You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Lifesaver?

Real Ghost Stories

Lifesaver?

 

I'm not one to really believe in ghosts but there were a few unexplained experiences that I had in the house I grew up in that I can't put a finger on.

When I was about 10-12 years old, I needed to climb a pile of clutter that reached the ceiling in our garage. I started by climbing on top of my air hockey table then onto a treasure chest when I suddenly lost my balance and started falling backwards head first towards the concrete pavement. Miraculously I landed on two large 55 gallon filled garbage bags... The same garbage bags that I moved to the other side of the garage in order to make room for me to climb up the air hockey table. How did it make its way across the garage again?

I then played the Ouija board with a friend of mine to see if it would actually work in the garage. After asking a bunch of questions, nothing seemed to happen until both garbage cans tipped over opposite of where we were playing and I had a huge mess to clean up since it was mostly cans and bottles that weren't in any bags.

Another unexplained encounter I had was when I was about the same age, I woke up in the middle of the night to my cat sitting at the edge of my bed staring at the corner of my room where my desk was located. I turned on the light to see what my cat was so focused on and saw nothing. As soon as I turned the light back off, I heard a loud smack as if someone smacked my desk with the palm of their hand and as soon as I heard it, I felt my cat jump off my bed running full speed out of my room. I quickly turned the light back on only to see my chair slowly rotating as if someone just sat up from it. I can't remember how long I slept with the light on since then.

One thing for sure, it was always the first and last time anyone slept over my house. My cousin slept over my house and woke up in the middle of the night to see someone standing in the room. As soon as my cousin tried to wake me (I was sleeping next to him) it disappeared. My cousin rarely came over since then. Another instance was when my Aunt slept over since they were painting the inside of her house and she didn't want to sleep smelling the fresh paint. At approx. 3am, I wake up to my aunt screaming out in the middle of the street with the sheets still over her body. She ended up waking all the neighbors and said she saw a man walk across the room.

Finally when it was time to move out, just as we had everything packed up and ready to leave, my mother closes the front door behind her for the last time only to hear someone say "Goodbye" from inside the house. Fifteen years later, I haven't experienced anything since moving out.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cardoso2127, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

khizar (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
you should check the history of the house. Nice story thanxx for sharing
, 😁 ❤ this story.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
Yes you did have a lifesaver watching over you... Spiritual guardians do have the enlightenment of seeing what lays ahead and in your situation, it gave them time to re position the garbage bags to break your fall, probably someone related to you?...thank you for sharing your story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: