You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Jackal

Real Ghost Stories

Jackal

 

This is how it went. You know how as kids we would always make ghost stories we said were true but never really are? Well I did that, but I have a true one this time.

Now in my little town not much has gone on or really heard about that is supernatural or etc. So anyway, I woke up from a dream I've had a few times it always went about the same; a dog which gave off a black mist and red and yellow eyes would speak to me and tell me that everyone hates me except for him. He also told me to take off a necklace with a cross on it, but I don't have a cross necklace. So anyway at my last dream I actually took it it off that time and then he disappeared.

It must of been about 3 or 4 o'clock when a woke up. I just sat there thinking about life and the dream I had. As I started to sleep I heard a laughing almost like a jackal. Then he said something that sounded like some foreign language but one word I understood was bocaj which is my name backwards (jacob).

I had not had many other problems other than just last night when I swear I heard that same jackal laugh coming from a little crawl space I have. And I don't think it is my pipes as I've never heard them make noises before.

Sorry if the grammar is messed I am a little freaked out from this. Anyone have something similar?

I have another short story for you too, this one is from last year. And it does include the jackal thing. Again that crawl space was making noises, at first I was afraid we had rats but as I opened the first door to the crawl space (yes there are two doors) the noise got louder. I then forced myself to open the next door as my brain told me not to and suddenly it felt like something jumped through my body. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it greatly.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, riddles201, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

riddles201 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
sorry I haven't been on lately, but the only thing that happened so for is ALOT of miss-placed items. No dreams came back and I have been okay. I really try not to remember this stuff but all this shananigans happening reminded me of it.
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Means the one I seen on The movie call the 13th Ghosts with a Metal around the head I think what she means and it do laugh creepy though...

Riddles201: you might be there something in that house or the land.
Demonkiller (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
The Jackal you have described sounds like a hell hound. When it asked you to take off your cross necklace in your dream sounds like it wants you to not be protected
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Rook,

Not a problem! It has helped me more than other ways have before and I'm very thankful for that!

Blessed Be ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Mannerizms,

I'm flattered... Thank you so much for that 'glowing review' of the Method I suggest 😳, not to mention use for my own Home and Family. Because you've mentioned it I'll post it for the O/P even though they haven't asked... Or even replied yet.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

I hope the O/P comes back and gives us some feedback...

Respectfully,

Rook
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Do a cleansing and Self cleansing/protection on yourself. I particularly like to use Rook's steps, every time I move or feel something uneasy in my home I do it and it was worked every time.

Blessed be and Stay Safe ❤
GAC_Fan_2012 (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
You need to approach this situation with a lot of caution. It could be a really evil spirit, or the worse case scenario, a demon. And the jumping through you thing can mean possession. If it continues, I would definitely seek help from the church.
TechnoDawg (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
BTW for the people who do not know what a jackal sounds like, here is a video of it --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2BpdynocbA&feature=related
TechnoDawg (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
Are you a Christian? I was thinking maybe it was a demon or Satan taking form as a jackal in your dream, and it was trying to make you think that it is powerful and that it loves you... Guess what... Satan is the Father of Lies. When it said take off your cross necklace, it means abandon Christ or to take off your protection because if you are protected by Christ demons cannot possess you but if you are not then they can. (BTW you can be possessed and not know it, one of the main ways of knowing if your possessed is if your attitude becomes very negative or if you seem to be getting very angry) and that when you opened the crawl space and you felt it go through, that is when it possessed you... I hope this helps.
ratoncito (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
I've never heard of a coyote or jackal's barking being described as laughter. The only canine I've heard of that "laughs" is the hyena.

Just my two cents.
Emmapops (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
Thank you for your replies, I know how the stair gate works, it is definitely not a mechanical problem as you say, it's a very secure stair gate that cannot open unless lifted at the same time as a button being pressed. I have come to a paranormal conclusion because it has happened many times now, some when we've been asleep, and some whilst we are still awake and gone up to check on her. Rook, I will email you now. Thank you.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
This stargate must remain closed- one never knows what may come through. Ok, couldn't resist.
I'm sure the stairgate was opened by a person, or faulty, as Matt had just mentioned. Not sure why you would think this is a paranormal event?
As far as the story above-- I just don't see anything there to get concerned about.
Scbsd (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
Emmapops, perhaps the stairgate itself is faulty? Maybe replacing it might put a stop to this dangerous situation.

It might be a good idea to approach the problem from a mechanical angle before deciding that it's a paranormal thing.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
Miracles,

It's worked just fine the rest of the night... Just my first couple of posts didn't seem to go through correctly... And then... There they were... Who knows perhaps YGS has a resident 'Ghost in the Machine'. 😲

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
Rook - I see your question, and the reason for it, but I don't have a clue what happened. Unless granny knows something I don't, this one is going to have to be handled by Martin.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
Pardon the interruption...

Emmapops,

Can you contact me via the e-mail in my profile... I tried to e-mail you but got this as a response...

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 553 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) (state 14).

Thanks.

Respectfully,

Rook
Emmapops (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
hello, I'm really sorry to crash here, I can't post a stroy as the page is temporarily closed, I just need some advice. My daughters stair gate keeps opening by itself. She has fallen down the stairs once because of this and me and my partner have been blaming ourselves but we've come to realise it really isn't us. It's one of those gates that you have to lift and dqueeze a button at the same, and there's no way my daughter is either strong enough or skilled enough to do this. She's only 18 months. I was just wondering what I should do next? I don't believe there's any other explanation other than a paranormal one, were not sleep walking as this has happened whilst we've been awake too. Any help would be brilliant. My email address is emma.louisebrown [at] hotmmail.co.uk brilliant story too OP, I'm sorry again for crashing.
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
Rook: I agree, two different things here. I guess we will just have to wait for the OP to come back with answers. You and I may be heading towards the same end...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
adsouza,

I may have misunderstood the O/P... But I think the O/P was assigning a human voice to the 'Canine' in their dreams and that the Laugh was that of a Human coming from a 'Jackals' mouth.

Respectfully,

Rook
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
[at] Rook: I think the OP means the North American Coyote. These animals are nocturnal, and their 'bark' seems to sound like a hoarse laugh. Different from a hyena though.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
OK...OK...

Martin...or Mods... What is up with the comments... Part of mine was 'dropped' so I posted again... And when it's published I see the missing part of my original comment below my usual signature...

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
Whoops...there is a question missing... You said it wanted you to take off a cross necklace... But you don't wear one... But in your last dream you took it off? Do you or don't you wear a necklace? Or was this necklace only a part of the dream?

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
I have a few questions concerning this 'story'...

First: What does a laughing Jackal sound like... Or any 'Canine' for that matter.

Second: (Quoting you so there is no misunderstanding) "He also told me to take off a necklace with a cross on it, but I don't have a cross necklace. So anyway at my last dream I actually took it it off that time and then he disappeared."

I would suggest talking to someone about your dreams, it seems as if most of what you are experiencing is happening when you are asleep.

Start a Journal... This will help keep details in order and make it easier to determine if you are just having some very odd dreams or if there may be more to them.

If you wish I know a Cleansing/Shielding Method that I will give you if you ask... This could help you feel better and in the off chance there is 'something' really happening it will help keep negative energy and Spirits away.

Respectfully,

Rook

Do you mean to say you were wearing a necklace in your Dream?

Third: You understood one word and that it was your name said 'backwards'?
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
Which place is this? You said 'laughing like a jackal' and also mentioned 'black mist and yellow eyes'.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: