You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Fountains

Real Ghost Stories

The Fountains

 

Alright, this is a story from when I was visiting a friend's house in Alabama. She lived in these apartments across the street from this abandoned building. It used to be a hospital and before that it was a nursing home. So as you can see there is already a typical background for a haunting. This building is called The Fountains by local residents.

My friend and I had heard many rumors of the place being haunted and in the top window there is an electrical fan that appears and disappears from the window at least once a week. My friend, her cousin, and me decided to go in the building ourselves and see if the rumors were true.

One night we snuck in through a broken window and decided to split up viewing different wings of the building. That was of course an idiotic decision. I won't say the real names of the people in this story, for the sake of privacy. For our accounts of our experiences in the hospital. I will call my friend Allie and her cousin Lillian.

Me:

As I walked down one of the many hallways alone I swore I could hear whispering and hands pushing me into a certain room. I walked into that room and suddenly my flashlight went out. The odd thing was the bulb in the flashlight was brand new and so were the batteries. When the flashlight came back on there was blood pouring down one wall and then it went off again. When it came back that time the blood was gone, but with closer inspection to the wall. I noticed what looked like a blood stain behind the peeling wallpaper.

I immediately left that room and decided to go up to the top floor to see what the truth was about the fan. As I entered I saw a hulking black shadow-like figure. It knocked the flashlight out of my hand and let out an inhuman growl. A small white figure showed behind the larger shadow figure. It stepped in front of me and pushed me out of the room. I heard a whisper that sounded very high pitched saying Run, get away!

I of course, like any normal person ran and got out of there. I can honestly say, I never want to go back in that place. There is an evil feeling surrounding it, and I know that no good can come from The Fountains.

Allie:

According to Allie's account she entered a room on the second floor, she said that she had seen lights in that room beforehand was curious. She felt a chill pass down her spine as she heard footsteps behind her. When she turned around she didn't see anything and thought it was her imagination. Then she felt herself become frozen in place. An old hospital bed rolled into the room with a blanket covering what looked like a body laying on it. She couldn't move, and just stared at the hospital bed. The white blanket was suddenly lifted up and she saw a severely burned corpse. She closed her eyes out of fear and when she opened them everything was back to normal in the room and she could move again.

She being a skittish person in nature ran out of the hospital and waited for us to come out.

Lillian:

Lillian's case is the most interesting. She says that she went to the third floor and walked around for about fifteen minutes and didn't see anything. Deciding to go ahead and leave she turned to do just that. But then she saw a woman walking down the hall in a patients hospital gown. She waved to the woman but the woman kept walking as if she didn't see Lillian. Lillian walked up to the woman and tried to touch her but the woman walked right through her. Lillian then realizing what she had just seen, ran for the stairwell and began to run down when suddenly she felt something grab her arm. She looked back to see a man wearing a doctors coat looking at her with a questioning expression and said You shouldn't be here, it's dangerous. You must go. She then said she heard a roar.

The man had a distressed expression and pushed her yelling Run! He knows you're here, get out of here before you're trapped like us! Lillian did as she was told and ran down the stairs and out of the hospital.

Now this is where it gets even stranger. You see when Allie emerged from the building, I emerged ten minutes after. At that time it was around 3:00 in the morning. And we waiting for around thirty minutes for Lillian to emerge but she didn't come out. We went back to Allie's house and went back to The Fountains at 8:30 in the morning and Lillian still hadn't emerged. We agreed we would wait thirty minutes more and then go in after her.

Lillian came out around 9:00 in the morning. We asked where she had been and she asked why it was already daylight saying she had only been gone for thirty minutes. She had been gone for around 6 hours. Which we immediately informed her of. Ever since then, we all agreed never to go back in The Fountains again. There is undoubtedly something evil there. I don't know what and I won't ever go back to find out.

I know that this story may seem hard to believe, but I can promise that all of our accounts are the 100% truth. If you don't believe us that's fine. We just wanted to share this story with others, in warning that there are places like this one. Leave your curiosity alone and leave the world of the dead at rest.

Other hauntings by wolfavera

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wolfavera, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-18)
Your story was really scary. I got goosebumps while reading but one think I want to know from whow the ghost were trying to protect you all?
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-04)
I think your account was genuine, and very interesting indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Logan
STARRCHiCC14 (31 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
Sorry, but your story is hard to believe. Well, if it's true, you should never leave your friend behind. What if something happened to her?
liezelleroux (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
Yes, I agree, I must say I don't believe this story, it sounds like something you dreamt about or a movie you have seen.
UnicornAnonymous (10 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
I believe your story has some truth but I think you exaggerate it a bit😕

UnicornAnonymous (Ash)
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
You are right wolfavera, Lillian's case is the most interesting; she sees a woman walking down the hall of an ABANDONED building and she has the guts to wave and try to touch her? -Really?
And she is missing for six hours and you girls went home without informing some adult about Lillian's whereabouts?
I know: you three girls were playing "Charlie's Angels"... With a paranormal twist! 😆
Rustedsoul (2 stories) (20 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
I am sorry for being mean but to me this all sounds something that is right out of a movie... Having these vivid ghost sightings and interactions can leave you a little displaced (if I am using the right word) 😕 well your story to tell I guess...
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+3
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
wolfavera...to be honest, I'm struggling to accept your account as 100% real. Not saying it isn't mind you, just that it boggles my mind. But, movies have to get that stuff from somewhere, don't they?
Ghost hunting in abandoned buildings -well, that's just ripe for misadventure isn't it? I'm glad you learned your lesson, and I hope your friends did too. After all, even barring the paranormal aspects, you were trespassing, there could have been derelicts inside that would hurt you, someone could have been injured with rotted floorboards or other things.
If there is EVER a next time, ANYWHERE remember to use the buddy system. Because you just never know what lurks inside the abandoned buildings.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
wolfavera - your "story" makes me appreciate the friends I have that I go on ghost hunts with. We would never, under any circumstances, ever leave someone behind 😠 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: