You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost In House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In House

 

My wife and I have lived in ourhouse since 1992. We have had four incidences that have happen since my father-in-law passed away in August of 1994. My father-in-law did not live with us.

About four years ago I was alone in the house watching TV in the family room when I heard someone sneeze. I even said God bless you at which point I realized I was the only one there.

My daughter went down to the basement where our washer and dryer are to do laundry. She told me she smelled a sweet tobacco from a pipe. She even felt a chill and then she left.

Just this morning (9/21/2011) I was sleeping down in our family room, I went to go upstairs to see my wife when I stopped and saw a shadow of someone sitting on our living room couch. I stood there and all of a sudden it disappeared.

Is there anyone out there with some answers?

If it is my father-in-law I don't have problem, if it is someone else I would like to know who it could possibly be.

When we first bought the house there was a Polish inscription over the back door. I myself am Polish and Italian. I called the church that we were associated with and had a priest come over to see the writing above my back door. All he said was that it was a blessing of the house. I have a lot of items of my father who passed away 5/2/2004. I just feel it is not him.

One other occurrence that I did not mention yet was about three months ago when I got up to go to work and saw that our dining room light was on. I went back upstairs to tell my wife that she left the light on in the dining room; she said she did not leave any lights on when she went to bed. I just thought she forgot, when I went back downstairs to shut the light off it was already off.

Thanks Dan

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, danmasmo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

danmasmo (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-23)
My wife has not seen or heard anything out of the ordnary. The inscription over the back door said "I bless this house and the people that live here".
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
I think that since the occurrences are so few and far between, you could probably just chalk it up to nothing at all. I've heard of paranormal things happening in houses though just a few times over a long period of time and then stopping. So what's happening could def be legit.

I want to hear more. I have a lot of the same questions that geetha asked.
What did the inscription say?

I think if you answered a lot of these questions, and maybe gave a little more history, then people here might be able to help you a little more.
Thanks for sharing.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
(1) Has your wife experienced anything on her own or with the rest of the family?

(2) What does your wife think about what you and your daughter experienced?

(3) You said that your daughter experienced a sweet tobacco smell and a chill. Did your father in law or your father smoked tobacco?

(4) I'm not sure what faith you and your family practice but why don't you have your religious leader come in to do a blessing of the house?

(5) Another suggestion, if you and your family are feeling about to it, would be to try communicating with this spirit. If you can't do this by yourself, you can have a medium or a paranormal investigation group come into your house (if you allow it).

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: