You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Paralysed

Real Ghost Stories

Paralysed

 

My name is Jess and I am a 13 year old girl.

My story happened about a month or two ago and I thought I would share my experience.

It was about one in the morning and I was sleeping on my back. I woke up to find myself unable to move. My eyes were closed and my mouth clamped shut.

My mums room was just down the small hallway we have so I tried to call to her, but I couldn't. I was scared. My whole body was paralysed!

I struggled to open my eyes or move anything for that matter.

I used all my will power and finally snapped my eyes open and moved my hand.

I saw a white flash at the corner of my eye and the sound of someone running quickly on the floorboards out of my room and towards the front door.

I was shaking but could finally move my body again. I stayed under the blankets and refused to go back to sleep in case this was to happen again. The whole experience took about 10 minutes.

I don't know why this was but this was not my first paranormal experience with ghosts...

Other times I heard a whispering voice from the end of my bed which was about 5 months ago and just after my twelfth birthday I saw a ghost which was an old man in a robe who seemed to be yelling at me but nothing was coming from his mouth.

I know that all this is not my imagination and I'm not dreaming up any of these stories.

I have had other encounters with ghosts and I seemed to get a feeling that they are constantly around me. For now I'm not completely bothered by their presence but if I was to be paralysed again maybe it would be a good idea to purchase sage and clean out the spirits from my house.

Any thoughts?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iCleopatrah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
NEBULA, I also had this encounters where a cat would jump onto my bed when I go to sleep and turn off the lights. When I was little I also saw this cat walking in the house, and then dissapears again. It is a black cat. I still see him when someone I know is going to die. I am so glad I am not the only one with this problem 😊
ICLEOPATRA, I do believe your experience could have been more than sleep paralasys. Strange things happens.
Nebula (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
sorry ignore the part where I said "it was confirmed by your husband", I accidently pasted that part from a previous answer I was going to respond to
Nebula (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
when I was younger I had this cat that would always jump on the end of my bed everynight when I was tryinng to sleep. There were times when the cat would b some other place in the house and my would be shut and I would get that same feeling of the bed moving as if a cat jumped on it. My point is, is that the feeling of something/someone getting into the bed is quite common and I don't believe your story is due to sleep paralysis. And besides, a lot of it was confirmed by your husband.
metanormalcom (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-27)
11 steps to get a ghost/spirit out of your house

Http://www.wikihow.com/Get-a-Ghost-out-of-Your-House.
Akumu9989 (2 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-27)
It sounds like you had sleep paralysis. During which, you can have hallucinations and hear things. I experienced the same when I was smaller, but with different hallucinations. It is best not to try and struggle to open your eyes because then you'll hallucinate, which is very frightening.
Mysterylady (12 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-27)
I've read some of the comments, to the negative comment until someone you know or yourself experience this don't go saying they have a mental issue. These things happen to all ages at sometime in their life whether they mention it or admit that it happen to them some don't just because of the same negative remark. I was 17 when I first married & just within 3 days after my husband left for out of town I work up with the feeling of being stare at & the room felt like it was drained of oxygen. I turned towards the other side of the bed & there standing was what I thought was my husband because it appeared to be. I called out his name no response and he appeared to be blinking like flashbulb going off & on. I got out of bed walked over to where he was standing & as I got closer he turned towards me & disappeared right in front of me. Staring the you know what out of me I turned on the light no husband. I search every room even outside no jeep which he drove. I sat up the rest of the night with every light on until morning. When he did come home 3 days later I told him he didn't believe me. I began experiencing things like objects moved or missing, my crosses being taking off my bed post, picture of mother of jesus missing. A figure of a man standing in the door ways at different time of night & day. Finally while my husband and my brother was home I felt safe to go to bed leaving the bedroom door open I could see the lights from the tv fricking off and on. I dosed off to sleep when I felt what I thought was my husband coming to bed. I felt him get into bed the sheets moved around me I felt what I thought was his hands stroking my thighs and breast then I felt a weight on top of me that wasn't him a dark figure on me when I opened my eyes I felt like he was taking all of my energy. I screamed both my husband & brother came running into the bedroom turning on the light he could see a flash of light disappearing and I had right marks on me where I felt touched. I was so frighten I had him stay in the bathroom while I showered. I felt raped. He never dismiss me again because he admitted to me that he saw what appeared to be me in the our home when he knew I was gone. We saw the priest who married us he blesses the home but after a few months it was back. Things like that stays with you a long time. Please comment if you like to.
anniedee (1 stories) (2 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2011-12-25)
No one has any right to laugh at someone's terrifying experience, or anyone's response and play doctor. Especially not on this site. Not only is it insensitive, it's quite rude. 😕
Cristine (41 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2011-12-25)
I had to laugh when I read the other peoples responses! Ahh... My goodness. 😆
This is not a ghost. This is an overactive imagination stuck in over-drive. Tons of young (young) people have wild and scary sleep patterns, such as for instance Night Terrors that bring the person to the height of experiancing a nightmare while they are subconsciously awake. Night Terrors can happen once or several times over the course of a person's life, but they are more rampant in children between certain ages.

This isn't anything but a boogeyman living in your mind. The mind is a powerful entity within itself that if it becomes sick... Mental illness will always follow with exactly what you have described. If teh night terrors persist have you mum take you to see a doctor.
GhostlyRose12 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-22)
This is like one of my experiences, I was at my friend Kaitlyn's house with a couple of my friends (Mikayla and Demi) and we were having a sleepover, and I woke up to about 3:00 am. And I couldn't move at all! I tried to scream but I couldn't, and I heard like harsh, threatening whispers at me and then someone singing. After I struggled free I looked over at my friends and they were deep asleep! I tried to wake them up but their heavy sleepers! And in the morning I asked them if they did it (and they NEVER LIE!) and they said no...
Anyways thanks for sharing,
Maddie (:
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-22)
I'm not usually the first to jump on the sleep paralysis bandwagon, but I have to say in this case it does sound like the most likely explanation for much of what you describe. You're old enough to start taking an active role in your health care, so I would speak to your doctor about it and maybe he or she will refer you to a sleep clinic. That said, there may also be a paranormal element. That can't be discounted altogether. Stay calm, investigate further and seek medical and spiritual help if you need it.
sylunedarkchylde (6 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-22)
Yup, it is a classic case of sleep paralysis. I have experienced this more than I would actually like, and sometimes, the brain is still in a sleep state that when you open your eyes, things don't look like what they are (there were a couple of instances when the fan had a sneering face on it, my choir toga on a hanger looked like it glided from where it was to the door). I don't think it's paranormal.:) Just relax.
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-22)
this sounds like sleep paralysis. It is the brain waking up before the body. It has happened to me. It is similar to psychic attack but not the same. It is not supernatural. If you feel uneasy saying psalm 91 and 71 before you sleep will protect you from supernatural beings
Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
This has happen to me, except I saw this man. He looks like hes from the mid 1930's to the 1940's era. And Italian. Its just feels like that. Like hes Italian. I don't know how... Its odd. I use to talk to spirits when I little... I seen him a lot since I gone to Louisiana.
He always follows me around, well use to. I have not seen him for about half a year or so. I use to have these dreams where I lived in a big mansion and we were cuddling and stuff. I don't think its an Incubus cause he hasn't done...anything.
~Eclispe2ooo~ 😊 😊 😊
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
This does sound almost text book scenario for it. If it ever changes or escalates, then it might be more, but for now, I'd guess that's what you've got.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
Sleep paralysis.

Http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1740

The feeling of something climbing on your bed, feeling your bed being pressed down by some kind of weight, then the weight of something holding you down, not being able to scream or move at all, feeling like you are awake and aware of your surroundings maybe even sometime seeing a figure at the foot of the bed or in the corner of the room, also sometimes hearing groaning noises or maybe an evil voice.

Sound Familiar?

Http://www.end-your-sleep-deprivation.com/paranormal-or-sleep-paralysis.html

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: