You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: My Captain

Real Ghost Stories

My Captain

 

I met "Captain" a little over a year ago. He's rather quiet, had a very hard life and was killed during the Civil War. Sometimes he still chooses to appear in his uniform.

He decided to stay with me and tries to warn me in his own way if something is about to happen. He tries his best to prepare me if something difficult is about to go on.

It's uncanny and it took some getting used to. I've never had a family member, let alone a spirit, able look out for me in the same way he does.

He knows a lot about supernatural beings, creatures, and goings-on and tries to explain and get across to me what I see and how to deal with it. I can't always hear it clearly, but I'm still relatively new at doing this at will.

Before now, I didn't know I was doing it. It was something my subconscious was doing that I obviously didn't understand fully. That part of my brain was apparently on auto-pilot. Now... I have to learn to control it.

Ever since I've found out all this is real, I've been wondering why I seem to attract so many spirits and other weird things. Well, Captain told me I look like a "flaming ball of light." I guess that translates to "I'm a lighthouse beacon to the spirit world."

Great.

Like I said, I need to learn to control it.

Since I've met Captain though, the tormenting beings have backed off a lot. Apparently when they try to get to me, he sends them packing.

One in particular that stalked me right up until I moved out of my parents' house the first time, is now not a threat. It's cornered somewhere. Because now that I'm back in their house, I haven't felt it nearly as much. When I do, it doesn't last long. Either Captain or one of the many other spirits that stay here on and off help chase it back to it's hole.

I seem to have accumulated a "spirit family" of sorts and it's very comforting.

If anyone has any words of advice on how to tame my new found weirdness, I'd like to hear them. I'm not interested in getting rid of this gift or turning it off.

Other hauntings by wolfeyes7777

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wolfeyes7777, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MaryL (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-24)
Sent an e mail. Having a good weekend? Getting any good answers? Tonite while I was making dinner, I was happy to hear from the general, his 2 adult kids, and a fellow general who said "oh that looks good, a beer would hit the spot". As the generals grown son said the same thing, I told them to go help themselves. I also heard from one of his past commanders wife, who asked if I needed any help. I could very faintly see the generals adult daughter and the past commanders wife, standing in my kitchen. They all just seem real. The general that "stopped by" is so nice, very funny. Cool.
wolfeyes7777 (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-24)
MaryL

Captain is around. But at times he's very stubborn about answering questions. Even if I'm the only one who's asking him.
It's like pulling teeth. Today was one of those times.

Email is up on my profile link.
MaryL (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-24)
It is fascinating when they will tell you something, and then find out in a book, article, Wikipedia, etc that had really happened. Sure, please post you e mail. Captain around today? I have more questions.
wolfeyes7777 (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-24)
MaryL

You're not bugging me. I think it's fascinating actually.

I'm still trying to figure out facts on his existence. He seems more willing to share things before the war and not during.

Those things, I've been able to confirm to a point. I've even been to visit a few locations he's shown me. And even found some very obscure information online about one thing he showed me when we first met. Things I'd had no prior knowledge of or read about anywhere up until I started searching.

If you'd like, I can list my email is on my profile. Maybe we can continue the conversation further if you're game.
MaryL (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-24)
Hope this will work. Now as I couldn't post yesterday. Anyway, mine was in the west, maybe Captain and General crossed paths at some point. I hear you about posting a real name, as the General is still known in his home state. I have seen both times of war at the Generals side, was very gory, horrific, and frightening, but he had said, it's American history. Have also been at the fun, content, happy, loving family times with the general as his wife. I am used to this now, freaky before, now would be freaky if he wasn't around. Wolfeyes, hope Captain is around Over the weekend. I hopeI'm not bugging you to much with my questions, don't know anyone before who also has a civil war soldier or officer hanging out with them.
wolfeyes7777 (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
MaryL

As far as I can tell, East. He's shown me a lot of flashes (both military and non -- mostly non) with his horse. Whether that means he was in the Cavalry or not, I don't know for sure.

I know the name that he goes under now, but he seems shy about me sharing it at this point.

I get the impression he may have travelled around quite a bit before his military days. So maybe he had several names he used.
MaryL (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
Yesterday I happened to come upon your story, as my General asked me to type in civil war. He than asked permission to read your story. Has Captain ever mentioned what Army he was in, East or West, infantry, brigade Calvary? Bre funny if Captain and my General were in the same Army and fought together. Do you know Captains real name?
wolfeyes7777 (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
MaryL

From what I've managed to find out so far, he was bi-racial. He seems to have held more to one side of the family as far as traditions and beliefs. Which makes sense historically on what I have been able to dig up.

He rarely mentions anything to me about the gory details of what he went through. He just says he's done things that he's not proud of and doesn't want me to have to know about them unless I absolutely have to.

He likes some modern things. When he gets interested in how something works or what something is, all sorts of questions come to me. He's a rather fierce man, but sometimes his curiosity is almost child-like. When I first met him, he rarely smiled or laughed. Now he seems somewhat more relaxed. A little.

As far as us being related, there is a very remote possibility.
MaryL (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
Wolfeyes, do you think Captain was maybe bi racial if his ethnicity was questionable for back than, and wondering why Captain doesn't want you to be mad at or upset with him? Maybe you are related? My General lived through the war, he can be quite chatty when he wants to, can be quite serious or light hearted and make me laugh. He and some his fellow generals, family, friends like some of the 21st century. He has said that telegraphs are so old as communication of today, he likes Mercedes and corvettes to buggies, hockey and football, cell phones, cameras, I pads, large screen tv. I teach him of the present, he teaches me of the past. It is really comforting having him around, He just wants me to be happy, pass on what I have learned from him, and he does not want people to forget our veterans who have fought and died in battle, the military of the past and present.
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
Hey wolf my Captain as I also call my Guardian Angel, also keep a lot of the past details under a tight lid, not because He doesn't want me to know Him, but because He wants me to know who He is right now, not who He was, but what man He has become... Also we don't dwell too much in the past since He is here to guide me into the future, with new experiences and lessons learned NOW together.
😁
wolfeyes7777 (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
MaryL,

Captain was Union. I'm not what his actual rank was. I only call him that because it seems to fit him. Supposedly he was killed nearby, but I haven't been able to confirm that as of yet.
His history is a little shady. I've heard snippets from him and others, when I can hear them; things like he may have changed his name going into the military, his ethnicity had something to do with him hiding who he really was, something about a previous, possibly questionable "job" that he had before he became a soldier; so it's hard for me to track down anything solid. Like I said, he's very quiet most times.

He's told me before that he doesn't want me to think badly of him. I think that's mostly why I can't get details. He sometimes blocks me when I try to feel my way through to see what happened.

Sometimes others from his "family" will show up. Sounds like sort of the same thing as your "Generals for back up".
It's a very comforting thing to feel them all around.
I actually miss them when they're not here, or I can't feel them.
MaryL (6 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
Wow, your story is almost identical to mine. I have a civil war union general that has been hanging out with me for almost 17 months. He is here to protect, as he said I was his wife, serve and to teach. I hadn't given the civil war much thought in years and years, until he started coming around. I can see him, hear him, feel his presence, I am happily married, so he completely understands the difference of me now. I feel safe knowing he is there if I say his name, while my husband is at work. He also has a system that he devised call "Generals for back up". Just in case, first consists of this man and 3 others that would surround me with their protection, now their are 8, as this General said "the more the merrier" Wolfeyes, do you know if the Captain is Union or Confederate? Military history, where, when? Fortunately for me, the General was a significant figure in the war, as well as that tme frame, so he wasn't hard to research. I am on my 5th notebook regarding what he and others have said, it has been a great learning experience, now I haven a keen interest in the civil war, thanks to him, cool learning from someone who was actually there. I don't want him to leave either. This h been and continues to be a very positive, enlightening, learning experience for me. Fortunately he and the people he has introduced me to have a good sense of humor, smart, funny, nice people. They seem so real. I used to think it was super freaky, now I'm glad the General and his friends are there.
wolfeyes7777 (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
Vidya,

Thanks for your post.

In his case, it was literally the Civil War. From what I can gather, he was an NCO. Which I knew nothing of until I saw small details on his uniform and started looking up things on the War.

From what I've been told, after he passed from this life, he was given a choice of whether to stay or "sleep". He accepted the "assignment" and almost 150 years later, I showed up. I don't know the purpose of such a long span of time between us.
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
That connection would be a KARMIC CONNECTION, that all Guides or Guardian Angels have with their respective charges.
wolfeyes7777 (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
Snowhite,

He stays here with me because we have a strange sort of connection. He's sort of..."assigned" to me, if you will.

He still seems to be learning some things about the modern world. For example the first time he went with me in my car, I got all sorts of pictures in my head and "questions". He's normally pretty quiet, but when something new comes up, I get very questioning looks from him.
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
Hey snowhite Captain sounds like a well meaning spirit guide, some spirit guides already faced the light, and can go back and forth from this earthly realm and the the higher spirit realms.

Earthbound spirits are a lot more depressing and ignorant, they are usually stuck in their own sadness and can't see past themselves to someone else, because they got all swept up in the "EGO" incapable to do something good for another or to help another, because they cannot nor wish to help themselves first to see out of "lighter" eyes... Usually earthbound spirits have lost all faith in God because they have lost faith in themselves.

And it could also possibly be that some spirits wait on this Plane until they see someone that they can help as some sort of penance to SEE THE LIGHT when their jobs are done, when they have successfully guided the soul they must look over throughout life... So if the person dies, the spirit would then "ascend" with their charge. But to be any sort of Guide you must have knowledge of the Light, having been into the Light before coming back here on a mission as an Angel or Guide over another person, and then staying with them until the end. So it could be a PENANCE TO SEE THE LIGHT AGAIN, a job promising to see the LIGHT again, when leaving the Earth plane with their charge.

Spirits are also bound to certain individuals through karmic contract, as they would assist individuals in their spiritual growth with a great benefit - learning from the respective charge as well, as the charge is referred to as a shining beacon of Light, and where there is light, there is a chance for growth on both sides.

Hi wolfeyes, what an inspiring story!

Be careful the uniform might only be a symbol, and he could have previously died in another type of "war"... He could have thus been any soldier maybe of the Divine, who in a previous life died in the "civil war" or the "social war" going on, between people and the world and God... Civil being humanity's war between darkness and light, between the world and God, understanding the everyday battles of mankind especially of spiritual people against the world... That is just my take on it, but he could have been a soldier fighting for his country nevertheless in a past life, in fact any spirit could have been, but that is not essentially important, what is important is for you to know that you have a Guide or Guardian that knows what the FIGHT is all about, and he can teach you to succeed, teach you war skills to make it through life.

I like these quotes, the Thoughts of a Guardian Angel:

"Captain is a good travelling name and so I take it". ~ George Farquhar

"For sure I would be a very emotional captain. A very hands-on captain". ~ Payne Stewart
snowhite (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
What you wrote is very interesting. Can you please ask him if he wants to see the light and why he likes to stay here with you? Can you please ask him if he knows anything about the modern world? I can't wait for your answers.
wolfeyes7777 (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
snowhite,

We communicate by me sensing what he says. He's not a solid figure to me. I can't see spirits with my eyes, but in my head. If I can manage to get a handle on his appearance, I don't always see his lips move when he talks. When he wants my attention, he usually just stares at me until I pick up on him. Little unnerving at first, but effective.
snowhite (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
How did you and the captain communicate with each other? By words or you can sense what he says? Is he a solid figure?
wolfeyes7777 (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-22)
that's pretty cool texangirl94. I know what you mean by experiencing what someone else experiences. It's weird. It's happened to me several times with a couple different entities. Just little snippets of their lives. Like memories that weren't my own.
texangirl94 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-22)
The maid tucked me in bed once, I thought it was my mother but she said she never entered my room and my father was still asleep in bed.
texangirl94 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-22)
wow, id love to have someone like captain in my house, I have a black maid in mine, a old man, a child, and I got (I don't think a possesion) but I got put in a vision and experienced what the girl experienced in mine. Good luck with the scary one though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: