You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hauntings In New House Part 1

Real Ghost Stories

Hauntings In New House Part 1

 

I'm Sweet sunshine. I've been reading experiences on this site for months and decided that its time to post mine. I'm 16 years old currently and started experiencing the paranormal since I was 8.

Our family moved to Ranchi (capital of Jharkhand state) in 2008. A few weeks later my dad rented a nice spacious house for us and we moved there. The first few months went normally but after my grandpa (mom's dad) died in August, things started happening.

First occurrence:

One night, I was sleeping with my mom and dad in the bedroom, when suddenly I woke out of nowhere and heard someone walking in the living room and the chairs being moved there. I thought maybe I'm imagining it and fell asleep.

A few days later when I narrated these to my parents, my dad went pale and said he'd heard it once too. One night he's working on his laptop beside us and around 2:30 am or so he heard the same sound. He thought maybe he had heard the landlady's (she lived just beside us) chairs moving, and carried on his work. But then realised she had gone to the USA just a few days ago and can't come back so soon. He then rushed to check if his mom had fallen there while going to the toilet and found her sleeping soundly. He checked the living room and what he saw shocked him. The chairs were really moved a bit like someone had moved them to sit. I asked him why he haven't told us before, he said he didn't want to scare us.

Second occurrence:

One afternoon I was painting in the living room when suddenly, from the corner of my eye, I saw someone walk towards the kitchen. I looked up and what I saw chilled me to the bones. It was a transparent figure of a man walking towards the kitchen. He then looked up at me, he had no face just holes for eyes. He watched me just for a few seconds but it felt like eternity. He then walked through the kitchen door and disappeared. I screamed for my parents and when I narrated them, they brushed it off as my imagination.

Third occurrence:

We were watching a movie once and went to bed late at night. As we were proceeding towards our bed, I had to use the toilet so I stayed back and finished my business. As I was washing my hands, I looked up and saw a rotten corpse was staring at me from the ceiling. I screamed for my parents and narrated them what happened. They, of course, didn't believe me and said I imagined it because we watched a scary movie.

As we were proceeding towards our bed, mom and dad went pale and were huffing and puffing and were gasping for breath. I prayed to God to stop this and after they calmed down a few seconds or so later, they said they smelled a horrible stench of rotten flesh.

A few weeks later, when our landlady came back and we narrated her the incidents, she asked us the date of the third occurrence. As we replied, she said it's the date and time of her late husband's death, as she too on this day have felt the stench before. She then showed us a photograph of her husband and he's the same man I've seen in walking towards the kitchen and in the toilet.

I have many more occurrences to share but that's for another time. I'm sorry if the story's too long.

Have a good day!

Best wishes and regards,

Sweetsunshine1800

Other hauntings by sweetsunshine1800

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sweetsunshine1800, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-17)
Hello Meghna,

Look so much common we have πŸ˜‰ I also remember only three paras of Hanuman Chalisa and recite it when I'm scared and just run from there πŸ˜†

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-17)
Hi Sonali,
Honestly, its hard to go alone anywhere after watching a horror movie.
I murmur "HANUMAN CHALISA" (Only 3 para I know)
😜 and walk fast πŸ˜†
Good to know I have a company to get scared too πŸ˜†

Regards
Meghna
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-16)
Hello maggirockz13,

I'm a horror fanatic too. I just love watching or reading what you've mentioned leaving the crime ones as I'm not a fan of crime fictions. But after that it's hard to go to the bathroom πŸ˜†

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-16)
Hello SweetSunshine1800,
Good to know you left that creepy house.
Oh, So you are also scaredy cat like me, πŸ˜† good to know I'm not alone. 😜.I love watching horror movies and in my family its only me who loves horror movies, crime novels, paranormal stories and all. I can watch alone, but after the movie is over, I'm scared to even switch off the lights and go to bed alone. I'm brave enough to watch but not brave enough to sleep alone after that. πŸ˜†

Regards
Meghna
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-16)
Hello maggirockz13,

Thank you so much for welcoming me 😁 Yeah I know they were scary occurrences, as I'm myself creeped from these even though we left the house for years. And I'm no bravado, I'm literally a scaredy cat πŸ˜‰

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-16)
OMG!...
Your third occurrence creeps me 😐,
Sorry, for welcoming you so late.
A Very warm welcome to YGS.
Hope you never see that Man and that view again.
You are a strong heart, because after seeing that man in that bathroom I would have collapsed, seriously.
😜

Regards
Meghna
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-22)
Hello RedWolf,

Thanks for your comment.

In this house, the paranormal isn't as much active on this floor but on the one above us. It has an abandoned cloth factory and the whole area is deserted (why I don't know) . One can hear disembodied footsteps walking, running, jumping or someone playing with marble balls even late at night. We've tried talking to the spirit that you don't belong here, don't make noises it's scaring us but maybe it seems adamant.

Again thanks for your tips. I shall definitely keep them in my mind 😊

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-22)
Sweetsunshine

I am happy that you have me as one of your favorite posters.

I am glad you are out of that house and I hope that you find peace in your current home. Here are a few tips.

If you hear someone knock on your door late at night do NOT open your door unless you ask who it is first. If you don't get an answer do not open the door,it's like an invitation for a spirit to enter. Also if you have a Welcome mat turn it around so that Welcome is what you see when you leave the house or just get a plain door mat. The reason for this is if a visitor (spirit) sees a Welcome mat facing it the spirit will think it can just walk in. You can also tell a spirit that it is your house and it isn't welcome and you want it to leave. You have to be stern and let it know you don't want it there and it should leave.

Regards
Red
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-21)
Hello RedWolf,

Thank you for reading my experience. It feels great to have a comment from one of my favourite posters here 😁

Thanks for your concern and I know Rook and his method of cleansing and shielding. We have left that house many years ago and where I live now, it doesn't have that much hauntings as before. I don't feel threatened as of now but if I will, I shall definitely consider his method.

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-21)
sweetsunshine
Or you could just go to your favorite posters and click on his name. I just checked your profile and I see that he is one of your favorite posters. πŸ˜†
Regards
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-21)
Hello sweetsunshine Welcome to Y.G.S.
It sounds like you have a lot of unwanted spirit activity. We have a member named Rookdygin who has an excellent method for cleansing/shielding on his profile page. Many members have used his method with great success. It will not get rid of any positive spirits such as guardians but will send negative/malevolent spirits packing.
Go to Profile for rookdygin by clicking on my name to get to my profile then look at my favorite posters and click on his name. And follow the directions as it takes several days to complete and may need to be repeated, sometimes spirits will come back or will refuse to leave if you don't do the cleansing/shielding completely.

Regards
Red
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-19)
Hello Ashar,

Thanks for taking your time to read my experience 😊. Yes, I was so scared and worried about my parents at that time.

Actually our landlady told us he had cancer (which type I don't remember now) and maybe some bed sore and that rotting stench was maybe of that. This spirit claimed the life of my grandparents but how you'll get to know that soon
πŸ˜‰.

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-19)
Well no need to feel sorry and you write so well. The experience of seeing a rotten corpse is scary like hell. And what happened with your parents could have been disastrous. Maybe the landlady's husband didn't like someone else's presence in his house. Can you please share that how did he die?

And do share your other experiences here.

Thanks for sharing! 😊
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-19)
Hello rbasireddy,

Thanks for reading my experience 😊. Yes they were truly terrifying experiences for me but that's just the beginning. I have many more experiences to share here.

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
rbasireddy (11 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-19)
Hi, those are pretty much scary for a 8 year old. Good to know that you are not harmed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: