You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Cinema

Real Ghost Stories

The Cinema

 

In our city, we have this "cheap" (I can't find the exact word I'm looking for, sorry, but this is close) mall. It's not really large and it doesn't really rank with the other malls in our city or in the whole Philippines. Not a lot of people go there. They say the cinema place in that mall has ghosts. They say it's a perfect place for a ghost to roam since it's big, dark and when they play movies there, a lot of seats are left vacant.

So back in 2013, me and my friends wanted to watch The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. We expected the "big" malls would be sold out so we decided to go to the other mall. As expected, we didn't bother waiting in long lines since a few people were there. Also, in the cinema, there were only a few people. We decided to divide ourselves. Half would be seated in front, the other half just behind the ones in front. I was seated on the front row. I looked behind me as my friends huddled deciding where to seat and who they wanted to be next to. When I looked at them, they seemed so many. It was like there were many people huddled there. Like, so much more. So the movie started and halfway through, I was out of snacks. I looked behind me to ask for a snack from them. When I looked behind me, there were only seven of them. When I recall seeing them huddled deciding where to seat, I could have sworn there were more people, not just seven. I ignored it but I still felt uneasy the whole time.

When the movie ended, my friends said they don't want to go there anymore. They said they had an eerie feeling in the cinema. I was surprised. I wasn't the only one who felt uneasy in the cinema. I shared to them what I saw when they were huddling and seeing that there were only seven them. We suddenly had goosebumps. It seems like they weren't the only ones huddling back then.

Other hauntings by raphaelam9

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, raphaelam9, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
cool! I have heard that cinemas are really haunted. I guess spirits wants to watch movies too 😊
Agnet201195 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Spooky! But it was a really nice... 😁
Gladly nothing bad happened while you were watching the movie in there... Anyways thanks for sharing!
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Hi I'm from the Philippines too. Would you mind if I ask, is this somewhere in the Metro? Have you tried to do a research there might be something in the web. I was thinking, if this is famous for ghosts and all there might be something to say about that cinema. I am glad you were able to finish the movie and nothing scary happened to all of you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: