You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Visit From Grammy

Real Ghost Stories

Visit From Grammy

 

My grammy died two years ago, when I was 12. She was like my best friend and I told her everything. She died of colon cancer. Before she died I told her she has to visit me when she died to tell me she was okay. She said she would.

One night in the summer, me and my stepbrother were in my room watching tv. It was about 3 o'clock in the morning. My room is normally really really hot, but it started getting cold. It got so cold me and my step brother got under the blankets. Then we heard a breezy moan and my stepbrother said, "If this is Gramma Ann make a noise." Then we heard a bang on my bed. We both jumped! My stepbrother asked if it was me and I said no. Then I asked if it was him and he said no. Then I thought I heard a noise in the corner of my room. I took out my phone and took a picture. There was a gray figure in the corner of the room. Me and my step brother stood in bed shaking. Then my other stepbrother, Kevin opened the door to see if we were still up. We told him the story and he brought us down stairs and we couldn't go to sleep until the next day.

Then I remembered I wrote a song for her that night. I sang it in my room. Then the next day I couldn't find it. I wounder if that was Gramma Ann coming to take it.

Other hauntings by xoxorissaoxo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xoxorissaoxo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GhostBeliever40 (27 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-18)
I am glad to see your grandmother come back, after she passed away,

Since she's your best friend.

I wish the story was a bit longer, so interesting 😁

I am going to ready your other story

Take Care.
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-17)
xox - I know what you are talking about when you said you heard a Breezy Moan - I lost my second husband to complication from diabeties - 2 years later my third husband (I remarried 17mos after Geoff died) and I are sitting in the living room watching T.V. (Geoff died in the house) and behind my husband's (MIKE) recliner came this moan/sign whatever it was---I ask Mike what that was - (I knew that it was Geoff) Mike said it was the wind - except the wind was not blowing.

As soon as the story window opens up so I can submit another story - you will find this one and others under the name of
"1318 Smokey Road" - many things happen in this house.
By the way - great story
xoxorissaoxo (5 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
No this happened a year ago I have a new phone now. But I wish I saved that picture
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
I do not believe in purgatory, however I do believe it may take some longer to cross over than others. They may feel like there is some undone thing they have not completed or in your case, perhaps someone they wish to say good bye to.

Do you still have the picture on the phone?

God Bless!
sinner (guest)
-1
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
Read the book "Hungry Souls" it is about purgatory... She might be asking for help (prayers)...good luck -Rebecca

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: