You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Why Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Why Me?

 

I'm 15-years-old. Since I was 7 or 8 I've seen things. I've always had a thing for the paranormal since I was little. Me and my grandmother would watch those ghost documentaries and ghost hunter shows when she baby sat me, and some believe that may be the reason why all of this has happened to me.

One night it really happened. I was asleep in my bedroom and my bedroom door was wide opened because I enjoyed sleeping that way. It gave me better access to get to my parents' room if I ever woke up and couldn't sleep or had nightmares.

Well, that night I woke up and turned over to see a woman in the doorway. She had on a long robe or something along those lines. She just stared at me, and then she opened up the robe and brought out a small child, a boy. He looked to be about my age back then or younger. She put her hand on his head and sort of began tapping her fingers on him. Why, I don't know.

Then I woke up a few years later to someone calling my name in the living room, where I was sleeping at the time. When I opened my eyes, I saw the outline of a lady who looked just like my mother, but instead of coming to me she turned around and walked outside. The door to the back yard literally opened and then shut.

I was terrified, but I did decide to sleep in there again a few nights later only to be woken up again by my name being called, but this time no lady.

Since then I usually won't sleep in there. Not alone. It went from being those small things that happened to me when I was alone, to expanding and happening to me when I was with a friend. But only one friend.

One night that friend came over and my parents left us alone while they went on an anniversary date. This was just a few years back. Well, my parents' bathroom has a separate tub and shower, so we were going to get that done together so we had more time to play and do what little kids do. But before then, I went around the house and shut all of the bedroom doors and turned out all of the lights. I then locked the doors and went to the bedroom and brought all of our pets into the bedroom with us. We had 3 cats and a dog.

I was the last in the room, and the first out. When I opened the door what I saw terrified me so badly that I slammed the door and relocked it and began to try and decide on whether or not I should call the police. All of my bedroom doors had been opened and the lights turned back on. At the time I thought someone broke in. But after a few minutes of me and my friend hiding in the closet and hearing nothing and calling my parents who were rushing home, we decided to go out and look around. There was nothing taken, and the doors were still shut and bolted from the inside. No windows touched. No one had broken in.

After that, I heard my name called, everywhere I went. It got to the point to where I even heard it at school. One day I just couldn't take anymore, and when I got off the bus I refused to go inside my home until my parents got off work. I was hysterical, screaming and crying. My mom rushed home and, unsure of what to do, ran inside and just started screaming. She was yelling and telling whatever it was to leave me alone and to go away. She then loaded me into the car and drove me to our church where the pastor talked to me and we chatted about what was going on. He believed it was demonic. He advised me to show it I wasn't afraid because that's what it fed on.

So for a while I did. For a while things stopped, but lately it feels like they're going to start up again. And I'm scared. I just need answers as to why me. I don't know the history of my home, and my parents refuse to tell me. My father still doesn't believe the things that happened to me, and my mother tells me that it's nothing I should have to worry or care about. But whatever is going on is centered around me and my bedroom.

I may need to mention that I'm also the youngest in my family. Many other things have happened. Much, much more. But these are the main things.

I should also mention that I have 2 more dogs now, and one of them has been with me longer than the other, my larger dog. She reacts to things. I got her around when I was 12, and the first night she came into my room, around bedtime she started staring at the floor and growling. Her eyes wondered all over the floor and then traveled up the wall and into a corner of my ceiling. Her growling never stopped and since then, she sometimes acts strange at night. And sometimes won't go in certain rooms, like my bathroom, or my closet.

I just need help.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rebekah_lynn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rebekah_lynn (1 stories) (2 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-07-03)
No, I mean my brother is sometimes 7 years older and sometimes 8. It depends on the day because of how our birthdays land. I don't remember the exact date this happened.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-03)
Sorry, I had to re-read this to get more clarity. Now I know which woman you were referring to.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-03)
Rebekah_lynn- what lady are you talking about with filthy hair? Your brother is 7-8 years older than you... You are not sure? Also, that night I thought your parents left you guys alone for their anniversary. Either I am extremely confused or the story doesn't make sense... Please explain, thank you.
rebekah_lynn (1 stories) (2 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-07-03)
Okay, so I was told something along the lines of having a gift. But these things aren't normal looking. I remember the lady very well. She had dark hair that was very long and her hair was filthy and greasy and stuck together. Sorta like she just came out of a muddy shower. And she was terrifying. When I was just around 2 or 3, maybe 4, I did predict my little cousin's birth to my aunt. Before she even knew she was pregnant, I told her she was along with the gender, the name, and the hair color of her little girl. I've done things like that my entire life and that is what my pastor believed was attracting these unwanted things. He said he believed they were demonic and the reason they had been bothering me was because I was so involved in church and all of that, they wanted to try and scare me from it so that they could "take my gift away". I also have one sibling who is older. An older brother. He's 7-8 years older than me. I believe he was there that night. But it was late and everyone was already in bed. He also slept with his door closed. But no, no one else has ever experienced anything, except for my mom who has occasionally had lights turn back on or off after she turns them on or off and leaves a room. My dad doesn't even believe me, and my brother never really believed in any of it either. My mom barely did. So I was basically alone. The only thing that helped me was the fact that my mom was terrified that I was going to do something to myself because of how hysterical and terrified I kept getting. And on the night of my parent's anniversary I was either 12 or 13. I have prayed. I feel like the entire house becomes hostile when I do or say anything religious. Including playing songs that are religious based. It's like the feeling you get when you were younger and you did something that you knew you weren't suppose to do and you're parents gave you that look of disappointment but said nothing. That's how it feels every time I pray, read the bible, sing a religious song. Anything. And it's a terrifying feeling.
Jake141 (3 stories) (27 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
hi rebekah_lynn,
I've done a lot of research and have many experiences with hauntings and demons alike.
If help your looking for is to get rid of them, try a cleansing ritual, a user on this site by the name of Rook has a great one on his profile.
Also try having a passage of scripture from your religion open in your room when the assurances happen.
As for feeling more safe, that is a harder thing to help with without actually talking to you, just keep praying. And know with your God's protection, it really can't hurt you.

Stay safe,
- Jake
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
So demons and exocism, exciting combination there. You know, nothing particularly terrible happened to you, right? Just things getting moved around, like everyone does when they want to prank you. Sounds like you have spirited spirits. Jesus spent a fair amount of time talking to ghosts, so I think it's OK. Actualy it seems like a lot of different things going on. The woman with the robe and the child sounds not so much like a ghost but like a message. Which people who are sensitive get now and again. In the Bible they call it a vission. And it's a gift. You have a gift kid. The Spirit moves however He will, you know? So probably you should pick a time everyday to sit quietly with Him and your thoughts and let him explain Himself. At least that's what works for a lot of people with the same gift. La Pash 😊
Camilla (2 posts)
-3
10 years ago (2014-06-29)
I to experienced things like this I still kind of do I am the youngest as well. My family never believed me so I took action on my own I went to a priest when my parents were away and had him cleance my room and stuff and it helped. But you have demonic spirit that is stuck on you and I fear for you, you need to see a priest and talk to him about an exorcism because that's the only way your going to get rid of the damn thing
chocolyt (1 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
maybe you should pray so that thing will stop haunting you, I hope
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
Rebekah_lynn - you are the youngest pf your family, does that mean you have siblings? If so, where were they during that night? I don't see them being mentioned. Have they or your parents ever experienced anything? Also how old were you during that night of your parents' anniversary? Thank you for your story and looking foreard to hearing back.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: