You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My House is Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

My House is Haunted

 

I have been living in this house for 6 years now and when I first moved here I was 6. Ever since we lived there, I always saw shadows. I told my parents and they said they have been seeing them too so they asked the people who used to live there if they knew anything about this. They said an old man lived and died there. So we blessed the house but I still see shadows. Once I was in the kitchen and my little sister screamed and I asked what happened and she said her pony flew across the other side of the room. The day before yesterday, I was playing PS2 and I saw an old man looking at me from the doorway. I still see things, even from outside. Yesterday, I saw a man outside my window running around my backyard wearing all white.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

evie (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
well I have been living I'm my house for about 3 or 4 years now and I hate it and want too move I see shadows and feel breezez on me at night I see this black figure and it follows me everywhere to school to my friends to my dads whereever but it seems to come and go I see it for about 8 weeks then it goes then it comes bak its realy annoying I feel stupid cos if anyone talks about it at skool or at sleepovers I get realy scared and sometimes cry cos it just sits there and looks at me one time when I woke up it was in front of me looking at me I sometimes see it walking up my stairs I think my sister can see it too because she sometimes says she can see things or people I also think my pets can see it too they follow things around my bedroom my bedroom is always cold my mum and dad say they don't no why but I do!
Helen (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-29)
One Time I Was Taking A Shower Somebody Opened The Certain. I Didn't See Nobody But My Husband Ryan Said That Sometimes Happens To Him Too. Then one time I was sleeping and someone uncoverd me it wasn't nobody cause I was alone. Now I saw a shadow. I went outside with my nighbor and I was looking at the roof. We saw a shadow of a old lady. Now I don't really know if it is a ghost. =[
alexis (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-19)
ok, I'm 16 years old, and I have been experiencing things very much like yours. My sister and I were in my bedroom attempting to contact my dead grandmother. Well we did and she pretty much told us she is not in heaven and she is not at peace, she told us she wanted us to break the chain of our hands. Before she told us that my sister and I felt very uneasy and very unsafe. We broke the chain like she said to do. We were scared and left the light on for about an hour. As soon as we felt better about the situation we decided to turn out the light and go to ed. We were in the same bed because we were still afraid. A few minutes after the light was turned out we felt a presence. I have never been that afraid in my life. We knew it was not a good presence and we knew we were not safe. She said that she felt like it was standin there staring at us. I got a vision in my head of what it looked like. It was a tall dark figure. Very menicing and very evil. We began to say the lord prayer over and over again, I have the ability to pray in toungs, so I did that as well, I told my sister to try to do it too. Because of that it went away. I know my house is haunted and I know its evil, it hasnt gone away.
annabel (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-20)
i'm 15 and I think that you definetly have a sort of 6th sense. I hav the same felling, as my house is haunted. But luckily the spirit seems friendly, and I have only seen them once so that's good!
just be nice...
annabel x
ryan (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-16)
I also have a ghost in my home. And gues what I'm only 12 years old. I feel people waching me al the time. Wonce I was in the shower and a ghost was on the outher side of the curtain. When I go to sleep I can here a screem and its really loud. If you have a lot of scary problems you should theink about moving. I am being watched by the ghost right now. O man hes on the couch I'm really scared sometimes but pull through it man. I'm going through the same thing. Good luck.
Kathleen (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-05)
Ok I line in a farm house and I am not sure if any one died in oue house but when I am taking a shower I see things that are black flash by or when I was sitting in the living room I saw something out of the corner of my eye so I looked over and I saw a woman with long black hair and dark brown eyes she looked at me and then went up the stairs scarey
chicano457 (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-18)
hi ramiro I like to add that in order for a blessing to work it must be done by a real christian in this case a priest or pastor. but if they are in sin and so on it won`t work . its like just saying words. I suggest you get a Godly person to do a blessing to get rid of this spirits. by the way when we die we don`t come back its either hell or heaven. these shadows and or spirits it just evil spirits trying to fool you onto thinking it was a past old man that lived there. tell me if you die do you really want to live there. I mean lets say you do stay around on earth will you be sticking around your past house I don`t think so what need would you have for a house ,you are so called a ghost do you really need that couch or bathroom to go poo . its all lies its the ruler of this earth the Devil doing his tricks..........
ParOnormal (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-15)
You must have a ghost in your house but it's confusing as to what he wants exactly. Those shadows are a very common problem with people who have had paronormal encounters. Legend has it that the shadows your seeing are supposed to be remnants of a ghost's memories, haunting the house. Sounds crazy doesn't it? I had an experience with a shadow before. Very scary one too. Try and have direct contact with these ghosts, because some of them might be nice, and may need help from you. Good luck.
Sandy B. (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-09)
My husband and I have been in our house for 8 months now, and we have a ghost; or at least we are convinced we do. I am a skeptical person and do not believe in these sort of things, but now I am starting to. It seems to be happening to my husband more than me. There have been a few times where I've come home from shopping and when I come inside he had thought that I was already home because he said he heard the door shut earlier, but its never me. A few weekends ago I was out with my girlfriends and as he was alseep he heard me come in and go into the front bathroom and vomit. He got up to bring me a glass of water in the bathroom....but I wasn't home. I too come home and find that lights are on that I shut off, a chair will be pushed out or the toilet paper in the bathroom will be rolled down to the floor. Last night my husband woke up because he felt something kick him in his back from under the mattress. He thought perhaps our dog was under the bed, but he was asleep at the foot of our bed. I never hear voices and I've never seen a ghost, but I am so afraid of my house now. No one ever died there, there was only a couple who lived there for 20 years and now us. What should I do?
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-03)
Ramiro, your house is definitely haunted. I can see that whoever died there, really didn't want to leave. Whether they have an issue to fix or just want to stay, they stayed. Well, you blessed the house, right? It doesn't usually work when people do that, who knows why, but it rarely works. I don't really know what else I can tell you. Are you used to it already? It may spook you sometimes but I think that it means no harm, it probably just likes to tease you and your sister and your whole family for the matter. I think that you should be kinder and less frightened of the being stuck between Earth and God knows, heaven. Another possible explanation could be that he was sent to look over you and protect you, like a gaurdian angel, but who knows, I could be wrong. Well, what's more to say? Bye, and have a good weekend!!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: