You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: What's in a Dream

Real Ghost Stories

What's in a Dream

 

From the age of 7, I have had what I always assumed to be dreams of dark shadows, they would be beside my bed, and I was and have always been terrified of them. Everything would be just as it was when I went to sleep, so at first I didn't realize I was dreaming. I couldn't move or look away from them, I could hear myself scream and wondered why my mother didn't come to help me, But in time I realized I was dreaming.

Although they were just dark shadows, I always felt I knew what was a male form and what was female, and I had the feeling they wanted to hurt me, over the years I'd fear going to sleep in case I saw them and still to this day I have trouble sleeping.

A psychic once told me that I'm not dreaming, that I have a gift, and these dark shadows are actually spirits trying to make contact with me, the reason I was unable to move was because I had left my body and for a time was one of them and that's why I was able to see them, and that I shouldn't fear them, that I should listen to them, ask them what they want.

I didn't once mention these dreams to her, so as skeptical as I was, I thought to myself, what if she is right, I had to give it a try, maybe my fear of these shadows or spirits, as she had put it, was for nothing, so I slept with the light off until a month or so later I had one of my dreams, I had the worst one I have ever had, I was so scared but I forced myself to stay sleeping, I asked this thing what it wanted but this time the shadow came right up to my face and I saw different colours because it was moving so quickly like a flame swirling around, this thing whatever it was seemed angry, that's what I felt from it, so I tried as hard as I could to wake up and when I did, I felt worn out and my body was tingling, like it was a big effort to wake up and for the rest of the night I stayed awake too terrified to fall back asleep in case I fell back into the dream.

On one occasion I had fallen asleep watching tv and I had the dream even though the lights were on, this had never happened to me before, I hadn't realized I had fallen asleep because the movie I was watching was still playing, but this time they weren't dark shadows, they were a clear fuzz, and I didn't feel scared at first, they seemed like they were so gentle and peaceful, I felt like they were trying to help me.

I had come out of my body, they seemed to be guiding me, but I was sinking through the ground and somehow I knew they were trying to show me how to move above the ground, how to stay up, they were trying to hold my hands to help me up but when I looked over at my body on the couch, they had surrounded it, that's when I got scared, because I remembered what the psychic had told me, she said that not all these spirits are good, some will lie, some will try to prevent me from going back into my body and if they did then I wouldn't wake up, and at the time I had laughed at her thinking she was going over the top with this so called spirit story, but when I saw them surrounding my body, I thought oh no, this is what she was talking about, so I willed myself to stay above the ground and move back toward my body, and forced myself once again to wake, but when I saw the movie I had been watching was still going at the same part I had seen in my dream, I was even more scared, It was like I hadn't missed anything.

I still have these dreams from time to time but not as frequently.

I have been told from other psychics about these dreams I have, and about my psychic ability. Ten years ago my sister came to me with the news that she was pregnant and on that day, I had a quick vision, I saw my sister sitting on a white chair alone, crying next to a white coffin with pink and white flowers on it, so I told our mother that my sister was having a girl and that she was going to die.

My mother got mad at me and told me to keep it quiet. She always thought these visions I had had from a young age, was just me making curses come true, she thought by me saying something that I was just putting a curse on someone. But my mother ended up telling my sister and the rest of the family, and it became a topic of discussion for weeks until we forgot about it.

My niece died when she was 10 months old, from a rare genetic condition. Her coffin was white with pink and white flowers on them, and the only thing that was different was my sister wasn't sitting alone. She came to me the day after the funeral and she said, I didn't pick the the pink and white flowers or the coffin, my mother in law did.

I have seen so many things that have come true, pregnancies, deaths, accidents, sickness and heartbreak. I have feelings of dread but I just never know who or what its about, but 9 times out of ten something happens.

Sometimes my family have asked me, what's going to happen to them, and do I see anything good or bad in their lives, but I can never tell them, because I don't know. These visions can come out of nowhere. I don't will myself to see or feel things.

But it's been years since I saw anything, these visions seemed to have gone. I rarely even feel the feeling of dread anymore.

In saying all of this, I still find it hard to let myself believe I have a gift, I laugh at other people that tell me they get visions and dream of things that come true. I still won't let myself believe that my dreams were actually spirits trying to contact me, its only when I have them, for the rest of that night I'll believe that they were spirits but by morning I laugh at myself and think I'm a fool for believing it.

There are times where I will question it. I have people telling me that they are sure I have some kind of gift, but I just don't know. I don't know if I want it to be real or not.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, whitelight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitelight (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
Also, to Ramzey, my star sign is cancer.

Whitebuffalo, I think the way you describe what is happening with me makes a lot of sense. If those shadows are actually my guides, which I'd like to believe, then I would like to find out more on how to understand it all. Do I try to communicate with them, and how?
I have friends that tell me they come to me when they are sad or emotionally broken, or even angry, because I have a way about me that calms them down, they say they leave feeling lifted as though I gave them a strength, and that I always know exactly what to say.
A palm reader once told me that people find comfort with me, as do animals, stray animals will find their way to me, and it seems he's right, most of my pets have been strays, and they've all been very good animals, like their previous owners gave them a lot of love. They all seemed well looked after, but I could never find the owners. A bird was sitting waiting in front of my garage, it was a dove but I couldn't save it, as hard as I tried, it died two days later, my cat, came to my door and she never left, my dog who has sinced passed, jumped into my car when I opened the door. Could it all be connected? I don't know. Reading what other people experience, or the opinions they have, help it to seem more real for me, like its ok for me to believe it myself. The more I read what you all have to say, the more convinced I am, that I may just have something. So thank you all again, for helping me to better understand it.

whitelight xxx
kaylor123 (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
aunty stacy I'm real scared about that because I even get scared like someones watching me in the doorway of y room it might sound stupid I think I have a gift aswell I just get dreams and they come true because before you went to queensland I had alote of dreams about me and you being on a plane and there being a storm and I had no idea where you were going and then on that one day when you came back from that plane the plane dreams just stopped
whitelight (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
i want to thank you all for your comments, I have have felt at times that someone is watching over me, that I have a protector. There are some things that have happened to me, where a quick change of my mind or dropping my phone could possibly have saved my life. I was in my car with my one of my neices at a set of lights, waiting for the light to turn green, I was in a rush, so I stared at the light, ready to make my turn as soon as I got the green, but just before it did, my phone rang, I picked it up, then dropped it, as I leaned down to pick it up, the lights changed, and the car behind me tooted his horn, but as I sat upright, and put my foot on the excelerator, a big truck came speeding through a red light, had my phone not have rang that day, I would have went through and been hit drivers side on, and more than likely we both would have been killed, judging by the speed at which the truck was travelling. I sat there stunned for a minute, but I thanked whoever it was that day that was watching over me, I beleieve everything happens for a reason.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
WhiteBuffalo says it brilliantly, I can not say I have experienced anything along the lines of what you are stating, but, I do believe you have a very special and blessed gift. Sometimes our gifts not only bring us pleasure and joy, but they can bring grief and pain. You have grown and remain stronger for having these 'visions'.

Embrace the reality of your gift and blessings. Be who you are intended to be.

Thank you for sharing your story,
God Bless!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
I, like WB believe you have quite a gift. I believe that the gift that you recieve is tailored around what a person can accept. You can accept this gift as long as it comes to you in the dream state, that way it doesn`t interfere with your concept of reality. You need to come to a happy medium(no pun intended) between your gift and your life or you won`t be comfortable with either. You have a God given gift, learn to use it. Take Care and God Bless.

FRAWIN ❤
McKnee (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
Hi whitelight,

I think what you are experiencing is astro projection. I have experienced this myself from time to time since I was a child and it is really scary when you don't understand what is happening. Astro projection can happen when you are asleep or awake, but mostly when you are asleep. You leave your body and go into the astral plane, were you can meet other entities. Some of these are good and bad, and the good ones will always try to help you, the bad ones will try to trick and mislead you, so if this happens again, you must tell the bad ones to go away and shout for help from a good entity. I have been told even if the good entity isn't near by, they will come to your aid because they must help us if requested. Please don't be scared.

Another thing is, time doesn't move the same in the astral plain, something that can seem like days can only last a few seconds in the real world, this could be why you felt you hadn't missed much of the movie.

People who are experienced in astro projection can actually travel the world in just a few seconds, they can see things they haven't seen before and go to places they have never been. I once visited my friends town and house without realising it, and he lives in Holland, I live in the UK. He was really freaked out when I described everything to him.

I hope this is of some help to you :)

Take care,

Knee

XxX
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
Hello. I do hope you become more aware of the gift you have. I understand your dread, though. This is one of those things that only you yourself can conquer or see it gone. Visions are a gift. I have them on a daily basis, it seems. It never has made me feel weird, but, still yet, I don't tell anyone about them. Thanks for sharing your story! Are you a pisces? 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
Welcome, whitelight,
It is my opinion that you have quite a gift. The gift of sight is given to a select few in which to help out the rest of humanity who may not ever have a vision. Seers are our leaders, our protectors and our teachers. They are the guardians of the Books of Life (Not to be confused with the Book of Life that is at the Pearly Gates and checked often by Saint Peter) and defenders of good will.
I believe while you had your out of body experience you were with your guides. I would have to think they were teaching you in the ways that will help you in the quest for understanding. The crackly, almost static feeling that you experiences was just your soul going back to your body and it does cause friction.
I think all that you have written about would be the equivalent of a vision quest in my belief system. It may have taken a while to get to the point of the vision, but I think you may have needed the extra proof that only the Spirits can provide.
These are just my thoughts, someone else may have a better explanation as it applies to you, but I think I would be honored to be visited by all those Guides and to hold the hand of someone so much more intelligent than myself.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: