You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Bones Found And A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

Real Ghost Stories

Bones Found And A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

 

First off, let me say that without Valkricy's help on this, I wouldn't be submitting my story. More on her further down.

Last Monday on Oct. 7 I was checking the KCRA 3 news app on my phone. It's how I stay up to date on the local news around here. The headline was "Police Recover Human Remains In West Sacramento" and there was a picture to go along with it. I was busy feeding my critters and glanced at the picture and decided to read the story when I was finished.

I sat down here at my computer and was going to catch up on the newest YGS stories, having nearly forgot about the newly discovered bones and the first thing that pops into my head is "they're probably Native American bones". I don't know why I thought that but instead of checking out the story, I continued to read the happenings on YGS. I finished up on here and went into the living room to catch up on the news.

When I clicked on the story and the picture popped up on my phone screen I noticed an anomaly in the picture. I wear glasses and my phone screen is small so I grabbed my magnifying glass and took a closer look. What I saw made my jaw drop. Right in the middle of the large hole in the center of the picture was what can only be depicted as a Native American man in full dress. And in color. I was shocked that I was looking at a picture of a full body apparition taken by one of our local news outlets but not shocked that it was Native American.

About an hour later, I called Channel 3 and asked the gentleman that answered the phone who was the guy in the middle of the picture. I told him it looked like a Native American and he sounded so bored with me that I asked if he was alright. He said he didn't know and he'd look at it later and we hung up. I bet he didn't look at it.

I grew up in Sacramento and West Sacramento is at the confluence of the American and Sacramento Rivers. The local Indian tribes around this area were the Miwoks, Patwins and the Maidus. The California Native Americans were some of the best basket makers in the world and until they were invaded by and nearly wiped out by the Europeans, were peaceful hunter gatherers who did a lot of trading up and down the west coast and inland.

I still wasn't sure that what I was looking at was for real and remembered that Valkricy had recently helped or mentioned helping Triden with a photo in one of her stories so I contacted Val. I sent her the photo and asked her if she could use her computer powers to confirm what I was looking at. She was in a hurry to get to work but emailed me back and told me she didn't need any computer powers to tell me that yes, it was a fully dressed Native American apparition in the picture and she would take a better look at it when she got home. And she did. And she found more. And I won't tell you what she found. I'll let you see if you can find it for yourselves.

I can't thank you enough Judy for all the help and support you've given me on this!

I am not very savvy on the computer and don't know how to upload a picture so can only provide this link for you to see it. I wasn't going to submit this at all but after talking to Val, she convinced me that it was indeed worthy of submitting. The first one is just the picture and the second one is the news article that came with it. Thanks for taking a look.

Http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/f5165edfa19bcf273643df7b3770f5690bca06dd/r=x404&c=534x401/http/cdn.tegna-tv.com/-mm-/16b55846fcbd19cfb80e1585802f498fb63b57c2/c=0-0-346-260/local/-/media/2015/10/07/KXTV/KXTV/635798271823170347-remains.JPG

Http://www.abc10.com/story/news/local/west-sacramento/2015/10/07/police-recover-human-remains-west-sacramento/73528854/

Other hauntings by babygoatpuller

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, babygoatpuller, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-04)
xlauraloux,
Thanks for posting the link. It does help to understand what is standing in that hole however in the video I didn't see anything that resembles the 'person' we see in the photograph. Weird, huh?
Perhaps the red pidp thingy was just something they jammed into the ground to mark it as 'avoid here.' But I still have to wonder, why do we see that shape, in that particular spot, and so detailed. Guess it's just another WTH file. 😊
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-04)
Oh, I understand now, xlauraloux. 😊 I actually could see the 'figure' in the original photo too, his pose and loincloth and armbands and all. I don't deny it was a little uncanny, I just thought we were probably really seeing something else; and the video clarifies what that is.
xlauraloux (20 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-04)
Hiya, no problem Miracles, I thought it would clear a few things up and also it gives a little more information about the bones found which is what a lot of the comments wanted to know 😊

Hiya WillowWaly, Sorry I mean it is only on the photo that valkricry provided that I can see the skeleton type thing between the tubes not on the video. 😊
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-04)
Oh, I had only looked at photos when I first commented. Now I've seen the video. The ribbon-like red thing seems to be the slightly curving shape of two red pieces of [insert correct term here -- PVC pipe?], bound together and curving in the same direction. It's shown from multiple angles. I don't see a skeleton anywhere.
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-04)
Thanks for the link, xlauraloux. To me, it looks like a metal slat or ruler or something of that kind on the right, with a curving red plastic tube/ribbon thing drifting off to the side. That makes sense, as there was always a silvery straight line comprising the far right of the 'figure' in the earlier photos, which made it seem less figure-like to me.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-03)
xlauraloux - thank you for finding and sharing this link with us 😊
xlauraloux (20 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-03)
Hi guys, I found this video that could clear up what the mystery of what some people are seeing machinery/ material wise

Http://m.kcra.com/news/police-human-remains-found-in-west-sacramento/35705580

So it shows that it is red tubes and white ribbon/ tape or something around the dig site, but on the photo provided I can see in between those tubes what seems to be a very tall skeleton type thing with crossed over hands, as the photo quality isn't very good I'm going to sit on the fence.

You would of thought being a news company they would use better quality equipment for when taking photos 😕

Thank you for sharing your story 😊
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-22)
My thanks also BrokenTree. I also had a hard time making out the woman. The child next to her was easier and I believe she's holding a large basket and not a pottery olla. The size is too big for a child and would have been to heavy. As you probably already know, the California Indians were masters at basket making and they were used for just about everything including cooking.

It's still difficult for me to make out his head completely Val. It seems to blend in with the background. I still think though that he's holding something in his hand. Looks like a faint stick or maybe a bow pointing off to the right.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
BrokenTree, thanks for speaking up! (Typing up? 😕) I know I appreciate a professional's input on this. To me it 'felt' as if the young man was looking down, towards his hands. I don't suppose you could hazard a guess as to a particular tribe from his mode of dress?
I'm not surprised you can't 'make out the woman in good conscience', as the duo there is fairly transparent, and I can respect your candor on that aspect.
Again, thank you.
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
I am a retired professional archaeologist. I have dug all over the US including Hawaii and parts of Canada. My specialty was the Upper Ohio Valley as I am Seneca. In my opinion that is not a piece of equipment used by construction companies or archaeologists. The red pipe or ribbon everyone sees is actually a pipe marker located on the far side of the dirt pile. To me I actually see someone standing there. I can see the breech clout, arm bands and a medallion. I can't see a head very well. I would suggest that the individual is a very young teen or someone just entering puberty. In skeletons that are sub adults it can be very difficult to determine gender. Grave goods help but they can also be off putting. I have seen females buried with (what is known as) male artifacts and vice versa. Burial grounds are often some miles away from the village in order to keep the ghosts from coming back to bother the living. In some cultures they were invited back once a year. Burials located in villages were usually because of war or someone dying during the hard winter.
Time period is difficult to determine without artifacts. Some tribes never saw a white man until the late 1500's but did trade for white goods from other tribes. Many tribes were decimated by white disease before they ever saw a white man.
To me it looks like a very young male standing there. I cannot make out the woman in good conscience.
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
I think if the object were on the forward edge of the hole, it'd cast a more distinctive shadow (see shadow of fence, and of the large tube on the left). That's the reason I have the sense it's in the hole itself and further from the camera than the two named items with dark solid shadows. But I don't know! I want the news people to answer! Lol. Or maybe if we can find an archaeologist who'd be familiar with equipment that might be used in a dig with historical value, they could identify it?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
Elrond - that is what I am seeing but couldn't think of what it is called. Thanks 😊 I, however, am terrible at seeing things in pictures, so babygoatpuller and val should take my opinion with a grain of salt LOL
Elrond (3 stories) (38 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
I really want to see the Native American, but my first impression of the central figure is a large two-wheel hand truck with two sets of thick straps dangling from the supports, with one set crossed or tied loosely toward the middle. One of the lower supports for the hand truck seems to be faintly visible behind and to the left of the bent "leg". It also looks like most of the base and wheels of the hand truck are obscured by the caution tape. I am, however, willing to entertain the idea that the hand truck is my version of pareidolia since I have used them often and took it for granted when I first opened the small photo. I am not sure either way, frankly.
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
Babygoatpuller, I actually do 'see' what you do, a humanoid figure posed just the way you describe. I just think the proportions are wrong (figure too elongated and narrow), and I honestly think it's pareidolia, which is a natural human experience. And I think people with access to better versions of the photos would have noticed it. But that's only my opinion, which could definitely be wrong. 😊
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
Tweed- I tried to get someone from the news station to take a look at it. I emailed them and called them twice and all I got were crickets.

WillowWaly- Again, I'm not seeing any kind of machinery. I see the blue post off to the right, there's a pipe on the ground to the left and right in the middle I see the Native American figure. One foot is crossed over the other one, his hands are clasped and I can see his belt or sash. I'm trying really hard to see some kind of machinery but failing miserably at it. I can see what you're not seeing but can't see what you are seeing. 😊
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
Oh lawdy, I have very little sense of what machinery would be used at a dig... 'equipment' would have been a better word for me to use. 😊 In other words, my sense is that we're seeing some object that *was* physically there at the excavation site, purpose unknown (to me).

It's so large, so front and center, that it's hard to believe many other people wouldn't have noticed it (if a seeming apparition, or just something out of place) -- particularly the photographer, who would have seen the clearest images of all.

At first I thought it looked like some metal structure, maybe part of a crane? But today it looks to me more like a pole or stake with a ribbon, as folks said earlier in the comments. By tonight, it may look like something else, haha. Who knows! Wish we could get a clearer photo.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
Is it weird that I want to see the machinery? I don't mean I don't want this to be a ghost, it's just when I first viewed the image I thought there *must* be a physical explanation. Because it's astounding nobody from the news site noticed!
Is anybody able to see this as both?
Try as I might I cannot find those ladies.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
JESUS...TOAST!

By the way, I have never seen Jesus in a slice of toast 😆 😆
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
Hey

When I looked at the picture I.immediately saw the lady on the left sitting down. It's an odd picture, because if the figure in the middle was the full skeleton, which is what it looks like to me, then it wouldn't be in one piece, the bones would be loose,scattered. Very interesting! Well done babygoat and Val ❤
Angelfe (1 stories) (6 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
huendchen - If you don't believe in it that's fine, but there's no need to be so rude and dismissive of other people's views. If you are so narrow minded, maybe this isn't the site for you.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
huendchen - everyone is entitled to their opinion; however, I don't see where anyone asked you to evaluate the picture so I don't understand your use of "You're welcome" at the end. It almost sounds, to me at least, as if you expect a thank you for something you weren't asked to do.

This comment from huendchen is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Angelfe (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
I see the Indian and the girl with the pottery, amazing! There also seems to be something next to the fence post, maybe some kind of animal like a Cougar?
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
Rook,
Since the picture was taken from the news feed, and the story only mentioned 2 skulls and "other bones', I'd think it doubtful they wouldn't have included a bit about the remains being propped up. You know the news loves their 'sensationalism' as much as tabloids do.

WillowWaly, Here's why I don't think it's machinery. I looked up machines used to dig holes, then I looked up augers and auger bits and nothing resembled or came anywhere near that item in the middle. So what type of machinery do you think it is?
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
I hate to rain on everybody's paranormal parade, but I still see a piece of machinery, composed of red and white bars, sometimes symmetrical, sometimes not. Pareidoilia explains it, IMO.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
Thanks for posting those outlines Val! Can't make out the woman sitting or the other with pottery. 😕
Don't know if this will help anyone but to me the figure in the middle looks like he's resting against the dirt mound, his knees slightly bent and hands clasped in his lap.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
I saw the outlines to the left of the wisps of color in the center, I still can't make sense of what they are but they are defiantly outlines of something that is not supposed to be there. I thought, because of the poor quality of the picture, the wisps of color were ribbons, perhaps to mark the location of the bones, didn't know they weren't supposed to be there either! Great post!
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-20)
I couldn't quite see it although it is possible I'm not looking hard enough. It didn't quite appear to me as an apparition 😭
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-20)
Val,

Can anyone be 100% certian that this picture is not actually of the remains that were found? I see the figure but I do not see a 'full body' I see bones and tatters of clothes.

I do not know why they would prop up the remains... But can that be ruled out?

I had to zoom in (using my tablet) to see what I have described...

Respectfully,

Rook
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-20)
sorry guys, didn, t see a thing apart something that looked like red ribbon tied to a plastic pipe sticking out of the ground. 😕

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: