You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Ghost Friend

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghost Friend

 

I think the last time I seen the ghost was about 8 years ago when I was 9 years old. I remember the time I spent with him (male ghost) very clearly.

I lived by a small park in New Jersey for about 2 years of my life, before we move to our new home in Bensalem. The story begins when I was almost struck by a car. I felt a hand push me from behind making me fly pretty far. It was a big hand. I remember the man in the car yelled at me and drove off something like "Watch where you goin kid!". When I got off the ground, I noticed a man standing in the road. I thanked him and even though he didn't move his mouth, I heard a voice say, "I'll walk you home now." He was pretty creepy so I ran home and didn't look back at him.

I went back to the park to see him sitting on the bench. For some reason I went and sat next to the creepy man. He didn't look at me but he smiled. He was just looking at the pigeons. I said "Thanks for the other day." He looked at the ground and said something I didn't understand "No, thank you." I thought that was the oddest thing but as a child when someone thanked or praised me I began to blush. We would sit there for hours just talking. I remember he always made me think when he spoke (although that's the only line I can remember him saying) always speaking in riddles. But I didn't care. I had very little friends and the ones I did have thought I was a weirdo or crazy half the time, so I enjoyed the time I spent talking with him. He was a good listener. He would make jokes, and I remember a time where he would give me money to buy candy at a store which was awesome.

At one point I tried to introduce him to my friends. I took them to him but they claimed to be unable to see him and they ran off. I told the old man they were being rude but he didn't care. I asked him if he wanted to play a game. He looked at me and said sure. He held both his hands out. He said in one of my hands is something special, can you tell which hand it's in. I pointed at the right hand and he smiled. He gave me a small box and in it was a mirror and a picture of a boy. I turned to ask him what it meant but he vanished. I didn't even consider that this man could have been a ghost.

Later I found a scrap of paper behind the photo. It said "To my son Jeremy, when you grow up I wish you the best of luck and safety in your travels". I never saw the old man again.

Later I would learn an old man and his son were killed in a car accident right outside the park. The boy that died in the car accidents name was Jeremy and the old man John.

To this day I still have the box. I keep with with me all the time.

I know this story isn't exciting but I wanted to share it.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GluQ123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-09)
GluQ123- I thought this story was very touching... I am glad you had that man there to protect you from being hit by that car!
Charucharmy (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
it was good. Little emotional story type. I enjoyed it. You had a very good companion who was a ghost. But still dint harm you any way. May be he saw his own son in you that's y.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
GluQ123,
That was one of the sweetest stories I've read in a long time. The man probably blamed himself for his sons death. Therefore he was earthbound. He saved your life but he couldn't move on until he gave someone that box. I think about it, you may have helped someone cross over.
Regards
Red
1_2_3_A_B_C (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
That is so cool! I think it's a privilege to be able to see and talk to a spirit. And what probably caused the man to come was that you were almost hit by one, and he passed in a car accident. That was probably related to why he spoke to you and such. Very lucky also that you were not injured by that car!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: