You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Spirits In My House

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits In My House

 

I'm 16, I've lived in my house for 11 years. It was built on a battlefield. Strange things have always happened in it, but lately they've because more aggressive and frequent. I'm looking for help and advice, or really just to know that I'm not alone. I've had everything in my house from the stereotypical 'lights turning on' to a full bodied shadow figure I've seen on multiple occasions. My parents collect and deal antiques so I feel this may have something to do with it.

This is my first post, so I'm going to try to catch you guys up on what's been going on. Small things had always gone amiss, you would set something on the coffee table in the living room, get up to get something out of the kitchen be gone 15 seconds and you could come back and whatever you set down on the coffee table would be in a different room. We've had lights turn on, doors close and open. A few years ago, I was up watching TV, very early in the morning around 2 am. A black hand waved over my face, it was fairly translucent, but the 'texture' of it looked similar to the way gasoline fumes make air look, sort of smokey and a dark, dark, gray. It waved over my face several more times before it pulled away. I was paralyzed in fear and it took a few seconds for me to move, but when I sat up it was just fast enough to see the back half of it walk into another room.

The second time I saw him came about 6 months after that. A friend was sleeping over and we heard something come down the stairs and go into the kitchen. We assumed it was dad and we went into the kitchen to talk to him. We took several steps through the office and froze. A full bodied shadow figure stood about 12ft away from us, in plain view. It turned when we froze, and while I couldn't see eyes, it was just a black figure, I could feel it staring through me. It felt searing. It did this for a few seconds before it turned and it walked out of sight, the sound of heavy, military boots plodding with him.

I've seen him several other times, usually just fleeting glimpses and small things will happen in between, like he's letting us know he is still here. Around July of 2010, I was laying in my bed with the lights off. A soft blue began to glow in the light attached to the ceiling fan. It didn't seem to be aggressive or confrontational. It looked peaceful, sort of like several fireflies were trapped in the light, but blue. The light 'grew' and it started to look like lightening was trapped in it, it bounced back and forth rapidly before it shot off into the wall.

Most recently, January 2, 2012, I was leaving my room and I heard my mom say something. I paused and waited for her to say it again since I didn't hear it the first time. We have an old, mid- to late 1800's, hand carved, mahogany table from Germany with bears carved for the legs, it's absolutely beautiful. I was standing no more than a foot away from it and it began to shake, violently. I could feel a heavy, oppressive feeling come over me. My mom asked what I was doing and ran into the hallway and saw the table shaking as well. It shook for around 10 seconds and stopped and the heavy feeling vanished.

I believe we have at least 2 spirits in my house, one is benign who may of came through being attached to an object my parents bought. While the other, who I believe is a solider, is very confrontational and aggressive, which scares me because he is clearly not shy. I'm scared of what's been going on and I know this is long but if you could give me any advice I would appreciate it.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Contradictory, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

kelseynov (1 stories) (2 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
If your really afraid, I would try moving away and see if it follows you. If not, then it has some connection to the house and you now know this. I highly suggest, if you have been suggested, do NOT use a ouija board! This will just welcome the spirits and they think you would like them to stay. I agree with "shiskikun" and maybe contact a specialist? Or you could try and get rid of some the antiques that make you feel uncomfortable or you feel have a connection to these spirits.
Clarence (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
That was supposed to read "watching t.v. For too long" Stupid iPhone autocorrect thinks it's SO smart.
Clarence (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
I really like Nysa's theories. I had a similar one for the hand-waving experience. It seemed almost like the act of a concerned parent worried about their child straining their eyes by watching t.vorror too long. Like he was trying to snap you out of it.

And, boy, did he...
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
It sounds more curious & watchful than aggressive to me. Almost like it is unsure if you can see it or unsure if you are really there. I can imagine a soldier who still sees the world as it was, believes he is on watch but occasionally sees those of you who are currently there. If he spotted you & your friend suddenly come into his area his first thought might be to wonder if you are the enemy, putting his guard up, which would feel intimidating. But he walked away as someone would who after staring intently decided they must have been seeing things. The waving hand too sounds like someone wondering about you. Again imagine if he could see you but saw the surroundings as he knew them. He may think he sees someone out of place (almost ghost-like) just sitting there like they were watching something he couldn't see. Curious he waves his hand in front of your face & is spooked to see you react to it. Lastly, if it were a battleground I can imagine some residual marching making the table shake. Just some things to think about, maybe an alternative way to see things.
shiskikun (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
if your house use to be a battle field then that spirit is thinking that he is battling your house now if you put up a white flag or call a priest that might save your house. Because it sounds like the soldier just wants to win this war againts your house
😕
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
Hi Contra
If I were you, first of all I would try to get rid of the soldier. You say you live on a old battlefield, and to me it seems like it's spirit never went to rest.
If he thinks he is still fighting a battle, he will be kind of aggressive... 😐 First of all try Rookdygin's cleansing method, perhaps this will scare the other spirits away too. If that does not work, then you will have to ask someone who is a pro to do it for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: