 stories) (14 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
To be honest, it doesn't sound like anything is actually happening. Is your sister a teenager by any chance?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: