You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My 5 Year Old Being Taunted

Real Ghost Stories

My 5 Year Old Being Taunted

 

My daughter has a history of seeing things like for example when a family member is away she will point and tell us there is dad, or grandpa and we see nothing of course, we ask where she points so sure she can see this, she says right there see his face is right there.

This brings me to the not so good part when she was younger 3 times before she had something or somebody taunting her when she was about 18 months she woke up and started yelling no, no, no and looking towards the ceiling and pointing. I asked what it was she would not say. I hugged her and she kept turning her head to that spot as if something kept calling her to see, and was so scared she was shaking and backing up like the "thing" was coming toward her. Well after a couple minutes I managed to calm her down and she went back to sleep.

About a year later same thing happened the difference was that we had moved to California so this was a different house. Dad was there and started saying some prayers for her and she calmed down sooner this time (we are catholic).

Well most recently about 6 months ago we moved again this time she was 4 but did not say what it was that she was seeing and she calmed down and went back to sleep after I prayed for her just like her dad did.

Now this week its happened twice and we are yet in a different house, the first time I asked what do you see she said "FACE" that's all she said the next day her older brother who's 12 asked her what she saw she said scary face and he asked her was it a boy or girl she said girl. Then she pretty much declined and ignored us when we tried to find out more information.

I had my mom read some prayers to my daughter and used holly water on her and on our house. However 2 nights later same thing happened but after I prayed and my daughter calmed down and was falling asleep, it happened again this time she was more scared than the first time and left the room. She does not want to talk about the subject. I am starting to get scared not for what's causing this but for my daughter.

Please help.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, idalia5800, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

OregonPS (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Has this been resolved? Any continuing activity regarding your daughter?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
momof2,

If you've read my profile you have seen how diverse my back ground is. You are correct, if you 'focus' on a spirit it can draw more energy from you and possibly from the surounding area... This allows it to manifest stronger (more solid... Able to move things/touch people).

I do not question that...it's that human spirits (ghosts) do not seem to harm people... Yes they may touch a person if able, but only to draw attention to themselves.

Poltergiest (sp?): Yes they can move things... Mostly by channeling the 'energy' of children going through puberty (sp). In some cases this may not be a spirit, but a manifestation of 'physic power' from the child themselves (and may be the only time the individual shows signs of haveing any pyschic abilities).

There are cases of non-human enities that do push the extreams, but they are few and far between, but like most 'bad' things they get all the 'good' publicity (sp) and because of that seem to be more frequent.

Your Daughter at 2.5 years old is still close enough to the veil that she see's across it easily and the reverse holds true as well, earth bound spirits that have not crossed over see her 'innocent energy' that 'pure untainted light' and are attracted to it... So I'm not suprised it happens at any time of the day or night... This could pass as she grows older... And further away from the veil between the spirit world and the 'physical' world. If it does not, it could remain the same, grow stronger or even 'change' into another psychic 'gift'. For now, share stories of your experiences when you were younger (her age), things that happened to you that are simular to what she is experienceing. Reasure her that she is protected and safe.

Respectfully,

Rook
momof2 (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
I will also add, this behavior isn't during the night, but randomly throughout the day while playing. I come from a long line of first born daughters who have all done the same. We have all talked to spirits as young children and some like myself have other developments as we grew older.
momof2 (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
Rook

I can certainly appreciate what you are saying. And thank you for you advice.
I am Wiccan in belief and I myself have grown up seeing things. I've had some pretty strange experiences in my life.
What I mean by telling her they don't exist, is they can't harm her. If you give credence to a spirit I from my own experience, have found they do manifest into more stable matter. Meaning they can then physically touch you (again this is what happened to me several years ago).
I don't want her to grow up afraid of the dark. So we teach her not to fear what she sees. We do investigate every occurrence, meaning we ask her questions calmly first, then comfort her.
I did start a ritual of sorts with her stuffed animals. And I leave one in front of her door to protect her. When, like in the case of a spirit, you believe in something strong enough, you give it power and life.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
momof2,

I understand your concern's...'how do Parent's comfort a young child without totally discounting what they have just experienced...'

First: Don't say things like...'There's nothing there, (Mom/Dad) won't let anything harm you.'

Try something like this instead... Calm them down and ask them what they saw. (provided they are old enough to talk) Comfort them and reasure them that whatever they have seen can not harm them (it's extremly rare, if at all that a spirit (ghost) harms anyone... Other entities... Well I'm sure many here can already see the 'debate' that is coming... 😲)

Never dismiss your childs experience... Show them that whatever they saw is no longer there, comfort them... And start a 'bedtime ritual' (no not anything to do with spell casting). If your Faith is with Heavenly Father... Say a goodnight prayer each night with your child / children. Ask for 'His' protection, ask that their sleep remains undisturbed. If your not 'Christian' you can still have a routine that includes something to comfort your child / children, something that makes them feel protected before they go to sleep.

The biggest thing is to talk about what they experienced, do not 'blow it off'...'down play it as imagination' or tell them there is no such thing...

If you understand what they are going through, you will be better able to help them with what they are experinceing.

Just some basic things, I hope help you momof2...

Idalia5800,

Any updates... Or new experiences you'd care to share?

Respectfully,

Rook
momof2 (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter that has done much the same. She's always talking about monsters and shadows and faces. When she was just born she would awake from a sleep staring at a wall or ceiling, screaming blue murder. The only thing that would calm her down was taking her onto the porch. There isn't a day that goes by she hasn't spoke to us about a shadow or monster somewhere in the house, telling us that it scares her. I do see though after time and time again of us disputing the existence of such things and explaining that we would never let anything happen to her; she has seemed calmer about what she sees.
I do myself believe in the unknown, but I feel denying the existence of spirits to her, may allow for her to overlook them.
Jeanine_dv (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
If I where you I would contact your local presit or pastor and have them pray over your home. This spirit should not be going around scaring your kids!
SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
Thank you for sharing your story. I couldn't help but think of me when I was young. According to my parents I would scream and point to something that I called "La Chacha". It would freak them out. It could be your daughter has a gift and although this may not be of a comfort to you know that your protection and love can shield her from any harm. I think you are doing the right thing in saying prayers. Also ask for St. Michael's intersession. He's protected me many times. You can also talk to your priest or minister for spiritual guidance or counseling.
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
I'd suggest seeing a councellor with your child. Your religious beliefs might calm you down and when you're calm it's only obvious a kid calms down aswell. But your religious views will not eliminate her problems/disorders.
ghostslaya (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
at Petersspirit

Sometimes chalenging the spirit is not a good idea it let's it know that it can bug you and hell do it more and become more violent I sugest ignoreing it if it doesn't go away go to clairvoient
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
idalia5800,

I'm very sorry to hear about the scare which your daughter is experiencing. It makes us as adults feel so helpless. Like many posters here I agree that praying is a blessing and as it shows with your child: it really is! I would also tell what ever is haunting her to: "leave my daughter alone, stop making her afraid!" My eldest niece used to see something at their former home which did scare her just as much as your child. Then my sister in law performed a ritual and had the entity back off.

Thanks for sharing,
Peter.
KandiieChoklatee (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
The worst thing that could happen to do with paranormal beings is either getting hurn, or taunting young children. I suggest praying with her every night, or you could sleep with her in the same room. Set her mind to positive thoughts and make her feel safe. But if that doesn't work, taking her to a priest or someone.

Hope for the best for you and your family.
Kenzie x
ghostslaya (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
what I would do is take her to a clarvoiant and see what she can tell you... If you have any more probs or questions email me at ghostslaya93 [at] yahoo.com
Hollbear (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
Idalia
I am new to this site but I joined for very similar reasons, I have a 3 year old that is always telling me he see things, I also hear him talking to people who are not there and yelling at what ever or who ever it is to stop touching his toys, I ask him who he is talking to and ge tells me "I-ments" atleast that is what it sounds like he says, I look foward to posting my stories when I can so that I can get some feed back, I feel your pain though and I hope you can get it resolved.

:)
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
Well, I have to agree with BadJuuJuu on this one. TRy and make it as comfortable as possible for your daughter. Maybe pray every night with her and reassure her that its alright. I'm sure that your daughter will talk to you eventually and give you more information.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
dampixon (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
Idalia: I wonder if this could be night terrors instead of paranormal? I apologize if you've already looked into this and it's not. My son, now 11, has experienced these from time to time since he was a toddler. They are very scary episodes in which he wakes in terror, looking at and trying to get away from things in the room that aren't there, and I do wonder if some of these have been paranormal experiences because he's scared me out of my wits! But at least there is some measure of medical explanation that helps me not totally freak out. He never remembers anything about these terrors the next morning.

Regardless, I think you are doing the right things by praying and helping her to calm down. Whatever is the source of this, I hope that you get some answers and some peaceful sleep:)
flora (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
My niece would react that way at my house and at her own she is now 3 years old. She wouid not want to shower and then now when she gets mad she goes to our closet all by herself and starts talking like if she is telling someone what happen.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
I would say that in our culture, these are quite common. However, it is safer and better to be careful. In our Hindu culture, we immediately used to approach persons, who are quite acquainted with paranormal and try to get a talisman so that it could be tied in the hand of the child. In your case, why don't you try and put a crucifix on a chain and put it around the neck of your child. This would definitely wade away any evil spirits. But, I will tell you from my experience over the years, some children are gifted and they could see, feel and hear spirits, paranormal happenings etc. But, because your daughter says that the face she sees is scary, it is better to be careful. Also, put a crucifix in the bedroom of your daughter. It would also be better if you don't make her sleep in a separate room and instead be with you parents.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
Rook: Your "gut feeling" is one that I would never doubt! ❤...Nice post 😊 ❤
Deedeeball (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
When my daughter was 2-3 years old (can't recall exact) she had experiences in our old townhouse on a Naval Base. It never occurred to me our "home" had sensitivity, but her comments were occasional and, looking back, regular. She would talk aloud to someone in the room, which I, unfortunately, did not address, looking back. She had a younger sister and I was preoccupied. However, when I raised my voice (regretfully) to the children, things happened, shades pulled down and snapped up to the top of the window in a dramatic whirl. Fragrances were freshly sprayed way beyond reach of my young children. One particular night my daughter cried out for me... Saying the lady was scaring her. Asking which lady, she and her friend simultaneously pointed to a loveseat (I had acquired from a thrift shop) ...I thanked the spirit form taking care and we all moved on, for BS sake
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
idalia5800,

Children...the younger they are the more 'sensitive' they seem to be. It is MHO that this is because they are still close to the veil that seperates the spirituial from the physical. Most Children never realize this and we see them speaking with 'imaginary friends' and such.

Unfortunately with your Daughter, with so many moves the 'spirits' that she see's tend to 'come on strong' because either you have just moved into the Home or you are begining to pack so that you can move again.

(Granny, you provided a great link... But my 'gut feeling' wins out... 😉)

There is nothing 'Demonic / Evil' about what is happening to her...it's that spirits are attracted to those close to the veil... This can be because we are children... We are Mediums / Psychic or we are at the other end of our 'life cycle'. (Don't worry, this is not the case here...) In this situation the spirits are attracted to your Daughter because she is young (close to the veil still) and radiates an innocent energy, a combination that spirits are very much attracted to. There are many reasons for this... For some, it helps them to find a way to cross over... Others are attracted as if a moth to a light (these would be non-human...but innocent enities).

Saying prayers with her every night is a great way to help provide a shield so that these spirits will not bother her. Saying them afterwards may provide comfort, but saying them before may just keep them away altogether.

Just becasue something scares us does not make it 'evil or demonic'. Why O' why do so many people jup on that band wagon? It's true your daughter may have a gift, but more than likely this is someting she will outgrow... The older she is the further from the veil her senses become and the 'sight' will naturally fade... If this is still happening when she is 10-12 years old, well then she more than likely is gifted and there are many resources that can provide education and aid if that is the case.

Please keep us updated and set aside your fears. There is nothing either 'abnormal' nor 'evil' in what is happening to your daughter.

Respectfully,

Rook
IsaacBPS (2 stories) (15 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Banish forever it in the name of Jesus Christ! That should work:)

This comment from ZiShu is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
you are doing the right thing. Just be strong and use white light protection along with your prayer. I am not religious by any means but some things do respond to prayer and that is what makes you strong. I always call to the white light. Teach your daughter how to protect herself too!

I wish she would tell you more about what she sees. Maybe in time she will.

This comment from Unfriendly is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

This comment from JustinEckert is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

BadJuuJuu (guest)
+6
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
What I think I would do in your situation:
Pray with her every night before bed. I'm not sure from your post if prayer is an every night occurance, or just on the nights she is afraid. Pray with her each and every night as it seems to help her calm down and relax.
Get her a night light if she doesn't have one. Dark rooms are scary for small children. Giving her some light could help her feel more secure.
Make sure that for at least an hour before bed, she isn't watching anything that could scare her on tv, no video games that might bother her (yes I know she's 5, but my husband knows a guy who let's his 2 year old play Halo), read a book with her. Something happy.
If there is any stress in the family, do your best to reduce the stress. Family tensions can affect young children. Work towards resolving any issues that could be directly or indirectly bothering her. Believe me, kids see a lot more than some adults give them credit for, and they hear even more than they see.
Taking her to her doctor for a full check up is not a bad idea either. Nothing wrong with covering all the bases and being certain there is no medical cause for these events.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
idalia: I believe that children are prone to paranormal experiences...However, reading your post, I was struck by how many times you've had to change locations... This is pretty stressful, even for adults... I hate moving! 😆...I think it's possible that what she's experiencing could be related to the often changing environment...

Http://www.conquering-stressful-family-hurdles.com/anxiety-in-children.html

Even if this isn't paranormal in nature, saying a prayer with her at bedtime is a good idea... Ask her to make up her own bedtime prayer, and say it with her every night...

I can't say for sure that this is the problem, or what she's experiencing isn't paranormal... But if it works and helps her to get through the night, I say go for it! 😊 ❤
Unfriendly (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
You know, we often incorrectly assume these things are up to no good. When I was the same age my family was in possession of an artifact from the swagap tribe, and believe it or not every night I'd have visions of this thing visiting me, I was terrified of it. Only in the last few years have I come to realise that it was infact a guardian of our home, and I was needlessly afraid of it.
From what you've said all this entity has done to your daughter is showed her different faces. It also had the decency to temporarily leave when asked to (believe me, it takes more than a couple of quick prayers to get rid of a dangerous one). Talk to your daughter and tell her not to be worried about it. If it keeps being a nuissance there are plenty of ways to get rid of it, but make that your last resort.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: