You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Our Haunting

 

It's been a while since I posted anything, but I wanted to add another story of the haunted house I live in now. Sorry but this is going to be kind of long.

My wife and I moved in to this house in 2004, it was built in 1956 so it's older. When we moved in, my wife and I and her son were sitting downstairs in the basement, when we heard a bang upstairs. Well we didn't investigate it immediately and went on watching our show on TV. Later my wife went upstairs to get something and said that she found a glass vase that she had put on top the refridgerator in the middle of the kitchen floor standing upside down. Now there is no way the vase could of fallen from the fridge to the middle of the floor on it's own. Never the less, being in a new house, we registered it in the back of our minds as odd. By the way both my wife and myself believe in ghosts as we have had too many experiences to doubt their existence.

Well, little things began to happen; like the TV downstairs would turn on when nobody was down there. One time we were trying to catch the ghost on video and we placed a chair on the floor with a camera on it to record anything, and we left the house for a while and when we came back the camera was turned off and the chair had been moved to the middle of the living room floor with phone books stacked on the seat. Nobody had been to the house as we had taken the family out with us. It was kind of funny, because the ghost seems to be intelligent enough to do these things and he knows you are trying to catch him.

I have set out a recorder many times to capture any EVP while I am out of the house and everytime I set it up and I announce that I'm leaving now. Whenever I play it back I hear a constant clicking sound or a tapping sound kind of like a clock. Thing is, we don't have a working clock that ticks in the house and the sound is not audible anytime when we are in the house. I have caught sounds before on the recorder where it sounds like someone is slamming doors in the house and cabinets, but nothing is out of place or stolen when we return to rule out possible burglars.

I call the ghost a lazy ghost because he is active for a few days then there will be no activity for a year of more, then out of the blue he will do something like turning on the TV downstairs.

There was one time that he was really active and I and my wife believe it was because we were having marital problems and were arguing alot. The ghost was targeting my wife when we argued. I would leave the house and she would tell me that it sounded like a truck drove through the house and crashed into the living room, but she was too scared to get up and check it out.

My wife was pushed down the stairs when I would be in the basement after a fight, always on the second to last step something would push her and my young son was pushed on the same step. Well I had had it when I found out and I went upstairs to the crawlspace, because that is where we think it hides out. We always feel uncomfortable there and like an energy pushing you away. Also the door to the crawlspace will not stay closed. We have to prop it up against the hole because it will constantly fall down after you stick it against the hole. I attribute it to high heat and air pressure, but the feeling you get being up there is not natural.

Anyway, like I said, after my wife was pushed on the stairs I went up there and told the ghost that was enough, you will not push or harm my family and if it continued I would banish it from this house. I gotta say it worked, because it never happened again, and I think the ghost is afraid of me, because it never does anything directly to me.

Well as things progressed with the marital problems and fighting between us the ghost started to do things in my newborn sons room. We were downstairs and there was a loud crash in his room and we rushed up there to discover my sons bookshelf turned over with all his books and toys on the floor. Also he had a giant stuffed Care Bear that would be moved or thrown down the stairs when he was asleep.

One time as we were in bed, a big bag of stuffed animals we had bagged up and left in front of the crawlspace door was thrown down the stairs. There is no way a breeze or draft could of moved the bag and the bag was against the wall a good three feet from the stairs and it was pushed down the stairs and landed outside of our bedroom door which sits across from the stairs.

We used to have a foot stool that we kept near our bed for my wife to use to get into bed when she was pregnant. We have a captains bed and it is very high so the stool helped her get into bed. Anyway, that stool would be flipped violently everynight. When I was downstairs I would hear the loud bang and go up to find it upside down and outside of the doorway of our room. Yet, everytime we tried to video tape the stool it would never move.

The ghost got the most violent with my wife when I left the house for weeks, because of the fighting. My wife called me one time and said she was scared and had been keeping a knife behind her pillow on the headboard, and she felt the ghost enter the room and she said I'm not scared of you, you can't hurt me. I told her to say that when she felt scared or threatened. Well, she told me that the ghost laughed in her face and threw the knife she had behind her head against the opposite wall where it stuck in the wall. She took a pic of it, and sent it to me.

Also when she was in the kitchen cooking the knife that she was using fell off the cutting board and stuck into the floor by her foot. It was too far up on the counter to of fallen on it's own. We called in a ghost investigation group that a guy I work with runs, when that happened and they came over.

The day they came over, just before they got to our house, my wife was playing the piano in our living room and called me upstairs because she said that she had seen a little boy's face reflected in a picture frame that was on the piano when she was playing. I asked her what he looked like and she said he had black hair and his face was messed up looking like scary messed up looking, but it was a short little boy.

When my coworker arrived he brought his aunt who stated she was sensitive and she stated she felt the ghost was a little boy and that was why it listened to me when I was mad and told it to stop. She and my wife also heard laughing in the house, when myself and the other investigators heard nothing. Nothing was caught on film that they took or EVP's though, because like I said he's smart.

Well as we mended our marriage and stopped fighting the activity stopped and he has been fairly quite. I don't know if it is a ghost of a boy or a demon feeding off of the negative energy in the house that we had created or not. But no activity has happened in quite awhile.

Just in closing: I had a dream in which I was in a house, not mine, and a ghost had trapped a family behind a wall and I ran around the wall to help them and the ghost shattered a pane of glass at me and screamed this loud scream in my face. He was really ugly and freaky looking, and I remember saying in my dream, "I bind you in the name of Jesus Christ and cast you from this place" and I saw in my dream the ghost stopped screaming in my face and vanished, then I woke up.

Nothing has happened in our house as of late. It has been quiet for a few years now.

Other hauntings by turfster

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, turfster, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
I live in Upstate New York as well and I think its about the most haunted place in america. I have loads of ghost experiences here
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
What an amazing story! It surprises me that a child would throw a knife... Twice. When I think of ghost children, I think of sweet innocent beings. Unless it could possibly be a demon disguising itself, which is rare.

You're very brave for telling it to back off when it was bothering your wife and son. I think the ghost child might have been upset when you started having marriage issues. His activity might have been telling you that he didn't like it.

Thanks for sharing your story! I liked it alot!

AF1 ❤
Pete16 (2 stories) (49 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
Turfster, thanks for sharing your story! I found the last part about your dream really interesting. There were some weird things going on in my house a few years ago, and I had a very, very similar dream to yours. Now, any activity has stopped. I have been thinking it would be a bit crazy to admit I handled the situation in that dream, but secretly, I could tell an immediate difference afterward. Anyway, it helped me to know you seemed to have had a similar experience (so maybe I'm not crazy), and I wanted to share mine with you.
Aprilsnanny35 (3 stories) (35 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
Fascinating story! Sounds like a naughty little boy to me but one that may need help crossing over? Just a thought. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you well.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
[at] turfster,
I believe it's because the activity is focused on every one but you that makes it more probable for the entity to be attached to you. Perhaps it feels it's doing things to help you out or because it may be a little jealous when your attention is directed toward your family.
Just a thought...

Jav
turfster (2 stories) (9 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
Ohh and I forgot to add that as I went through the deed for the land and house there was something mentioned about silver and salt mining in my area. I live in Onondaga County so maybe that ghost is attached to the land with old mines.
turfster (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
Thanks for the input. I appreciate it, the reason I don't jump to banishing the entity is because it can be hard and I don't have the history of the house. Just a deed that goes back to the land owners. It may be attached to me but the activity is seldom done to me, and I had only two paranormal things that happened as a child. I can post a story about that soon.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
turfster,
After going through the comments below, I was struck by what 510MOT had posted as a suggestion. That is a very intriguing supposition that, in my humble opinion, deserves serious consideration.
Thank you again for sharing!

Jav 😊
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
Also, I just thought about the events you described in your newborn son's room; and it sounds a lot like the boy entity was perhaps jealous of the new addition to your family. You know how kids get the "I'm not the baby anymore" feelings when they have a new sibling? Just a thought! 😊
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
Turfster,

Well, this sounds incredibly awful. I'm sorry you and your family had to endure such negative events. Miracles mentioned it might have really been a little boy. I don't know what it was, but it does make sense with the stuffed animals being moved and the almost temper tantrum-like antics. Also, kids can be highly intelligent and like other posters mentioned, they pick up on the emotional environment around them. About the knife incident- I wouldn't say it was or was not the little boy. My boyfriend's nephew was always trying to grab/play with knives when he was only two years old AND loved to throw everything in sight.

It could have been a number of things, but that is my take on the little boy theory. I'm very glad things are better both with your marriage and the paranormal events.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
turfster,
Wow! What a merry-go-round ride you've been on huh? Very interesting account of your experiences, and thank you for sharing. I enjoyed reading it.

Jav
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
Wow! Very good story. Thanks for sharing this and I hope you'll come back and with another tale if anything else happens.
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
Wow, glad things are working out for you guys, and hope they stay that way. I have a girlfriend going camping for a week, and I will be taking care of her cats. Her house is haunted, but no activity since last fall. So I'm hoping they'll stay inactive while I'm there. Mostly when anything active happened to me, it was at night and I 'sensed' a spirit touching me. Actually haunted house activity hasn't happened to me since early 2000's in my own house. And I hope it stays that way with her house.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
Jarman,I for one criticized no one. I merely suggested that since the entity has been aggressive that he learn as much as he can so as to better protect those he cares for. I would do as much for anyone. I don"t believe the danger is lost on any of the other posters as well. What better way to defend one's self than knowlege of the danger he faces?
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
As a final note, I am surprised that people are actually criticizing the author because he didn't immediately try to banish the spirit.

To begin with, the ghost listened to the author. It's obviously a intelligent haunting and is willing to listen to him.

Secondly because sometimes attempting to banish a spirit from your home can actually backfire and make a bad situation worse. I only recommend people attempt to cleanse their home as a last resort as it's almost like declaring outright war on the spirit in question. You have to be prepared for retaliation from the spirit. In most cases it's best to try the diplomatic approach first.
JarMan (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
Sounds pretty interesting, a few things I'd like to suggest though...

Since problems seemed to increase when you started having marriage problems, it's possible that some of the things were caused by your child in question, I don't know how old they were, but even young children can pick up on things when they aren't going well in a household and discontent can possibly generate poltergeist like activity from an unhappy child.

The second thing is, I wouldn't take much stock in the dream. Sounds like you were having quite a few issues, sounds like the stress was high. I think a the dream was a dream and nothing more. Chalk it up to high levels of stress.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
Did your co-worker's aunt address whether or not the ghost was attached to the home or possibly you? My suspiscions are that the ghost is attached to you as it listened and showed a warped sense of loyalty to you. I wonder if investigated you will find a link to this ghost going back to your childhood. This could explain you reluctance to banish this ghost, at least a subconscious reluctance. Are there people you can ask about the possibility of you having an imaginary friend you may have forgotten about? As for the ghosts distorted features, it could be that as you remember more about him he will be better able to present himself as such. Everyone who knows me will tell you that I am one of the contributors least likely to suggest that an entity is demonic but in this case I cannot rule it out. This story is giving me a sense of true danger that I don't normally get. Do an investigation, learn more. Protect your family. 😢 😐
reneespring (148 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
I'm wondering about something: You said that after the ghost pushed your wife and child down the stairs, you threatened to banish it IF it did it again... Why wait for something so dangerous to happen *again* before banishing it? If you have what it takes, banish it NOW... The ghost is violent and seems potentially DANGEROUS.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
turfster - this is just my opinion here, and I'm by no means an expert. I just kind of go with my gut when I read the stories and say what I think. Lots of times I'm wrong and I certainly won't be offended if I am, so don't be afraid to say so 😆.

After I read your story, I just kind of let it sink in because I couldn't quite get the impression from the little boy. I don't think he was a demon in disguise. It was as I was doing my laundry that it came to me. You said the attacks, more or less, were directed toward your wife and that it was when you two were having marital problems.

Here's what I'm thinking and wondering. What if this little boy is just that? A little boy ghost who was blaming your wife for the arguments and was taking your side? He could have been reacting to the situation, bad energy between you and your wife, which created his negativity. You did say you've mended your marriage and the activity has decreased.

Just a thought and, like I said, I could be totally off 😉.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: