You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost Boy

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Boy

 

I grew up in a farm house that was built in 1863. We moved to this house when I was very young. The first few years I really didn't notice anything.

When I was about 13 I had a very odd thing happen. It was during the summer and like all teenagers I liked to sleep in. It was around 8:00am and I was awaken quite suddenly. I heard a bang or thump noise which was shaking my bed. I woke up and saw a little boy about six standing at the end of my bed. He was dressed in a little black suit with a white shirt and a little tie. He had a black hat like I had seen in some old movies that children of the past wore. I looked at him kind of in shock and he kicked my bed real hard. I said "Who are you?" He kind of smiled and then kicked my bed again.

I figured my mom, who had company all the time, had a friend over and their kid had gotten away and came up to my bedroom on the second floor and was now disturbing me. It was a lazy summer day and I wasn't about to get up yet. I looked at him and said, "Go back downstairs and find your mom. I am sleeping." He kicked my bed again and being the lazy girl I was, I got a little nasty with him and yelled "Get out of here, this is my room!" He looked sad and I felt bad. I said "Don't you have anyone to play with?" He just shook his head and started walking out of my room. I said, "I will come play with you once I get dressed." At that he smiled and ran out of my room.

I dragged myself out of bed, got dressed and took about 30 minutes just getting downstairs. My mom was in the kitchen looking at recipe books and I didn't see anyone else around her. I said "Where is that little boy?" She gave me a odd look and said "What little boy?" I said "Mom, when you have company over can you please keep the kids out of my room?" My mom informed me she had had no visitors that morning and had no idea what I was talking about. I thought she was playing with me but then the look on her face was so serious.

I told her the whole story and it was while I was telling her I described the little boy's clothing it dawned on me that he was dressed from the old days. Mom and I both looked at each other and could say nothing. We talked for a long time and mom said she had seen odd things in the house since we had moved there but she felt we were in no danger.

After that I only seen him one more time and it was again early in the morning. This time I came immediately awaken but not because he had kicked my bed, it was me feeling someone was looking at me. My eyes popped open to find the boy standing by my bed again. I said "What is your name?" In a very low sweet voice he said "Adam". He smiled a big smile and walked out of my room. I jumped up to follow him around the corner to the hallway but he was gone.

I used to ride my horse down the country roads and along the way was a very old graveyard. Here I would stop to water my horse with a old pump handle well. I don't even know why but I was drawn to a few very old looking headstones on the edge of the grave yard. I walked over there and noticed they all had the same last name, "Brown". They had all died on the same day, nine graves from the 1860's. I began reading the stones and all but two were children, there was a mother, a father and seven children. On one of the stones there was the name "Adam Brown". His birth date and death date made him six years old. I felt the hair raise up on the back of my neck. So this was Adam. I felt so deeply that Adam was right there next to me while I read that stone.

There was a very old man that lived next door to our farm so I went to find out if he knew how they had all died. He did know because his family dated back to the early 1800's in the area. He said they all died in a terrible fire. The entire family died.

I never seen Adam again but I know in my heart that it was Adam Brown, just looking for someone to play with.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zolamontana, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-17)
This is such an interesting story.
I just have a question: was that old house built on the same grown of the burned down house or do you think Adam followed you home after one of your horseback rides to the cemetery?

Thanks for sharing and welcome to YGS.
matrix899 (1 stories) (66 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-16)
Wonderful story; thanks for sharing.

What jumps out about this story is the fact that he responded to your question and spoke just like a normal person. I am thinking this is very rare, but not unique, I have come across this in other stories. It seems that the ghosts of some children tend to linger.

It all adds to the mysteries of the paranormal. Who knows, maybe one day some of these mysteries will no longer be mysteries.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: