You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Of A Little Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of A Little Girl

 

I grew up in a home in Long Island, NY that my parents purchased from two older women that lived there for many years. I was about 5 years old at the time, and like so many young children, I would get scared and run through the house to my parents bedroom in the middle of the night to sleep with my parents. One night, just as I was about to enter my parents bedroom, an apparition of a little girl appeared in the doorway of the spare room at the end of the hallway several feet away. The apparition was a faceless blueish-white vapor in the form of a little girl, maybe 4 or 5 years old and wearing a "Shirley Temple" style of short dress common in the 1930's and 1940's. She floated to the threshold of the spare room and stopped as if to see who was coming down the hallway. Mortified, I dove into my parents bed and under the covers I went. Of course, when I told my mother about my experience the next day, she thought I just had a wild imagination and dismissed it.

Many years later, when my mother passed away, I was visiting with my father. I was then in my mid twenties. There were some strange occurrences in the house the night she passed away (another story), and we got into a discussion about ghosts and the afterlife. My father was a total non-believer. I told him of my experience of seeing the little girl apparition as a child and his expression changed and he turned white as a sheet. He told me that the old ladies he bought the house from had a little girl that passed away in the house due to polio. Because the house was well priced and was a great deal and he was a total skeptic about hauntings, he purchased the house and never told my mother about the death in the house. He was shocked to learn of my experience with seeing the little girl. That experience has been with me all of my life and definitely made a believer out of me.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChuckFL, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

brighteyez (9 stories) (21 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-13)
Thank you for sharing your experience, I can relate to this as well I also live on long island and I have had many experiences in my house. I am glad that your father clarified that there was a little girl who died in the house.
pokemon_trainer (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-02)
Hi ChuckFL,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I'm very intrigued by the apparition that you saw; you describe it as a blueish white vapour, and I find that interesting because a lot of the experiences I've read about have described apparitions appearing as black or shadowed. I think that your experiences is an amazing example of paranormal activity in the form of a residual haunting, and I'm really glad you've shared it with us.

Best wishes,

Pokémon_trainer
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-19)
I feel that the ghost of the little girl has to be a residual haunting (Only if it didn't affect/effect anything/any event to you/your family or the surroundings)
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-19)
ChuckFL - Did you wake up feeling frightened and running to your parents' room or were you just simply nervous of being alone in the dark?

Did you have a sibling sharing the room with you, or sleeping in another room for that matter or were you an only child?

I'm asking these questions because being alone in a dark room in itself can be scary for a young child.

Here I also echo Argette's question to you.

My younger sister refused to sleep in her own bed, let alone her own room and after my father's death she slept with my mother for years. My father passed when she was two years old and I was nine. She has never in her life experienced anything supernatural and to this day does not believe in anything supernatural.

I'm simply making an example of my sister because she was not prepared to sleep in a bed alone in the dark and yes she was also a big clingy. I am not saying that this was the case with you but am also curious to know why you went to your parents at night.

Seeing the apparition of the little girl is very interesting but not surprising once you heard the history of the house. Did you only see her on that one occasion or did you ever sense her presence afterwards?

I apologise for throwing all these questions at you but I'm really interested to know the circumstances surrounding your nightly activities 😊

Regards, Melda
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-18)
Chuck, do you recall the scary things that woke you up? Typical kid's nightmares, or something specific to your room? Just curious...

Thanks for posting!
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-18)
ChuckFL--Sounds like you had a fantastic encounter with a ghost! The encounter you had is a typical (although I know it doesn't feel typical when its happening!) apparitional event.

Although brief, events like the one you describe, etch themselves deeply in our memories. That your dad later revealed that a little girl had indeed died in that house was a thrilling bit of validation! Thanks for sharing your vivid and engrossing account and welcome to YGS.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: