You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Not Raindrops

Real Ghost Stories

Not Raindrops

 

One late afternoon around the year 2000, my daughter asked me to come along to a place I never heard of...Bachelor's Grove Cemetery! I really don't believe in the supernatural as usually defined, so we parked in an adjacent Forest Preserve and walked down the only dirt path leading to the cemetery until we came across the broken down fence supposedly there to enclose the cemetery from trespassers.

We all walked in, my daughter holding Brandon, her only child at the time, her husband/partner, and myself. As I respect such places as sacred, I said to all of us as we took our first steps inside, "Let's say a prayer for the dead."

Instantaneously, a number of water-droplets rained down on my forehead, nowhere else! All at once, and not a cloud in the sky! I immediately showed everyone, and they were not too impressed, especially my daughter, who has the mind I wish I had!

I just thought that it was just too coincidental that just after my appeal, and I mean immediately, I received that blessing, or curse, who knows what it was? The nearest trees were about 20 feet away, so I discounted dew being wind-swept my way, and only my way! I don't know, maybe I was imagining things, but a number of water droplets right on my forehead, and not on my face! I am a down-to-Earth kind of guy, so I wouldn't mention that event unless it was highly unusual, and to me it was just that! It is just one of those things that comes up from time to time in our phone conversations!

Then, my daughter convinced us to pass-by Resurrection Cemetery! It was dark at the time, but Tammy left the car and walked-up to the fence where she said she saw marks on the 1 inch cast iron picket fence, which she said might be the spot where Resurrection Mary made her famous hand print or something! Then, out of the blue, a rather tall man in some kind of hoody and long trench coat walks right past the car on the street no less! I looked at him, but couldn't see his face (my daughter somehow saw him straight-on, but couldn't see his face) and I couldn't help but say, "Resurrection Harry!"

Thanks, Tom.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, twaflyer1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
Val - ah... I see, makes sense then, thank you for that information
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
LOL Resurrection Harry made me laugh there. Very interesting story though, the "rain" part was definitely weird.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
I kind of dig Reserection Hary. And the raindrops. Ever notice how old people seem to have tose kind of expieriences a lot, maybe because of their traditions. ❤
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-29)
notjustme, Bachelor's Grove Cemetery was abandoned sometime near the turn of the century. It's said to be the most haunted graveyards in IL. Http://www.bachelors-grove.com/ The OP doesn't say, but in order NOT to have heard of Bachelor's Grove, he must not be from the area. Close to Halloween there is always a write up about it in most of Chicago-land's newspapers, or on the TV, because of the 'haunted tours' it's included on. But then again, maybe he just doesn't pay attention. 😉
Anyway, if they were visiting the area, it could be that the daughter just wanted to see them for herself. Just a thought.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
oops sorry I just realized the author will not be joining in the comments. 😳
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
Hello there, interesting account. I am actually more interested in why your daughter decided to take her father, husband and baby to visit these sites. Was there a friend or family buried there?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: