You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Weird Dairy Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Dairy Ghost

 

I am a riding instructor. I live on a farm that has been in my family for three generations. I have lived there all my life.

Originally bought by my grandfather after World War One (I think), the farm had Polish people working on it. They came here and lived in sheds and old air raid shelter-type things. They actually made a few of the farm buildings, not very well granted, but for what they had at the time. They loved it here as far as I can tell, as we had old pictures of their celebrations such as weddings and a few of some children in the snow. I don't know anything about before particularly.

Anyway, when I was little I used to hate going down the yard to feed the horses. There was always that awful feeling of someone staring at you, but then most children do think this and the sheds were old and draughty so it was no real surprise.

When I was 14 was the first time I remember starting to see anything unusual. I used to see shadows and just odd things happened, like an old knife would fall or brush (this only ever happened when it got dark). By that age I was quite a rational thinker and mostly just ignored it. It never seemed to disrupt any of the animals or anything so I assumed if there was anything there it must have been fairly harmless.

Well, the actual reason I'm posting this is because today I think I saw it. Only for a second, but I keep playing it over in my head and it's really not like me at all to make things up in my mind. I was just coming from the feed room to the dairy and there was this tall man staring at me. He had a long white apron kind of thing (which seemed appropriate as he was in an old dairy). He had one of those haircuts when they're bald on the top of the head but around the edge was hair, if that makes any since. As I said it was only for a second, but it was quite creepy. I have no idea who it is, he appeared in no pictures or anything like that. I asked my grandad and dad they had no idea just thought I was barking mad. After that I just quickly finished then went straight back to the house.

I feel that something has always been there. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing but it is quite interesting. If you have any ideas or just think I'm being crazy and making things up in my mind, post a comment. Thanks for reading.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Star5141, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sparkie (6 stories) (30 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
Could just be an old spirit lingering. But in a previous comment you said you sometimes get a vibe that the spirit doesn't want you there. Maybe something bad happened in the family and it resulted in something bad happening to this man. There might be bad history there that you aren't aware of. Maybe try looking into it with records or stories from your family.

Thanks for sharing,
-Sparkie
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-13)
Star5141
Just out of curiosity because you described him in such detail did he seem familiar to you? I ask because I am a huge believer that souls recognize each other. You say you feel like he doesn't seem to like you. It may be he recognises your soul. Change his opinion of you. Take extreme care of the animals and keep the stalls and equipment in top condition. Just an idea.
Regards
RedWolf
Alduin (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-12)
Maybe the man was one of the workers on your Grandad's Farm And he Could have had a accident that Killed Him On the Farm I don't think he would harm you in any way 😁
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-11)
Whoever he is, he probably contributed to the economic quality of the place. I'd leave him a thank you note for making the place prosperous and allowing me to reside there.:)
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-11)
Hi Star5141, welcome to YGS. But you never answered Pjod. How did it disappear, the way how it vanished. Secondly as Pjod said that you had a good look at him to describe in a vivid manner, but how he did he react to your viewing him, a kind of surprise, or anger or just saw through you as if you were not present.

I do not think it is residual. But if you want to be sure, then you should visit the place at the same time day after day. And if you see him the same time, may be on the same day or on a particular day of the week or fortnight, then it could be residual. Because your dad and granddad don't have any ideas about what you say. If it had been, it might have shown itself up to someone in the family.

Still if you get the vibes that "you are not wanted" in the place, you better be careful. Anytime it might turn into a harmful spirit. Keep posted of any developments.

If you feel it is negative, please post us and we shall advise you to cleanse the house.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Set (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
Hi Star, I think I know the kind of vibes you are talking about, how it feels negative but in a passive way, like you know you're not exactly welcome but you're not in any danger because they don't really care that much.

Whenever I feel like this though, I never expect to see a spirit, only low level things like you described with noises and little things moving. I do not expect to see because the spirit has no interest in me and I would usually view seeing a spirit as evidence that it wants to tell you something. Maybe it is warming up to you? Or I guess maybe it just slipped up when you were having a particularly astute moment and failed at hiding from you. I suppose this would make sense, since it quickly vanished, but I wouldn't rule out the spirit being interested in you for some reason.
billyak18 (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
Star5141 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
I often get the kind of vibes that say I don't want you here but I tend to just ignore them as nothing has ever harmed me or any of the animals and after living there my hole life you kind of get used to the feeling
As I said before I think all the polish people were very happy here in fact I think when they came here it was like paradise for them many if them worked for my grandfather and he said that the people were lovely and the children were very happy and everyone was close like family and very friendly to everyone (sounds a bit like a strange fairy tail)
I think most if all of the people were buried at the local church.
I also forgot to mention the farm is all around an old air field they used in the war and also their is an old shooting range slap bang in the middle of the farm. Lots of badgers live there now so I think it's fairly peaceful
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
Hi Star,

I agree with Nephylim ~ it could be just residual. The fact that it never harmed you is a good thing. It doesn't sound dangerous. You might want to check on this board to get info for as to "send him to the light?"

I'm no expert, and I have no idea what "the light" is, but if he's stuck in time, it wouldn't hurt to help.

Just my penny's worth ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
so, you only saw him for a second?
Did he vanish, or walk away? Seems like you got a good look at him, the way you're able to describe him.
Did he seem to notice you or react to you, or was this more in line with a residual activity?
Nephylim (10 stories) (79 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
Hi Star,

Firstly, it is entirely possible that a farm with a history such as yours could hold some residual energy or spirits attached to the land.
Secondly, you're probably not crazy. Most crazy people don't think or know that they are crazy, so you're already ahead there 😉

Do you know if there are any of the original farm-hands buried in or around the property? I ask because you say that the Polish workers lived in sheds and old air raid shelter-type things so it is possible that there was not much money around to conduct proper burials and some could have been buried where they lived and worked.

Have you gotten any negative vibes from around the farm or in any particular place. I don't mean the "I'm alone on a big farm" kind of vibes, I mean the "something doesn't like me here" kind.

I look forward to your responses.

Regards,

Neph

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: