You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Pontianak

Real Ghost Stories

Pontianak

 

I am Victoria. I have always had the interest in listening to ghost stories. In fact, I always believed them. These are really true. My dads cousin, troy, was one day at his army camp. After taking a shower, he switched off the lights. Then he went down the stairs. Suddenly, the light turned on. He was not shocked, and just went back to switch off the light. Again, the light turned on. He was confused now, and thought someone was playing a trick on him. So, again he switched it off. The lights turned on again, and he saw a pontianak laughing and flying up near the ceilings. He ran and got on his motor cycle, and never wanted to come back.

Let me explain what is a pontianak. A pontianak is a women. They never come after women or girls like me, well because pontianaks die with their babies still in there stomachs. If you do not rub eggs under their armpits when they die, they will become one. They can be up in trees most of the time. Do not ever urinate under the tree or they will come after you.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Singapore

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, victoria, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

khid (7 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-09-06)
another info is that... If you happen to have that kind of eerie feeling (hair stands on end) and suspected "something" is near... Try to keep a sharp ear, if you can hear "it" giggle or laugh softly, it means that its near. But if you heard the same sound quite loud, means "it" quite a distant away... So plan your next step carefully.
luffy (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-25)
the part where you say pontianaks don't hunt girls that's the opposite. Fact from myth is pontianaks are suuper bloodthirsty for woman who are pregnant or on their menz. If any woman happened to be pregnant carryiing a newborn or on their menz they will be targeted by the pontianak. They love to feed on babies. They reside in a particular tree (banana) I think and they are used and controlled by evil Bomohs (witches) to do hurt people.
Vintage (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
That's funny but at the same time creepy. I am confused at why you'd rub an egg... Under their armpit.
But I think this story is interesting. I like it!
Silly123 (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
I was from Malaysia as well. If you grow up in the city, all these ghost stuffs are just a myth. With today technology, can't someone capture any of this stuffs on record.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
I forgot 1 thing for this pontianak info, they are ghosts which and will eat anything with flesh and blood, I will write a story about a man's childhood experience on 1 in some day. (Its all true, if not, i won't even signup for this community)
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-11)
The girls reading this is so lucky that they don't get chased by pontianaks.Victoria,I live in a nearby country called Brunei Darussalm, those who don't know it, look up in an atlas.
The pontianak has been in Malay countries for so long I'll be glad to tell you all one thing, Pontianaks like to live on banana trees. 😐 This is not to be messed with Since I'm a malayan citizen in Brunei.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-26)
I have seen ghost one in my bathroom of a teenage boy. Last week I heard a little girl's voice and she made a big bang. I get that strange feeling of a house. I know when a ghost is near me cause something starts breathing on me and all of a sudden I get all cold. I have seen floating clouds, seeing through things at night as well. You should read my stories on psychic expereinces my name is Katie on that website.
Jason143 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-26)
wow...dat was new to learn for me as well... I hope your uncle is fine now... Could you give me a bit more information about the army camp as to where it was and since when it was there... I would like to do a research on it as well!
Good luck be with you all.
zerostatic23 (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-20)
Wow, you learn something new everyday. I can see that with your belief system that would be a real scary experiance. I wouldn't want to go back either.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-19)
Victoria,
thank you for the wonderful story. I enjoyed learning from your story very much and gained a lot of insight to yiur culture.

Martin,
I am now an avid reader of this site and am glad to see your taking stories from other cultures and giving them as much merit as other stories. If the indiviuals that are telling their accounts believe that what they are saying is happening, who are we to doubt?

thanks again for the story,
God Bless!
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-09-19)
Shane, I agree that some countries have, um, very colorful myths and traditions regarding the paranormal. I must admit that I may be a little more accepting of stories from these exotic places (to me), simply for the intellectual interest of bringing other cultural point of views on this site. I give them a pass on stories that would trip my skepticism filters in western countries. It doesn't mean I necessarily believe in "Jinns" or "Pontianak" or "Fairies", but I do believe there may have been indeed some paranormal event that happened, underneath the superstition.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-19)
I am glad that I read Martins definition of a Pontianak before reading the story. You have got to love the folklore of other countries. Ah Singapore, nothing like a day of shopping in Bugis, and then heading downtown for a little night life. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-19)
Dear Martin,

Thank you for that information and definition. It was not only helpful to myself, but I am also sure it will be very helpful to others who read Victoria's story and like myself are not familiar with the term, "Pontianak". Thank you for providing a link to the definition too. :) --Abby ❤
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-09-19)
Abby:

"A Pontianak or Kuntilanak or Matianak (as known in Indonesia, sometimes shortened to just kunti) is a type of vampire in Malay folklore, similar to the Langsuir. The pontianak is usually a woman who died during childbirth and becomes undead, seeking revenge and terrorizing villages..."

As you can see, victoria is from Singapore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontianak_%28folklore%29
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-18)
Dear Victoria,

I can understand your dad's cousin, Troy experiencing poltergeist occurrences by an unseen ghost. I must admit, without further research, I do not understand the full meaning of your belief system, description and definition of what you call a "Pontianak". The closest word I know to that is "Pontiac" which is Native American, as well as a make of a USA made car. :)

I appreciate your story and will further investigate, "Pontianak". --Abby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: