You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Are You There Mr Hendrix?

Real Ghost Stories

Are You There Mr Hendrix?

 

This story takes place twenty five years ago in my hometown. At the time I was living with my grandmother.

One time when I was seventeen, I was at home on my own and feeling a little sad because I had just finished reading a biography about the great rock guitarist/artist Jimi Hendrix. As you may know Jimi Hendrix young life was cut short by alcohol and drugs at the age of twenty-seven. And as I closed the book, reflecting on the sense of loss people would have felt at the time and all the music he would never get to write and record, a compulsion came over me to quickly go downstairs and turn the television on.

I smiled to myself thinking "This is ridiculous. You're just imagining things." I stood there for a few seconds trying to clear my mind but then suddenly thought to myself "Just do it." So I rushed downstairs, walked over to the television and switched it on. I remember feeling like something interesting was about to happen but also glad I was by myself otherwise I probably wouldn't bother doing this at all.

As the picture was slowly starting to form on the screen and only the sound of static could be heard - it was an old color TV, it took a few seconds to fire up - I remember thinking to myself, yes or no, something significant or just an active imagination. Then abruptly the sound focused itself. And as clear as bell a loud voice suddenly shouted the words "Are You There Mister Hendrix!?" A chill shot down my spine but a big smile appeared on my face. I'll never forget that.

By the way, the TV show had nothing to do with Jimi Hendrix.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, I_Am_SPECTRA, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
Great story!
I've never had an experience with EVP and I don't plan on wanting any either. Like you said, the "chill down the spine" thing is a little too exciting for my taste. Doesn't stop me from believing you OH NO MA'AM!

Qt
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
I_Am_SPECTRA,
Thanks for the interest in my story. You can read it by clicking on my name in bold type at the top of my comment here. That will take you to my profile page. From there you just scroll down the page until you reach "Ghost Stories from Javelina". The story I was refering to is called "Sweet Little Sister, That's my Little Sister". Click on the story's title and it should take you to my story.
I hope you like it. 😊
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Javelina: I forgot to add, yes, I'd really like to read your story about it. Where can I find it?
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Hi everyone. I should have made it more clear in my story. Although I see EVP as a reality, the voice I heard wasn't an EVP. It was from a character in the TV show. But the impact on me was just the same; I mean, how...who...what...where?
DeviousAngel: Thanks, that is reassuring and you're welcome.
Javelina: Wow, so you were there. And yes, I'll accept it for what it is then 😊 Thanks for that.
Zzsgranny: 😊 Yes, I feel the same way "either way, very cool" Thank you.
Luckyseven: Last night I was watching a documentary about EVP. Just amazing. My conclusion is always: The implications are huge. I've never tried to capture EVPs myself but I may try to in the near future. Thanks very much.
If I've missed anybody, its because at the time of this reply, your comment hasn't appeared on this page yet. 😊 Thanks.
luckyseven (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
I truly believe the message was meant just for you... I have many evps on my digital recorder and you can hear them through white noise easily enough, Just tune into any radio in between stations with white noise and you will be able to communicate... That is just totally awesome!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
Spectra: COOL, very cool! 😊...But I'm a bit confused! (what's new? 😆)...Was the voice from someone in the show, or did it seem to stem from the static?...Either way, very cool! ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
As someone who remembers when that happened, I have to say that message was meant just for you man. No doubt about it. Believe me, I've had messages come to me through rhe radio myself. I wrote a story about it if you want to read it. But that one was for you!
Peace! ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
Thank you for sharing this Spectra! I think you had a very rare and unique experience, and perhaps the voice you heard was just the collective universe's way of saying, "don't worry."
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
510mot: Yes 'exitement' is the word. Yes similar things have happened, but as you pointed out, maybe from more of a psychic aspect. One time I was going through a very difficult time spiritually/emotionally when suddenly EVERYTHING seemed to come into focus in a new way. And I sat down in front of the TV and whatever chanel I randomly surfed to, the thing being spoken about or said was COMPLETELY relavant to my new understanding. It was as if the power of the universe had connected me to the world! Lol. And I felt peace for the first time. Sounds strange but that's exactly what I think had happened. Thanks 510mot 😊
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
Other than seeing a full body apparition nothing in the world of the paranormal excites me as much as e.v.p.! There is also a psychic aspect to this story. Its akin to the times a song pops into your head so you turn on the radio and that same song is playing! Has anything like this happened since?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: