You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Something Paralysed My Brother Then Drifted Across The Room

Real Ghost Stories

Something Paralysed My Brother Then Drifted Across The Room

 

About a year or so ago I was up quite late as I usually am just watching television. I'm unsure of the time I just remember it being really late in the dead of night. I share a room with my younger brother in fact we have bunk beds. He sleeps on the top bunk with me directly below him.

My brother was asleep and had been for a few hours. All was quiet when suddenly I hear my brother make a strange moaning sort of sound. I just assumed he was dreaming or talking in his sleep but then it happened again and again until finally I shouted up to him to shut up when he replies almost instantly by saying help me! I said 'what are you talking about' just thinking he was still half asleep then he said 'something was here stopping me from moving and speaking I was trying to scream for help but I could only groan'.

Well that was it, we were wide awake then both pretty freaked out by this. Once we'd both calmed down he decided to just get up and go downstairs must have been too worried to go back to sleep. I soon forgot and lost my head in the television again when I caught something out the corner of my eye. A black figure which was moving from side to side just in one place at the bottom of the bed. It started to move slowly right across the room from the right to left and then just disappeared in to the shadows on the opposite side. This kept happening to my brother on and off for a few months afterwards and then stopped.

If anyone knows anything or has had anything similar happen then please let me know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Adam22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Adam22 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
Hi guys thank you all for your comments I appreciate you all taking time out to speak to me about this I have had a few strange occurances since this incident in my house nothing too heavy. In some cases I feel it is my eyes playing tricks on me when I think I see a reflection of someone stood behind me in the window but I try to think of It logically first before pursuing a spiritual reason, that's mainly the reason it took me so long to post this article.

The only other happenings I can think of apart from the reflections would be strange noises as if someone is walking outside my bedroom door, a creak here and there and just that odd sense that I'm not alone when I am. I suppose these things could be put down to my senses playing tricks on me and the fact I watch too many horrors or read too many stories but either way I feel the need to talk about them.

Anyway I've rambled on for long enough thank you again for all your comments I really do appreciate it.

Adam
cutiepiecharlie (17 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-03-02)
that happens to me and don't worry if you have a relative that recently died it's proberly them but with me it's not that it's a mentaly ill eslym escape from the olden days
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-01)
Hi Adam22, when I was reading, I also felt that it could be sleep paralysis. But your seeing the shadow moving from one side to the other gives the same thought what Mortal got. Ask and slowly draw him to talk regarding this experience as Mortal suggested. Perhaps that could throw more light on this aspect. If he feels comfortable and smooth in his narration and you could sense the normal aspects in him, then I think there should not be any problem.

I feel that he should be normal because otherwise you would have noticed it by this time and perhaps would have mentioned it in your narrative.

But still it is better to cleanse the house using "Rookdygin's method", which is available in many places in this site.

Please post any further encounters in this regard.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Skeptic_not_Sceptic (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-28)
Sounds like a classic case of sleep paralysis, which is a very unsettling experience.
JennZ (72 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
It is possible your brother was suffering from Sleep Paralysis... I've had a few incidents where I couldn't move or speak, and in a few minutes I was fine. When he would feel this happen, was hey lying on his back? As for the shadow, are you positive it wasn't your eyes playing tricks on you? I'm definitely not doubting your story, just thinking logical before jumping start to the paranormal. Was that the only time you seen the shadow figure?
Mortal (15 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
I also apologise trying to link Asian beliefs to yours if you find it unapplicable and it nonsensical.
Mortal (15 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Adam,
If what you described as 'spirit moving side-to-side in the form of shadow' bear a resemblance to walking zombie? Is other noise such as metal chain dragging on the floor observed?
If both is observed, then it is a trapped spirit trying to find freedom. The reason why the spirit is moving in such a manner is because it believes that the legs are bounded. The only time a person dies bounded by chains is during a death sentence or P.O.W or hell. Chinese also believes that in hell, spirits are chained from escaping and only allowed to roam during 7th month of Lunar Calendar (around August).
By finding a host, the 'entity' believes that it has gained freedom. It could be trying to sit on your brother while trying to enter his body.
I have heard/seen it at a deserted island where a lot of Chinese was massacre during WW II on the beach by the Japanese. A close friend of mine who is a police has also encounter it when patrolling a deserted prison on a adhoc basis to check for squatters.

I am more concerned why it approached your younger brother instead of you.
Ask him out for a walk and a casual talk. Find a bright but quiet place, do not do it in the house. Whether he is facing some difficulty in his life? Make sure you are creating the impression of getting to know him better rather than him needing your help. Since you mentioned some time has passed, it should be a good time to pop the question without suspicion. If he can convince you that he is happy with life and everything is going smoothly, the same 'entity' will be unlikely to revisit.
If he does behave differently in the house, then probably need some home cleansing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: