You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Old House

Real Ghost Stories

Old House

 

I'm new to this site but I have decided to write my first story so here it is:

When I was 17 I traveled from Canada to see some of my family over in Ireland. I went to stay in an old house built back in the 1800s where my mother, sister and brother were living. Since I was on vacation my mother gave me my brothers room located at the back of the house. One night I was reading my bible in bed with only a small light turned on so I could still read when I began to feel like something was watching me... As I looked to the bottom of my bed I saw a little girl with long black hair in an old fashioned white dress just looking down at my feet at first I couldn't move or talk but after about 10-15 seconds I reached quickly for the main light of the room as I did I had to turn around to reach the switch when I looked back she was gone.

The next day when I went down for breakfast I told my sister that I had seen something weird last night, she said what the little girl? I was shocked that she knew about her she then began to tell me that one day she had been in the same room I was in and had also seen the same little girl!

My sister also informed me that my aunt had stayed in the house and used that same room as my cousin's room when she was a baby. And that one night my aunt heard a noise coming from the room so she went to check on my cousin. When she opened the door she saw the little girl in the white dress leaning over the crib of my cousin. My aunt then turned on the light and the little girl disappeared.

Up to that point in my life I had never had any experiences with the paranormal world but with my sister and my aunt having seen the same little girl in the same room as I had it certainly seemed like I had seen my first ghost!

A couple of other events happened in the house on the same vacation but I will save thoese for a different time. Hope you enjoyed reading!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Freshprince, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Freshprince (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
To anneke8, the only info I can give is that I did get my mother to ask the person who was renting the house to her if he knew anything about the ghost because it was his family that built the house and have owned it since... He said that he had never seen a ghost however he did say that his great great great great (not sure of the exact amount lol) grandmother had a sister who died in the house at the age of 5 or 6:-s so that pretty much confirmed what I saw.

To Mysterpoo,
I felt normal just kind of in shock if anything it felt like 10 minute that she was there... But in reailty in was more like 10 seconds... No real reaction from her... Her face was a bit hidden by her dark hair... I can just remember her looking down at my feet she wasn't smiling but was frowning either just a blank look. Well when I say she was little I meant like 4 years old to around 6 years old
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-06)
IS is possible for you to give us more history info about the house? I love old places.
mysterPOO (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-05)
Wow,it really freaks me out the part when the little girl was under the bed and you looked at her... What do you feel when you saw the little girl? Was she showing any reacton? Did you see any feelings on her face lke sadness or hapiness?. Could you describe about her little? I'm very interested in your story. Looking forward for your next posts... 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: