You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Shell

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Shell

 

This is my first story and is going to be hopefully a thorough account of everything that's happened up until tonight. I also want to preface this that this story overlaps with sensing and seeing spirits directly. I didn't know which site to put it on so I sincerely apologise if it's in the wrong place. It's a weird hybrid.

I moved into this house in Hosston, LA about five years ago. It's old. About 100 or more years old. There's been a lot of lore and local talk, as well as my mom who did research, that the house was built in about 1910, and the first family to live in it got scarlet fever. The mother was taking care of them and then one day the house burned down. She knocked over a kerosene lamp. They then built and exact replica of the house from the shell that survived the fire. It's been moderately updated but mostly original insides and what not.

When we first visited before we moved in around 2011, I remember telling my mom's girlfriend that my brother's future room had oppressive gravity as I defined it. It felt like something was weighing the air down.

Fast forward until we moved in, the first night my mom hears people talking and walking around the house. Went to check with her girlfriend and nothing. I remember stepping foot into the attic and feeling slightly unwelcome. When I went to sleep that night, something was watching me at the top of the stairs. I could feel two eyes watching me. They felt yellow and feline.

The next thing I remember was my best friend was spending the weekend with me, and my family was downstairs smoking cigarettes on the porch with the dogs, and my mom was cleaning. All the doors swung open at the same time. Even the attic ones. After that things got fairly quiet.

Later on, I was alone in my room, and my iPod dock turned itself on. It was plugged in and fairly easy to rationalize. I turned it off. Turned itself back on. I unplug it and walk away. Repeat.

After that, my brother had an experience where he communicated with a spirit through a lamp. It was one of those things that a certain number of taps changed the brightness so a certain level was yes and no. He apparently got enough information that he was communicating with a dead woman, mid twenties, who killed herself.

The next time anything communicated with anyone was me in my room one night. I was watching Netflix or possibly just trying to sleep. My door pushed open and it got colder. I heard an older woman say hello. I froze. I remember being so terrified. I just froze. This happened a few more times. Typically at times it was when I was sick and or really sad. Just hello. Nothing more.

Generally, whispers in the vents and corners are kind of normal, creaks, taps, pops, etc. I'm cool with that. But it's gotten different. Ever since we've been talking about moving it's gotten more active. It knows we're leaving.

The whispers are louder. They come through more clearly. It's just conversation I can't quite make out. Any taps are repeated and patterned. One tonight was five in a row. Also, there have been shadow bodies and faces in windows, and also around me. They're just moving. Maybe it's my glasses, the night, the lack of light, imagination, or some combination or something else.

But I saw a woman with a veil. She was right beside me. Nothing happened, she was just there. I've never seen her before. I don't think anyone has.

I would just like to close this to say I've never felt fearful of my house or anything/one in it. I've just noticed it's getting more active or maybe I'm accepting the fact that I can communicate? Or is it my house?

I will end this by saying I have more stories that detail a life of weird things happening to me throughout my life, in different houses, at different times.

Spinning water bottles, more Hello's, something moving hanging cast iron. I don't know. I honestly don't know what to do. I have been checked for mental disorders. I have OCD, depression, social anxiety and General Anxiety Disorder. I do wear glasses. I don't know if these matter, but hey, might as well include it. If you can think of anything that might help I would greatly appreciate it.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tcameryn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-22)
The house may have been built on bad land - either funky feng shui like the crystal or water already mentioned, an energy vortex or maybe old burial grounds that people had forgotten about.

Probably layers of energy happening here - the 'hello' lady was probably from the scarlet fever time, along with the veiled lady (funeral), the whispers probably from the water/quartz (if any), etc.

The cat thing I'd put down to a guardian thing (like captured to protect a burial ground) maybe. I'm sure any type of cleansing will probably not work, funky vibes, sounds like.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-20)
Whoops, sorry OCgirl! That'll learn me to speed read the comments! Didn't realise you already concluded about the hello woman's comforting angle. 😊
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-20)
Hi there Tcameryn,

Based on some recent events I experienced I'm going to suggest the recent influx of activity is connected to your moving. Perhaps these ghosts have become accustomed to you guys and are a little anxious about who might live there next.

The feline yellow eyes you felt on you, this is very interesting. There's been a few submissions on here describing a feline entity with yellow eyes. I'm going to assume this was a protective 'nature spirit' who, for whatever reason, feels called to action and is on the alert for what it perceives as possible trouble. It may have been sussing you out. I wouldn't worry about that, I'd say that's a good entity to have around.

The woman who said hello, feels connected to the history you described. Perhaps finding you in bed she assumed you needed comforting somehow.

The lamp ha! What a blast from the past! We had one of those touch lamps with a few brightness/dimmer settings. Never thought of using it to communicate with ghosts, that's a pretty neat idea! The box ours came in said 'touch me to turn me on' oh, did we have fun with that tagline! Personally I'd take the 'story' this particular lamp touching ghost told with a pinch of salt, but that's just me. I like a bit of evidence before I believe what an unknown says. Not saying this individual wasn't honest, just keep an open mind to be on the safe side.

Sounds like you have quite a few ghosts active at the moment and for the most part they seem pretty well intended. The cat, however, must be active for a reason, maybe not a bad ghost reason, but some negative reason. Could even be as simple as someone who comes through your house with negative energy, one of you or your family members or one of you or their friends.

Redwolf raises some great points about quartz and stone too!

Thanks for sharing.
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-19)
Hi tcameryn

What an interesting home to have been in. Regarding the "Hello" lady, you said this has occurred when you've been sick or sad, my impression is this is somebody that perhaps had sympathy for you. Maybe a relative or just someone who felt your emotions & cared enough to say hello. Kind of nice as long as it doesn't scare you!

-OCGirl
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-19)
Welcome to YGS. Its a quite a variety of experiences. I want to say that can you describe that lady in the veil? How it looked? Please do reply. The seeing of faces in the windows is really horrible and communicating with a dead lady is much more creapy. Your story gave me goosebumps.

Thanks for reading! 😊 😊
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-19)
tcameryn

Welcome to Y.G.S.

I have a few questions. Aside from the house being 100 years old do you have any water source ie: a stream or pond on your property. Is the foundation made from stone such as sand stone or any oher porous rock? Do you have a lot quartz crystal rocks on the property? The reason I ask these questions is that these things "record" the past. It sounds like you have both residual and intelligent hauntings going on in that house. A residual haunting is one where they do not interact with people and do pretty much the same thing every day, such as the whispered conversations. An intelligent hauntig the spirits will interact with you. For example repeating the knocking. Since nobody has been harmed I would not worry about it. You can do a cleansing/shielding on your home but this will only rid you of bad spirits and leave any good spirits unharmed. You can tell the spirits that they are not coming with you when you do move.

Regards
Red

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: