You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The House with the Old Lady

Real Ghost Stories

The House with the Old Lady

 

When I was 3 years old my parents bought their first house. I'm now 37 and have a house and family of my own. The 1st encounter I can recall is when my bother was born, I was 5 at the time and we shared a bedroom. My mother had come into the room in the middle of the night to check on him and saw an elderly women standing next to the crib.

We would experience this women on many occasions after that. We did know an elderly woman was a previous owner but that was all we had. When I was 8 my parents had a large addition put onto the home. After that it wasn't only bedroom sightings but kitchen and dining room, though never anything in the new area's of the home.

Years later when I was in my early twenties my husband and son came to the home for the first time for a weeklong visit. At this point I had never told my husband about any of the sightings. One day during our visit, we left my husband at the house while everyone else went shopping. (Mind you this was the middle of the day) When we returned he was outside sitting on the porch. He took me into the bedroom were he told me what had happened.

First he explained that he was watching TV in the older part of the home and it turned off. He turned it back and it happened again. When he went to turn it on the second time, he heard something banging on the outer wall of the home next to the TV. He wrote that off as well to a possible animal. Once the TV was back on, he heard what sounded like serial people walking in from the back door into the kitchen and cupboard doors opening and closing. He yelled at that point, "you are all back already"? No one answered and everything went quiet. By this point he had had enough and went outside to wait for our return.

I sat him down and told him of the activity in the home and also told him I would be waking him up in the middle of the night. When this happened to looking in a certain corner of the bedroom and not say a word. A couple of nights later I woke him up, he did as I had told him. After a couple of moments she was gone. I told him I would describe what he had seen. A women in her 70's, about 4"7, a dark night gown, dark gray hair in a loose bun.

His mouth fell open. I had just described what he had seen and he was without words. Since that time many things still occur and we occasionally her story's of lamps turning on by their selves and noises.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AUDRA, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
She either loved the house or she loved the family. You both grew up and you, at least, had a child and brought your husband and son back. Yet she still remained. That is how strong our emotions really are. I am glad that your family loved the house as well and stayed instead of trying to find somewhere else to live as so many do.
Thanks for this story.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Hi AUDRA. I agree with luv. If you're interested in finding anything specific about your lady, you could check the history of the house. She sounds like a gentle bystander, you don't need to worry about her. If you want her to leave, just explain to her that she doesn't belong with you and she should pass on. Ask her nicely to please leave. 😊
Ciel (2 stories) (29 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
It sounds like it is possibley a ghost repeating past events, am I to assume you don't try talking to it?
Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
Seems like she want's to stay there... You should get your house blessed 😉
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
Audra,
have you or anyone in your family ever tried to research the history of the home or land or even neighborhood? I would be curious to see what is causing her to not pass.

😉
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
Sounds like she wasn't ready to leave her home just yet. Sometimes spirits aren't willing to give up a place where they may have spent a big portion of their life. Others it is because it is a place associated with the happiest time of their life. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: