You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grammy

Real Ghost Stories

Grammy

 

Ghosts love me. They always have. I have a lot of stories of paranormal experience, ranging from the merely strange to the truly frightening, but this one is sweet. It is my only sweet one.

About four years ago, my grandmother got very sick and had to go live in a nursing home, so my family took in her pets. She died a year later. Having such a strong paranormal connection, after she passed I expected to feel her presence. When I cleaned out her house, when I wore her jewelry, when I wore her clothes (she had the most beautiful clothes and I kept everything that fit me), or even just when I thought of her. But I had no such experiences and after a year or so, I stopped looking for them.

This summer, her dog Tiny Tim also passed away. On my birthday, for that matter. It was pouring and unseasonably cold for June, so we waited into the night to bury him, hoping the rain would stop. It didn't, and we buried him in the garden well after dark. Tim had been practically my dog since Gram got him when I was three, so naturally, I was very distraught. I stayed out in the pouring rain crying at his little grave long after my parents and brother had gone in the house. I was out there alone, soaking and cold, when I felt warm air around my shoulders and caught a whiff of my grandmother's perfume on the air. She always wore a very particular perfume that came in a little white bottle with a dove on top; there is no mistaking the smell. The perfume hung in the air as long as I stayed by the grave.

Other hauntings by mairead

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mairead, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Sie (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
Obviously, there's no need for "help", but a little advice; spirits that do not find themselves stuck on our level and were rather happy in life will not likely stick around. Being said, these same spirits will often come when they feel you need them.

I think I would have loved to meet your grandmother, she seems so different from my own. I glad that this story did not end in fear or confusion. ❤
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-20)
Oh, that is a sweet story! Your grandmother sounds like a wonderful, stylish and compassionate woman. Thank you!
ParrotPig104 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-20)
That is such a sweet story! I almost felt a lump in my throat! I'm such a bag of wet lettuce 😆 It's awful to loose a close member of your family, and also awful to loose a pet on your birthday. 😭

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: