You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Pa Pah

Real Ghost Stories

Pa Pah

 

When I was 17, I traveled with my dad To Metter, GA during summer vacation to visit one of the family farms. About a year before my visit our Pa Pah passed away, leaving frequent proofs of his current existence.

For example, my 3 year old cousin pointed out the window one morning shouting "Pa Pa! Pa Pa!". Her mother responded "Daddy is at work.".

"No! Pa Pa! Look! Pa Pa!", she shouted again.

Her mother instantly knew who she was seeing and ran to the window to look over the pond outside (Pa Pah was buried on the other side of it) only to find mist.

I don't remember him very well for I was very young the last time I had seen him. But while there, I figured that I'd pay him a visit. I walked around the pond to his grave which was always decorated by flowers and his cross. I had just started talking to him when I suddenly felt a stinging sensation all over, making me scream. I sprinted to the other side of the lake to escape. The stinging had stopped.

That night I told my cousins (there were 5 of us all about the same age and all of us are girls, making everything easier to relate) what had happened earlier that day all of us were weirded out by it and didn't speak anymore of it that night.

I woke up abruptly the next morning feeling adventurous. No one else on the farm was awake. It was almost 6am and kind of dark. Walking down the steps, I was greeted by Fuji, one of the farm dogs. He was the only one not corralled, as the other dogs are aggressive toward livestock. The farm is surrounded by woods so I figured I'd explore some.

Walking for a few minutes in the woods I found myself baby talking Fuji, playing with him. He stopped suddenly in front of me facing away. It wasn't until the other dogs across the yard started barking frantically I noticed Fuji's hair standing up and he was barking as well.

Looking up and into the woods, I noticed a whitish clear figure a little ways away walking through the trees. I'd back up, walking backwards and Fuji would jump back with me. I ran to the house and the barking stopped. I wouldn't go into the woods alone again.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tuesdey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WishfulNull (151 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-09)
Hi Tuesdey, I echo the others in thinking that hopefully your Pa Pah wouldn't have stung you or caused physical harm... You were near the pond, that leads me to wonder if maybe it was chiggers or something like and insect that stung you? (chiggers are too small to see, but they are mites that bite, and they love moist/damp areas in particular...) I only had it happen once (I was hiking... It really did Hurt & sting, but then went away fairly fast, although maybe not instantaneous) try google search - chiggers Best wishes to you, this was an interesting story!
Tuesdey (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
Amie_16, I'm not sure. I don't like to think it was. Even though I'm adopted, I don't like to think that my "family" would try to hurt me. Especially the deceased. I didn't get a good look. It was a quick glance at a glowing white figure before I spun 'round and hauled it.

SmokenMirrors, Nothing else happened. We, kids, swam in the pond everyday. I don't understand what's wrong with me to be shunned like that. I hope it wasn't Pa Pah. No physical marks. Just hand prints where I smacked the stinging sites.
mysterious_sunset (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
very interesting story, it would sure be hard to comeback to those woods again. Best regards 😁
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
Hi Tuesday, Very interesting story.

I just want to ask a question to try and clear something up in my own mind. Did anything happen at the pond after you reported the stinging sensation? It seems strange that you would be stung to the point of been driven away by your Pa Pah.
Did the stinging leave any physical marks?
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
So Tuesday, do you think it was you pa pa? What did the figure look like?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: