You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Spirit Of A Lady

Real Ghost Stories

The Spirit Of A Lady

 

I never had a personal experience, but heard many stories. Now, I would like to share an incident which I came to know from my grandmother.

There used to be a lady named Jaya Lakshmi in the village Muggulla (near rajahmundry in andhrapradesh). She was suffocated to death by her in-laws due to some family problems when she was pregnant. She was very fond of small children. But unfortunately she died when she was about to become a mother.

From then, her spirit would come near the houses where there are newborn babies. At the time of my mother's birth, the same thing happened. My grandmother went to her parents for delivery who stayed in muggulla. Jaya lakshmi came and just stood by a pillar near the room in which the baby is. My grand father worked in a nearby town and he came to see his daughter. After washing his legs he went into the house. He saw jaya lakshmi there near the pillar. He thought she was some relative from my grandmother's side who came to see the new born baby and he wished her. There was no response from her. He did not mind and went inside to see his daughter and he asked my grandmother who the lady was. And when they looked at the pillar there was no one. That day night the baby started crying.

Then my grandmother remembered that there was a lady near the pillar whom my grandfather saw. They called of a priest and said the same. He said that it might be the spirit of jaya lakshmi and gave an amulet and said my grandmother to chant hanuman chalisa (the prayers of a hindu god who is known to keep the evil spirits away)

After chanting the prayers the baby calmed down.

The same happened with many other villagers and they used to keep chappals, brooms and pieces of iron near the new born babies.

They also kept a knife under the pillow and the holy ashes (vibhoothi) on the forehead

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sahasthra, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Hello sahasthra, welcome to YGS. This is really a very sad story. But unfortunately in our country, the crimes committed by the in-laws (actually they are outlaws) are not reported. Even now female infanticide and dowry menace and torture are prevalent in some of the villages.

But I feel sorry for Jaya Lakshmi and like lady-glow, I also feel that her spirit was not evil.

I would like to ask you a question. Do you still have relatives in the village of Muggulla? If you do, please do ask them if there are any further activities, experiences or encounters involving Jaya Lakshmi. If you do have any information, please do post it.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
hi, like lady-glow I'll also say its a sad story. Why some in laws kills their daughter in law just because of dowry... I hate them 😠 😠 Jaya lakshmi can't enjoyed motherhood... Poor lady... I just want to cry... The pain the feeling of jaya lakshmi is really unexplained.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
This is such a sad story, and unfortunately one that seems to happen over and over again in some countries. 😢
Though I do not think the spirit of Jaya Lakhshami should be considered "evil", if anything she is an innocent victim to the injustice of an evil social practice. 😠
pearlangel (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-26)
so sad for Jaya Lakhshami...
Are her in-laws punished for killing 2 innocent people?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: