You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hush

Real Ghost Stories

Hush

 

I'm sure we've all realized in our lifetime that when you're alone EVERYTHING seems more scary, and things that normally wouldn't happen, happen. Now this is not a story to read in the dark to scare the pants off you, or to make you unable to sleep tonight. That is NOT the reason I am posting, but if that happens then I am sorry, but maybe that's why you're reading. The main reason, is so their story gets told, because I think that's what they want. Call me crazy... Maybe I am.

This story takes place a little over... Well, it started like 4 or 5 years ago I suppose, and hasn't stopped since. Lets start with saying my first love had moved, but was on a trip back to Wyoming to see me when he was killed in a car accident in Pheonix, Arizona. We had gotten into a fight the night before, and I told him not to bother coming anymore. But, being as hard headed as he was, he came anyway. I don't understand, because he always wore a seatbelt, but for whatever reason, he didn't have it on that morning. He was 17 at the time. I got a phone call the next morning from his mother, and I was devastated.

For those of you who know the pain of a loved one lost, I'm sorry. For those of you that don't know, I pray you never have to find out. About 3 months after the incident, I'd start waking up gasping for breath. If you've ever had that feeling where you wake up suddenly, usually at 3:00am (for me at least), and you have that terrible feeling in your body like something just awful is near you? You're terrified to move or even hardly breathe! Eyes finally open, adjusting to the dark, I'd see nothing. I was so scared I just wanted to cry, and once I think I did start crying. Then the feeling would automatically shrink, and I'd notice a figure in the corner of my room. I thought if anyone was in my house it'd be best to warn everyone by a scream rather than sit there silently. I quickley turned my bedside lamp on, and turned back to where the figure had been to find nobody there.

I thought I had lost my marbles. This went on for the next 2 years, but eventually, somewhere along in those 2 years I got used to this. The figure would never harm me, and seemed to make the bad feeling in my room go away so I figured it was my sweetheart of a guardian angel just watching over me. At least, that's what I liked to believe to keep what was left of my sanity.

Well just shortly after my 16th birthday, things changed. A couple of friends and I had decided to go on an adventure out to the Chinese Tunnels. (Chinese Tunnels are an urban legend of haunted railroad tracks right outside of Evanston, Wyoming. Long story short, the Chinese workers were used to build the tunnels, and when they died they were buried in the walls, for lack of filling to use. If you go there at night you can hear crying, whispers, and occasionally see shadows walking. Creepy, right?) we had gone there TONS of times, and we'd tell scary stories before we'd go in to get an even better scare. Of course we'd see things and hear voices, but nothing real bad ever happened, until my friends brought in a video camera.

Taunting whatever was in there, "Show yourself!" and "I don't believe in ghosts!" And finally, "Come get me!" and taking pictures of the walls, and down the way, shadows lighting up with every flash of the camera, While I am looking like a goober yelling "They don't mean it! They're just trying to scare themselves! Please don't take it the wrong way!" When suddenly at the other end of the tunnel I see something running. To US.

The idiots turn and start recording, when I take off running out to the truck. Not even 30 seconds later, they come running to the truck as well, then we tore off out of there. We get back to my house and look through the pictures, finding nothing but a bunch of dust floating around. No floating spirits, no red eyes, no sharp teeth. But then we watched the video.

You can hear the occasional curse of one of my friends as they realize what we were looking at, and then too much shaking to even realize what's going on. But we paused the image at just the right time to see a dark, humanly disfigured shadow in the distance, which was what had chased us. Along with even stopping to film the horror we just witnessed, the idiots also deleted our proof. And for whatever reason, whatever had chased us in the tunnels, even after I apologized, followed ME home.

That night while going to bed a frame fell off my wall. I jumped up, and on my way to get the frame, my bed started shaking. I screamed, and heard a groan, and then all movement stopped. Tears in my eyes, I looked around the room to find nothing out of the ordinary other than a broken frame. My mom came into the room alarmed, and I told her the ghosts were redecorating. At last when I got the guts to turn off the light and lay down, I heard footsteps down the hallway. Now, my house is carpeted, so in order for me to hear footsteps they'd have to be all but stomping! Whatever was coming, was NOT happy.

I cringed when whatever it was should have showed up in my doorway, but it never did. The footsteps stopped and I felt like it was staring at me, and the fear in my body was so great that it HURT. The awful feeling rose and I couldn't move. And then the footsteps turned around and left. With every step it got quieter, and the evil dissappeared. And to this day, I swear I saw my guardian angel appear in the corner of my room, like he always does. But that time, he whispered something. Very quietly, very calmly, and very sweetly, "Hush."

Now, this is one of the MANY paranormal experiences I've encountered. But this is the only one that ever brought me to tears to re-tell. The thing is, with every story you'll hear someone tell, there's always one spirit whose actions are extreme. They want to be known. And I feel like it's our job to make them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SarahBell, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TheWiggler (1 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-06-16)
Oh yes! Definitely some weird things happen after you leave that place. Went in 2015 and pretty much had the same experiences in my little apartment. Grew up in Green River and had some friends from hs check it out. Heard some pretty crazy stories and took evp and maybe a camcorder if I remember right. But the things they experienced was way worse just because they did some stupid ritual. They destroyed the evidence after it got worse at home for them.
sord0111 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
Wow that's something, I hope that angel keeps a good eye on you if you expirience more of these paranormal activitys like the spirit that followed you home.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
SarahBell,
It followed all of you to your house, it just stuck around after the others left. You may encountered the one gaurding the dead chinese workers. I don't have a clue why that thought even occurred to me just now, but it did and I'm passing it on to you. But your gaurdian did not seem to think it needed confronting, so I'm guessing it may have been out of respect that he was staying back and told you to hush. And all that circles back to the reason for it visiting you and not the others. Maybe it was offering you respect as well?

Jav 😊
SarahBell (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-22)
Snowhite, I agree 100% it is not fair for them, that was a terrible way to die, and you're right I shouldnt have visited the tunnels at all. But even so, I was the one telling the others to stop taunting the spirits and apologizing. They were the ones being mean and calling to them and recording them, but that doesn't explain why they would follow me home
Sir-Boy (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
teneki - maybe it followed her home because it saw that she was only one showing signs of compassion and empathy... Maybe that is what this spirit was looking for
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
Snowwhite, from this account, we know that she DIDN'T taunt the dead. In fact, she was apologizing to them. If it had been the taunts, I would assume it would actually have followed one of the others home.
snowhite (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
I don't think it is right and necessary to revisit the place. Leave the dead in peace. What do you expect after harassing the dead? How do you feel if you worked in another country and died of sickness and poverty? On top of that, their bodies were used as fillings? You all care about how you feel, have you people ever cared about those people who didn't even have a proper burial? They were treated worse than a dog and a cat. If I were them, I may chase all of you as well.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
Very intense story. I pray that your guardian keeps a good watch over you and that whatever presence followed you home has by now dissipated.
I really feel for you and know that it's a terrible thing to lose someone, especially at such a young age. A classmate of mine was 17 when he died in a motorcycle accident and, while I did not know him well, it was traumatic to see his body during the wake. I felt for his parents, who seemed disillusioned. But to have someone close to you pass, I can't imagine.
I hope that things get better for you soon. You're in my prayers.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: