You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Maggie?

Real Ghost Stories

Maggie?

 

This story is about my 2 1/2 year old son and an instance I had happen with "His Friend."

This instance happened a couple of years ago. I had just given birth to my daughter (she is 14 months now) in the old condo we just moved from. My son at the time was about 2 1/2 and he all of the sudden started acting scared of the corner in our living room (I was pregnant when this started occurring, so I thought maybe he was doing this for attention). I would ask him, "Honey, what's wrong?" He would say, "It's Maggie, Mommy. Maggie is over there." So of course this freaked me out a bit.

I did ask him questions and from the answers I got I figured she was a young lady (my guess would be around 22) with brown hair. She never seemed to really be seen (by my son) anywhere else other than the corner in the living room. Although toys would go off in my son's room all by themselves quite often.

We had just gotten home from the hospital and I was sitting in my room holding the baby when Noah looked up and said, "Mommy, Maggie's in your bathroom." I am not sure if the birth of the baby caused her to move about in my room or maybe she was just curious, but this was the first time that he had ever seen her anywhere other than the living room.

A couple of weeks later me and my husband had gotten in to a pretty bad argument and I was extremely upset and shaken and crying. I was alone in the house except for the baby sleeping in her crib. I decided to lay down. As I was laying there trying to calm down with my eyes closed. I felt a presence by the door. Now I don't really know how to explain how I knew it was Maggie but I just KNEW it was her. I got the sense that she was actually coming to check on me to make sure I was ok.

Now I never opened my eyes - and I know I sent out a vibe (because I was scared) that I didn't want her in my room and I felt the presence leave. Now I have never had this happen before but I could see her in my mind if that makes sense. I never opened my eyes but sort of got a mental picture of her.

I was wondering if that was possible? Or if anyone else has experienced something like this?

Other hauntings by justice6920

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, justice6920, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-18)
Hi, Justice. Thank you for sharing your experience. I understand what you mean about seeing a spirit in your mind.

An amateur's opinion: If you're sensitive enough to feel a presence, you're probably sensitive enough to tell whether or not it's friendly. So I think you can trust your own judgment about Maggie's intentions.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
Hello justice6920, that was a nice narration and experience. I still feel that even though your son got scared, it may be that he was quite young and was seeing something different. If your intuition when you were laying down was true, then definitely it must have come to check you if you are safe. I think it is quite nice on the entity's part.

Miracles, you gave me a sort of lessonon the aspect of sensing and feeling the presence. It is really good that you are able to experience their presence now-a-days even with your eyes open. A great gift indeed.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
justice6920 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Thanks Guys!

Val and Miracles - I totally understand what your talking about. Its that way exactly... I could see her clearly in my mind just as if she was there!

I don't think my son was afraid because she wanted to cause harm, I think he was just afraid of the unknown because after the first couple times he wasn't really bothered by her anymore. I never really got a bad vibe from her either. I do believe she was truly trying to help. I just kind of panicked a bit because that was my first time experiencing that. I have heard things, and seen things move, felt certain presences but never had an actual visit.

Wow Miracles that's amazing. I have always been a bit sensative and can normally pick up on spirits but I tend to kind of keep that closed off a bit due to fright! (also can pick up on the living ie: there feelings, pain, anxiety, I tend to try to cut that one off LOL I would walk around crying all the time!)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Narella - you're welcome 😊 Funny thing about it is it's always changing, which means I'm always learning and growing 😆 It's kind of like how I feel about the paranormal. Just when I think I've got it figured out 😉
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Miracles-I've always wondered what the experience was like for people with your abilities. Thank you for explaining.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
justice6920 - I completely understand what you are talking about. At least I think I do 😆 It's like you are "seeing" her, but not with your eyes. The image is inside your head, right? This is how I sometimes see spirits, if I don't see them with my eyes. But the certainty is the same as if they were standing right in front of you and as clear as day.

Speaking only for myself, I have found that as time has gone on, and my gift continues to grow and I continue to learn (think that's the way I want to say this 😕), I don't have to close my eyes anymore to concentrate on what they look like. I can now see them with my eyes open. I'm talking about the ghosts who aren't full-bodied apparitions here LOL. The ones who I can only sense are around and trying to communicate.

Now, if I haven't thoroughly confused you, or anyone else with my rambling, I want to say I enjoyed your story and you aren't the only one to experience what you have with Maggie. By the way, being afraid of something you can't see is a natural reaction, even knowing she wasn't going there to cause harm 😊
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
I can totally understand seeing her in your mind, only I wonder why your son picked up a negative vibe from Magie. You think she wanted to check on you, but maybe it wasn't for the good. Children seem to have such a clear sense of who a persoon really is.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
justice6920,
I do know/have been told that some psychics/mediums close their eyes in order to pick up on spirits better. It was explained to me as kin to 'closing curtains to block the glare'. I hope that helps some.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: