You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Haunted Outing

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Outing

 

As a believer in the paranormal-mostly ghosts, I would like to relate 2 experiences. I was on holiday visiting the Yorkshire coast and I thought I'd pay a visit to York.

I went to the Stonegate area of York and visited the haunted house there. I had my stills camera with me and everything was going well until the corridors went dark as the tour progressed. As I stood in the hallway I could feel icy fingers on my shoulder. Each room I went in I felt cold spots. I could feel a presence wherever I went.

As I tried to leave one of the rooms, I saw a black shadowy form pass me. I entered the seance room and started clicking the camera, not knowing what I would pick up. My camera, with fresh batteries in, went funny on a few occasions. I also heard loud heavy footsteps coming from the highest room and there was no way you could access it. As I left the seance room, the last part was a staircase which I did photograph.

I left the house and visited the nearest antique shop, which has also had ghostly visits. I went to a certain part, where apparently a figure has been either spotted or felt to look at certain items, which caught my eye. This spirit is reputed to meddle with visitor's shoelaces. I looked down and, lo and behold, they were undone which I had them tied very tightly. I was alone at the time and as I looked at the items in this glass case, I felt a heavy shove in my back as though 2 hands were on my back but there was no-one there. I told nobody, headed back to my hotel to check the pictures from the house.

I picked up no end of orbs and an outline of a figure from the staircase. Now, if anyone can solve that mystery I would like to know.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, reddevil50, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

RoMaNzQ (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-18)
Would be great to have a squizz at the pictures... Perhaps you could upload them on YGS?

Good story!

Blessed Be
RomanzQ
Sarahlove2014 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-17)
The shadow could of been shadow people. However, the orbs is harder to tell, it could be orbs or it could be dust. Very interesting story though. 😉
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-17)
I would love to see these pictures, they must be good. If there is any chance, please may you put them on. And val I love your website!
BaiAnina (3 stories) (41 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-17)
It would be definitely interesting to see those pictures! It's a good story... I hope I could visit York too, one day:)
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-12-15)
Without seeing the pictures, I can't really comment on them. The story in and of itself is interesting though.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-15)
well I must say, the pictures are really fascinating... Very good story too...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: