You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Bald Lady

Real Ghost Stories

The Bald Lady

 

This is a more chilling story than my previous submission and one that to this day some 10 years later still influences my sleeping habits. While growing up my father worked as a chef on a cargo ship and was away with his work for 7 to 8 weeks at a time during his shifts, and my Brother being 8 years older than me was usually away doing things that teenagers usually do, so most nights it was just me and my mother at home.

I was around the age of twelve. My mother was quite protective of me and would always prefer for me to leave the door to my bedroom open so that if I was ill during the night or needed anything she could hear me calling, this was never a problem... Until one night.

On this night I suddenly woke and realised I was drenched in sweat I was laying on my back and my blankets were pulled right up to my neck, I felt a strange feeling and my blankets felt incredibly heavy I went to sit up but I could not move an inch the only thing I could move was my eyes. Instinctively I tried to yell out to mum but I could not make a single sound and that's when I noticed I was being watched.

I could see out of my open bedroom door and into the hallway where we had an old wooden cupboard used for linen against a wall, next to that was the doorway to the kitchen and standing next to the cupboard and the doorway was the ghostly figure of a woman.

The first thing I noticed is that she was well above the average height for a woman, she was very thin and her head was bald. The strange woman was a bright white light although somehow I could see these features clearly, as well as determine her age I would have said mid to late 40's in age.

She was wearing very loose fitting clothes most like pyjamas. I could not make out many facial features except her eyes which disturbed me most of all. They were tiny black dots and they were looking straight at me I could feel them. I could not look away and I could not close my eyes at this point and the sweat was pouring of my face and running down my neck.

She stood there and did not move, and I started to feel like she was watching me as a parent may watch their child play in the park. I sensed that she was enjoying watching me. I'm not sure how long this lasted but I know I didn't blink the entire time.

Eventually I noticed her fading very slowly and then she faded to nothing and the area she was standing was now back to pitch black as well as my bedroom. I could move again and I was soaked from sweat but I was still a bit cautious to get out of bed and I must have just passed out from there.

I'm now 23 years old and since that night I never ever sleep with my bedroom door open and if anyone asks why I tell them this story and they soon understand.

Other hauntings by Jager

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jager, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
One thing I never understand about the ghosts, that they mostly come in loose fittings of cloths. 😆

Sorry, but your experience is creapy. Very creapy. I would have died of fits if I was there at your place. By the way Miracles, I too think the same because the lady was bald.

Thanks For Sharing! 😊
ephr (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-12)
That definitely sounds like sleep paralysis! I experience it a lot, but I feel like a lot of the stuff that I see has real meaning and is not to be disregarded. If you ever experience it again, try to stay calm! You might see something interesting. 😳
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-11)
Jager - do you know if any of your female relatives, or close family friends, died of cancer when you were younger? Maybe she was someone who felt affection for you who was just checking on you.

That's the only thing that I can think of that may explain her presence.
mimerkki (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-11)
I was not referring to his head, even if it is amazing;) Somehow the description of the woman made me think of an alien species from that show 😊
Jager (3 stories) (8 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-10)
To Mimerkki, I don't know much about Star Trek but are you referring to the amazing bald head of Captain Picard (Patrick Stewart) ?
Jager (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-10)
To Sushantkar- I never seen her again and I believe she may have passed on that night to be honest, the way she faded away seemed like a closure, it was slow and from what I rememer it was quite peaceful towards the end of her viset.
mimerkki (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-10)
The woman made me think of Star Trek. Which does not mean I don't believe the writer being truthfull. Glad nothing more happened.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-10)
Hello Jager! Scary experience. I hope that ghost is not disturbing you anymore. As said and too written by you, I think you had sleep paralysis. The women/ghost which you had seen in between the cup board and the doorway often they (ghosts) used to take people in the subconscious stage from where they can have full control on them.
Had you ever seen her again (say in the fourth coming years)? If had, then did had the similar feeling as you had earlier. Kindly share.

With best wishes to you
❤ 😨
Maiah (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
This happened to me just this weekend. We just moved to a new house, and on Sat morning, I dreamt I woke up, saw my room, saw me wearing the same clothes I was in, and saw my hubby sleeping behind my back with his arm resting on my waist. However, when I turned to look up at him, he kind of opened his eyes and started whispering the Our Father and Hail Mary in my native tongue. My hubby doesn't speak that language so I tried to push him away after realizing it couldn't be him doing that. I couldn't move, couldn't even lift his arm off me. He started talking to me saying 'Please take care of yourself while you are here on earth, don't waste your life. Prison was very hard for me... I felt suffocated, the food was terrible, it was awful' and he just started moaning in agony. It was then that I realized that he was possessed by an ex of mine who died in prison some 15 years ago. I started praying in my mind in that dream state to help me 'push him away' but the spirit also started praying at the same time and in a quicker more vicious way. When I got up, I was totally drained, exhausted and terrified.
Xindi (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
I suffer from sleep paralysis, and this sounds so similar to what I experience multiple times a week. In fact, it happened last night too. I have seen a little boy come down my hallway, look into my bedroom door, and tell me my mother has died. That is probably the most paranormal sleep paralysis experience I've had. Most of the time I think I'm awake, but something is always off. That's how I know I'm still asleep. (The light won't turn on, a piece of furniture is out of place, my husband is wearing a hawaiian shirt he doesn't own...) They say it happens more if you sleep on your back, which I do. It's frustrating because you can't really control how you sleep! If it ever happens again, just try to relax (I know it's hard, especially when you're scared) and you should wake up. Focus on wiggling your toes or fingers. Don't focus on trying to open your eyes, it will just get worse. Good luck to you, and know you're not alone.
Jager (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
To elanoraemily- Yes I have looked into sleep paralysis after a friend told me about it a while ago, I was definatly paralyzed. Though confident to say I wasn't asleep. I never seen the woman again after that and I have a feeling that she moved on. Thanks for reading also. I have more stories to come.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
Dear Jager,
Thanks for sharing. It must have been very scary.
Even my mother had felt something akin, but then I found out this documentary which is immensely helpful:

The Entity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbpOucNVn4

I am in no way an expert, so I can neither refute nor endorse your experience. I just want you to watch this very informative video, and decide for yourself.

Regards
Jager (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
To notjustme, I had mixed feelings about this one sometimes but I never realy felt in danger from her. I did question whether she may have been looking for a host or not. But yes the overall feeling was that she was just happy to just watch me for a little while. I also realy felt that she had been a mother and that she had a son around my age at the time of her death.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
Shadow_moon1- sorry that was a typo, I meant to say *now* not no
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
I would have been scared to death.

What you experienced was most likely sleep paralysis.
It happens when your body is awake, but still trapped in a dream state. You cannot move your body because your brain freezes you, for your own protection, while you are sleeping. You can only move your eyes. Your brain essentially suspends you in a dream state that you are conscious of. It's generally a very unpleasant experience.
Sleep paralysis is not caused by ghosts sitting on you, but instead by your own body. Do not be afraid of it, just try to remember to breath and relax, even if what you are seeing in incredibly uncomfortable.

This does not mean that what you experienced is not real, meaningful or even paranormal. Only you can decide what you believe happened to you.
I like how you compare her to a woman watching her child- it seems comforting (in retrospect, probably still frightening at the time). I find her appearance to be incredibly interesting and unique.

I hope that you are well and best wishes to you. Thank you very much for sharing!

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
Shadow_moon1 - actually that is why I sleep on my sides, it is because I feel so vulnerable, but no I have back problems 😢
Shadow_moon1 (guest)
-1
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
It seems like you had sleep paralysis and the lady you saw must have been doing it to you or there could of been another ghost sitting on top of you. What my grandma always told me was that you should never sleep on your back because it easier for ghost to sit on you but if you sleep on your side they won't be able to sit on you.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
You are right! This WAS very scary. I had goosebumps from beginning to end. I understand you were obviously terrified, but you compared her as a mother watching her child in the park, so does that mean you were not threatened but just afraid?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: