You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Emergency

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Emergency

 

I have had many experiences at the house I am going to talk about, but one in particular I feel sums up the types of events we endured while living in the house in question.

I lived in a house in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba, back from 1998-2001. Many weird ghostly things happened like noises, feeling like someone was watching you, hearing muffled talking when it was the middle of the night with nothing like a TV on or anything and so on. Portage is a small city so I had heard from others the house was haunted after we moved in.

One night I was walking down the Ave (main drag) and ran into my brother, he was a bit panicked and said he just left home because something really weird happened. He said he got home and the door to the kitchen (you have to walk through a porch where the metal door has a deadbolt and magnetic frame so it closes tight) was wide open. He took a look around and there was no one in the house, he said something still wasn't right though. A couple minutes went by and the phone rang, it was a 911 operator asking if everything was ok?! She just received a call from the house! My brother tells her, "Yes I am fine, the door was open but no one in the house." So they hang up and he leaves immediately. That is when I run into him walking around because he doesn't want to go home.

The story doesn't end there...

As I said Portage is a small city so we find out that the people who lived there before us had the same thing happen! The mom and dad were at work or something while the 2 kids, which me and my brother went to school with, went out with friends one night, the kids came home to RCMP all around the house. Apparently 911 received a call from the house, the dad is an RCMP officer so he flies to the house and no one is home but the door is wide open.

I found this out because my best friend at the time was babysat by the daughter of that family in the house. Also I can only assume when they received the 911 calls it was dead air...

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, holdyourbreath, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

holdyourbreath (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-14)
Oh I forgot to mention in response to Valkricry's post, I do not know the date of the 911 call when the other people lived there & I don't remember when it happened when I lived there. I would like to find out, it may make the research into finding an event much easier! Just not sure how to properly dig up info in past events & housing:/
holdyourbreath (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-14)
Hey everyone thanks for the comments and reading about my (my brothers) experience.

Just to clarify and answer a few questions...
*My father is NOT RCMP, the people who lived there before the dad is RCMP.
*Yes doors are always locked, Canada gives the image we don't have to lock doors? Not everyone is nice here:P
*I feel this is an intelligent haunting because of some things that happened there, in particular one night it was just me & my boyfriend (now husband) there and he was sleeping, there was this noise that sounded like change, like coins, being dumped back & forth between plastic containers, every time I would try to wake him it would stop. This felt purposeful like other incidents. They knew we were there and that I have special abilities to see & hear what most don't.

I unfortunately do not know the history of the house but I agree something bad happened. I know there is a little girl who appears to be from Victorian times... Gauging by her dress she is wearing. I saw her multiple times and would hear a little girl singing ring around the rosy once in a while.
I have tried to research it but it is very difficult to find info. If I come up with anything I will post it! I have so much info about what I experienced there but nothing fact wise from the newspaper or anything.

Also to add to this, my friends' ex-boss moved in after us and said weird things were happening to them too!
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
holdyourbreath,
Since another family had the same experience, you might wish to do a bit of research on if anything had happened there. Canada adopted 911 as its emergency number in 1972 so that gives you a starting point.
Another thing to consider would be the date your brother found the door open. From your account, I take it that this was/is not something that happens with any regularity that you're aware of. So the date might be of some significance to the event. (Yes, like all those campfire stories that begin, "It was a 100 years ago on this very night -")
On a lighter note we had a similar event here - cops showed up because someone called 911, since it wasn't me we thought lower apartment, but no one was home. Cop asked me an odd question; if they had any pets. It seems they had been receiving calls on a regular basis from a house and it turned out to be the parrot. Lol No such luck here though. Thankfully it only happened the once.
Let us know if you find anything out.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
holdyourbreath
I know my last comment had nothing to do with your story. I just wanted to bring some levity to the comments.
As for your story I agree with everyone here. At sometime in the not so distant past went terribly wrong. Since your father is/was in the RMCPD maybe he knows or can find out what did happen in that house.
Regards
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
holdyourbreath
When I lived in another house we had a couch with a phone in the armrest. My kids were watching T.V. And I thought nothing of it I was in the dining room. I get a call from the police I was on the phone that had a long cord. They asked if we needed them because they got 4 or 5 calls from our house. I know my husband and I didn't call. There sitting innocently by the arm of the couch down was my oldest son. I asked him if he had been dialing 911 and hanging up he started crying and said yes. I told the operator they may get another call from my house because he was getting the spanking of his life. She asked how old he was and I told her 3 and she told me not to go too hard on him but to give hime at least one spank for the P.D. 😆
Regards
Red.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
holdyourbreath - I agree with Hecate's theory that something bad may have happened there. I also wonder if maybe your brother needed to get out of the house at that time and this is how "they" went about making sure he left.

Considering another family experienced the same, I'm still leaning toward Hecate's thoughts.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
Holdyourbreath, being this is in Canada, do you lock your doors in that neighbourhood? I'm wondering if it's someone playing a prank. 😕
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
Holdyourbreath, great story! Do you know anything about the prior history of the house, before the last owners? It really sounds like something bad happened there. Someone has regrets they couldn't get help in time. I wonder if it is an intelligent haunting or residual. Any ideas?

Again, thanks for sharing. Best to you.
Hecate

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: