You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Night of the Eclipse

Real Ghost Stories

The Night of the Eclipse

 

Last August, as some may remember, there was a total eclipse of the moon. I am not sure which parts of the world it happened in but I know that it was supposed to happen on the west coast at 3:00 in the morning. My boyfriend and two roommates had all been looking forward to it for a long time because there hadn't been a lunar eclipse in our town since I was in the third grade (I was 19 when this eclipse happened) so we decided to make a night of it and kind of make it a special occasion. We all had the next day off so we had dinner and a few drinks.

At about 1:00 in the morning we left to go for a walk and figure out where we were going to watch from. First we decided to try our roof but once we got up there, we noticed that you couldn't see the moon past the trees, so we all started to climb back down the ladder. Now I am terrified of heights. Once I get up on the roof I am like a caterpillar, I can't stand I just wiggle around. So my boyfriend decided to go down first so he could catch me if I started to panic and fell (which was highly likely). My roommate held the ladder from the top. While I was going down, I looked through the window into our living room (the ladder was in front of the window). On the other side of the room there is another window the same size so they face each other. The curtains on the opposite window were closed and the lights were off.

This is where it gets weird. I stopped because I saw a shadow on the curtains on the other window. At first I thought it was my own shadow but it was so big. So I started to wave one of my arms but the arm on the shadow didn't move! Then I realized that the lights were off so there really couldn't be a shadow from me anyways. I was just staring at it while everyone was trying to talk to me then all of a sudden the shadow raised one of its hands in a fist and then started to walk towards me. It looked like it was walking in slow motion but it was still moving across the room fast. I got so scared I let go of the ladder and fell. I was caught and not hurt but I was so shaken up I started to cry. I went towards the street and then once everyone got there and I said what happened, they said it might be a good idea just to go for a walk and stay out of the house for a while.

We walked to the park watched the eclipse then headed home. Once we got back we were sitting there watching The Colbert Report and all of a sudden one of my roommates turned to my boyfriend and said "When your uncle was alive did he used to agree with people a lot but then add something to what they said?" (Weirdest question to ask about the man I know - If anyone has an idea of what this might mean please please let me know). Well my boyfriend looked at her and was like "Well yeah I guess so. He used to kind of like go "Oh yeah your right but..." then add something". Well my roommate started crying and just got up and left the room.

The next morning her boyfriend (who also lives there) was sitting with us watching tv while she was still asleep. We asked him what her deal was and he told us that she saw a man sitting in the chair next to my boyfriend and he kept interrupting her thoughts. She would think something then she would hear him say "Oh yeah your right but..." Then add something. Apparently when she asked my boyfriend that question, the ghost did the same thing but then added something scary which is what made her cry. Apparently she wouldn't even tell her boyfriend what he said. All she would say was that he told her to ask that question and then got really mad when my boyfriend answered.

I still get scared when I think of that night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ZombieKiller, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BCEagles25 (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
Out of all the stories I've read this one interests me the most.

So, was the uncle getting into her thoughts and speaking in her head?

What scares me though is the part with the clenched fist. Also, that voice must have said something pretty powerful to make her run away in tears.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-17)
Hi Terryberry. I wonder if that shadow you saw coming towards you as you climbed down was your boyfriend's uncle as your roommate said. Why would it be his uncle? Did your boyfriend's uncle live there before he died? I wonder how he was able to enter her thoughts. Hmmmm...
Well in my opinion, I think that if this being continuously does things that hurt people, how is that unintentional? Sounds pretty hateful to me.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
Terryberry (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-02)
Believe it or not on new years eve I finally got her to tell me about it. Aparently it isn't really interupting her thoughts it was more like she will hear a voice when no one it talking(my bad messing up telling that one haha). Not only that she said that she has been hearing it more and more AND my other roommate hears it now too. The only time they really hear it though is when my boyfriends says something and an unknown voice will answer him.

She was telling me about it and all of a sudden my other roommate (her boyfriend) came up and was like "oh are you guys talking about the voice? I hear it all the time too it likes to talk to charlie(my boyfriend)" which totally shocked me that he hears it because they never said a word of it to me or my boyfriend since the night of the eclipse.

One other thing that happened the other night was we had a group of people over and at one point before anyone got there I was brushing my teeth and I heard a very loud cough right in my ear. I turned around and no one was there. Later that night 3 more of our friends mentioned hearing a cough in their ear when they were in the bathroom only to open the door and look around and find no one.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-02)
terry
I think the frustration a spirit who is trying to communicate may cause that spirit to do things that are not always civil. I don't think the spirit was trying to burn your friend with hot candle wax but just trying once again to get a connection any way he could. Again as I say about all unwanted spirits and even the ones that are not a threat, they must move forward to the Light. I also believe this won't happen if a spirit is determined to stay earthbound and in that case a cleansing is required to get rid of it. Doesn't mean it will go to the Light just means you can get it to leave you alone. Goes along with the professional theory that people are haunted not places.
mcrgirl623 (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-31)
thats creepy but how did he interupt her thoughts? I want to know what that's about
but did she tell you what he said that was scary?
lilliluv (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-30)
terryberry,
tell your friend that if their is ever a spirit she wants to leave to say 'In the the name the lord Jesus and the Holy Ghost I command you to leave' if she believes in what shes saying the spirit will get outta there
Terryberry (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
Yeah basically she has had the least except for my boyfriend nothing happens to him ever haha. She has told me before taht she and her 2 sisters have some of the abilities that her mom has but I am not sure which ones.
cheetahgirl27 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
Wow, that story freaked me out! Your room-mate must have been very scared! Tell her not to worry! 😁 ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
That is interesting, Terry. So, am I reading this right and the daughter of the psychic has the LEAST amount of experiences there? I guess that goes to show that parentage does not make for a favorite communicator. Huh. We need an emoticon for "thinking".
Is that roommate also psychic? If so, has she tried to free the entity(ies) from your apartment?
Terryberry (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
The thing about my roommate that scared me the most is that in our very very small town there is one well known psychic and it is her mom. Her job is to actually go to houses and contact the dead, read tea leaves, hold workshops etc... She can tell you things about yourself that you have never told anyone. She even told a lady she was pregnanat once which made the lady go buy a pregnancy test and it tested positive(even though aparently they used pretection) she had no idea she was pregnnant. Which is why I thought that of all of us my roommate would be the one who was kind of used to that stuff and would be the least freaked out by it but she still won't say anything. I don't know if she experienced anymore because she refuses to say anything. It seems almost like she is afraid something will happen if she does tell us.
We have had a lot of other experiences but they mostly just happen to me and my other room mate. Some things that happen are good some arent so good. Like sometimes we will be looking for something and we will leave the room and come back and find it sitting on the counter, but then sometimes cupboard dorrs will fly open and hit me or my roommate in the face or other painful things. Just last week and burning candle randomly flew off a shelf and got hot wax all over roommate. I don't know if we have two ghosts or just one that switches personalities from good to bad.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
Hello TerryBerry,
This is a true thought provoking story here. You know, I think your roommate must have been hearing your boyfriends uncle for a while, only she needed the proof that it was him. So she asked for verification in the best way that she knew how. You are right. That is an odd question to have come out of nowhere.
It would be interesting to know what the uncle said to her, it would also be interesting to find out if the shadow person you saw earlier was that of your boyfriends uncle. If so, it would seem as if he were a bit... Testy.
I think you should grill the roomie. Ask if she remembers more of that night than you do, maybe now that this much time has passed she may feel more comfortable about sharing it.
Thank you for your story.
WhitePupil (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
How very odd, I suppose the ghost was offended by your boyfriend's answer! I've heard there will be another eclipse this february, you should try to see if anything weird happens then. Maybe try to contact this ghost and ask some questions?

Peace! ❤
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
Hello Terryberry, This was a very interesting story, it leaves a person wondering. I don`t know about you but I would have been trying to find some answers. Thanks for sharing.

FRAWIN
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
That doe sound like a very frightening night.

Do you have any occurances now? Have you had any occurances since the night of the eclise?

God Bless
frenchpoet (10 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
That is really weird. I'm curious as to what your boyfriend's uncle said to her... And I'm guessing he was the shadow you saw? Have you ever had any other experiences dealing with that? This story is creepy. I wouldn't have gone back into that house, you're brave. Lol

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: