You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Gramps

Real Ghost Stories

Gramps

 

The first time I remember seeing a ghost I was 17. My grandfather had suddenly passed from a brain aneurism, he was only 57. I was devastated because he was the only family member that I felt really cared about me. I was living with a friend's family at the time when I got the news and they taught me about Christianity.

My friend had gone to the funeral with me and I remember crying constantly and feeling faint through the whole ordeal. After, my friend drove us home and we were almost in an accident on the highway on the way to the cemetery but she controlled the car and were safe.

About a week later I was still in an inconsolable state but going day to day. My friend and her twin sisters decided to go to the mall, which was a good 45 minute drive so I went along. On the way back the highway was pretty empty, barely any cars near or passing us. Suddenly an old faded blue Nova was right next to us. I didn't think much of it until it started driving even with us, then would slow when we slowed, sped up when we did. I looked over and saw the person driving was my grandfather! He was bald with a very crooked nose because it had been broken and never set. I freaked out and started to breathe funny, I said to my friend, "Oh my God, look over at this car!" She did and started to cry because she could not believe it but she kept driving steady. The twins were not sure what was happening but knew it was weird and you could feel a lot of fear in the car. Suddenly the car slowed and got to where I could see it in the side mirror. I forced myself to look and it was indeed my Gramps. I started to cry and could not understand what was happening.

After a few minutes we came upon the exit to Hwy 70 to the right of us, the blue Nova sped up a little in front and I could see the bumper right before it turned off onto the highway. There was a bumper sticker on the back it said "A little Heaven on Earth."

My friends and I went to the park and went over what had just happened. I had been so distraught over his death because I had never told him how much he meant to me and I could not remember when or if I had told him if I loved him. I decided this was him telling me that he was okay and that he knew. That was the day I knew that God was real and that spirits are real.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DaphneJuanita, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

madeleine98 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-31)
! What can I say? That is such a great story! Heaven on earth so sweet (sorry about your grandpa btw) ❤
CammiAlice (5 stories) (12 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
this is a very sweet story, I think its nice that your grandpa said 'a little heaven on earth' with the bumper sticker. Maybe the sticker was to prove that he is still with you and will watch over you! Thank you for sharing, I enjoyed reading it!

Cammi 😊 ❤
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-25)
Hi Daphne:

Love your story and this experience that you had. A couple of things really caught my attention. First of all, how you stated that you felt somewhat guilty because you weren't sure if your gramps knew how much you loved him. First off, by the way you speak of your grampa I am quite certain he knew how much that you loved him. I think most people feel similar when they lose a loved one... Did I tell them I loved them enough, etc. Love, although spoken, is more importantly felt. So if you felt this much love for your gramps, I'm sure he felt the same way towards you.

Secondly, how your gramps came back to bid you a final farewell. I believe that when we pass, we have the opportunity to come through or shine on to one person or group of people. Your grampa must have felt you very special to shine on to you. I had a similar experience with my uncle that I have shared on this site.

Good luck to you and know that your grampa is "watching over you and yours."

Zeta.
xnikkibobikkix (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
I love this story! I completely agree with the other posters on here - the story itself seems so unreal that initially seems fabricated, however with the sincerety and way it was written I also have no doubt that you experienced this and that it was indeed your grampa letting you know that he is okay.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
[at] DaphneJuanita, I'm not sure if you are unable to comment on your own story as some authors do elect not too... Your welcome to post on my thread "The Women in black" if you'd like, as I am interested in better understanding these types of accounts.

Regards Daz
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
DaphneJuanita,
I have a question, and it is only out of research for this type of visitation that I ask it. What kind of car did your grandfather drive? Did he ever drive a blue Nova like the one you saw him in that day? Thank you again for sharing your personal account. It has touched me deeply.

God bless,
Jav ❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-22)
And one other question, could you here the car engine or tyres making any sort of noise?

Regards Daz.
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-22)
*Sniffle* I love Your Story and He there to let you know he's alright. ❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-22)
DaphneJuanita, I thought I would come back and ask you a question, of which I hope I can compare with my own experience and see if I can determine if there was a bit more going on with both our accounts.Q, When you saw your granddad, did he look at you at any point? When the car sped up or slowed down or did he keep his head straight and appeared transfixed on what he could vision in front of him?
MickeyN (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-21)
This is a little off-topic, but this kind of reminds me of the Jeepers Creepers movie. You know, at the beginning when he scares the people with his creepy old car.

Anyways, I hope this helped you find some peace with your grandpa. Despite the serious nature, it kind of made me chuckle when you mentioned the bumper sticker. 😆

Best wishes,

-MickeyN
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-21)
Aussie,
I hear that. I have been rethinking a lot of the ideas that were once the most accepted of theories as recently as last year. It just seems to be falling into place here and there. But I know better than to wed myself to one idea, because just like those I am rethinking now, the new ones may prove to be something else as well.
It keeps us from becoming too stubborn in our thought process, and that has to be good.

Jav
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-21)
I have read a few of these stories Jav over the last couple of years and I know these accounts are real, I just can't put my head around them, they defy all rational thoughts and logic, I used to believe we move on in spirit only, I'm starting to believe otherwise now.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-21)
Aussie,
I thought about that exact same incident when I read this. There was another one about two months ago as well. Every time I read one of these that involves a vehicle that we know isn't supposed to be there, I think of you and your son. Gives me the chills to this day.

Jav ❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-21)
There would have been a time when my thoughts about a story like yours would have leant towards it being as impossible, a ghost crossing the realm is one one, but how is it possible they can cross over driving a vehicle of mass size and proportion? You can sense your sincerity in the way you presented your account and there's absolutely no way your making this up that's for sure and something I may have come up with at a previous time would have been along the lines of mistaken identity... Well not any more, a couple of years ago I'd shared something similar with my son and I'm still baffled in the logical science and spiritual science of how it all works... Their has to be a power above that can preform miracles and winding up my thoughts on your story it seems as though you were blessed by one yourself, thank you for sharing. ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
DaphneJuanita,
Thank you for sharing such a personal experience with us. I was in tears before I finished reading. It is a testament to your love for each other that your grandfather was able to cross all barriers in confirmation of the bond the two of you shared. Him speeding up before pulling off the highway was, in my humble opinion, an absolute validation that what you were seeing was heaven sent. The bumper sticker says it all. ❤

Jav 😊
kristy-lee1985 (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
its stories like this that make me believe that there is life after death. I'm glad you got to say goodbye to gramps, when my great grandmother died, I never got to go to her funeral and never got to say goodbye, something I can't forgive myself for.
Especially loved the part about the bumper sticker. ❤ ❤ ❤
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
I hope this encounter helped you come to terms with his loss.
badshah_sumeett (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
Ya, the bumper sticker was a good point in your story. Story was good and I hope you came back to real world from the memories of your grandpa. All the best for future.
LindaG (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
That is a beautiful story! I especially like the bumper sticker. That is great that this event forever forged a faith in God. I'm glad you got to say good-bye to your grandfather.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: