You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Haunted House Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My Haunted House Experiences

 

I've lived in this house my whole life with my younger brother, sister, mum and dad. I'm 16 years of age now and my mind still lays set on the fact that our house is haunted. It's an old house built close to 100 years ago, quite easily the oldest in the area. We've renovated majority of the rooms but the timeworn feeling of the house remains the same. It wasn't until 5 years ago that my childhood memories of this home actually started to add up.

I was maybe 13. It was just an average school night. Made our lunches, watched TV and went to bed. My sister's room is the one next to mine and we are at the complete opposite end of the house to everyone else. I remember not being overly tired so I lay awake for a while; it wasn't until I turned over and faced the door that I was completely shocked. A small and dark figure stood in the doorway and started walking towards me. I screamed, which was completely out of character, and turned on the light. The figure disappeared and I ran out of my room crying like a baby. My parents didn't believe a word that I said, telling me to grow up but I definitely knew what I saw.

A more recent occurrence was earlier last year. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth before school when I heard my sister laughing from her room. I naturally began to laugh as well asking her what was so funny. When I didn't get a response, I took it upon myself to go check her room only to find that she had already left for school. I told everyone at school and they were as shocked as I was. I didn't tell my sister because I didn't want to freak her out.

Back when I was 4 - 5 years of age I wasn't a very good sleeper. I would spend most of my nights sitting up in bed. The thing that intrigues me most about this time is just my vivid memory of these black figures. I used to get out of bed and follow these black figures around the house. Surprisingly I wasn't afraid of them and embraced them in a way, probably because I didn't know any better. I didn't make anything of those apparitions until these strange things started happening. Making me concerned about the history of the house I live in.

One night I woke up with a jolt almost breathless, looking around the room a dark hand shot through the wall, clenching and unclenching its fist. It disappeared as fast it came; I ran into my sister's room and sat on her floor until she woke up.

My last experience I want to share is one I experienced with a few of my friends. They came over to stay the night and we were sleeping in a room at the side of the house, which we kept the Xbox. We were quite paranoid of the paranormal that night so we downloaded a "ghost hunting" app on our iPod. This was never going to work but we were just curious. We only made it a few steps out the door when we heard a noise we've never heard before. It was loud and came from the end of the hallway, sounding close to a growl if anything. We sprinted back into the room and jumped on top of each other all of us not sure whether to laugh or to cry.

There hasn't been many experiences since then but I still very on edge when I'm alone. Any ideas, questions or opinions just comment below!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cosmo1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
Hi, Ifimifimoo what kind of proof have you in regards to your similar experiences? Maybe you could submit your own story and proof, we love proof on Ygs! 😉
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
Hi, I'd wait for an experienced member on here to give you some good sound advice about what you have experienced. Sorry I cannot give any advice. Keep your nerve if you are frightened in any way ❤
Ifimifimoo (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-20)
Hey I'm about your age and that kind of is like what happened to me. I get the same feeling about being alone at night too. Nobody believed me and I even had proof.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: