You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Boy Scouts

Real Ghost Stories

Boy Scouts

 

My mom, my brother and I were driving to Vancouver Island B.C and we went the way that takes you through Whistler and Lilouet. It was about 9:30 and we were driving through Lilouet B.C and we stopped for gas, food and bathroom breaks. When we were pulling out from the gas station we saw these two men dressed like boy scouts, they had some luggage with them and they were hitch hikers.

So we just kept driving, we drove for about an hour, no cars had passed us and all of the sudden there they were standing on the side of the road in the dark at around 10:30 at night. Now let me make this very clear NO CARS passed us at all nothing. So we got a little freaked out. We drove a bit faster and again NO ONE passed us. We drove through Whistler B.C and at the edge of town there they were AGAIN. NO ONE passed us at all I kept watch the whole time and by the second time we saw them it was around 12:30 at night we thought were were going crazy, we were so scared.

Lucky my brother was asleep because he is a a bit of a chicken and he really believes in things like this. But I would really like if anyone could tell me what this was or if they've had a similar encounter. It would also be great if anyone could tell me if there have been any murders of people that fit that description in that area?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Maddison, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
There is tell of a similar ghostie down here in Oregon. He was referred to as the "Owl Man". A native american who appeared hitchiking along highway 126 west of Mapleton. The story goes that if you didn't stop to give him a lift, he'd reappear several miles further on, trying to hitchhike again.

It's been said that he could turn into an owl and fly on ahead. (Being that 126 is a windy road west of Eugene, I can believe the possibility).
Apparently in one of his favorite hitch hiking spots someone found a dead owl as a roadkill, and thus ended the Owl Man Hitch hiking ghost. (I guess someone got just a little tired of seeing his mug alongside the road).
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Well, I do not know what has me thinking more. Your story, Maddison, or Ohiowatha's comment. I think a lot like what was written there, I just did not know there was a phrase that fit it's meaning.

I bet you had lines of young impressionable minds eager for your input of knowledge hanging out in the offices of your school begging for a chance at one of your lectures, Ohio.
Thank you.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-30)
Well, let me drop a bomb, Maddison: there is no such thing as time. What you're seeing could very well be a residual haunting. Now wrap your brain around this: we usually subscribe to a Newtonian view of time as being linear and linked to the continuum of space. However, in an Einsteinian view of time, the universe can be unbound by the former "law" of physics. So what you saw could be seen all at the same time or, to you, seemingly in distinct times like 9:30 and again at 12:30, when really, if you had driven past any of those points at anytime, you still would have seen them. Those scouts are loading their car for eternity and at the same time, walking down the road on the other side of town.

Notions like this make me think these paranormal entities may not be the spirits of the deceased at all in some cases and are merely "hiccups" from a parallel universe.

Perhaps.
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-30)
Simaler thing has happened to me. Me my bro and mom were going to Tofino BC and I saw a little black dog. As we kept going I saw the SAME dog. We kept going and again THE SAME DOG. Creeped me out but no one else noticed so I thought nothing of it.
Astral184 (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
I don't think it is all that 'strange' I live here in the desert, and when driving around at night, I have seen what appears to be people walking down the road, but when you look again, they are gone. I guess the important thing is that although you and your family were frightened, you were not physically harmed. Regards.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
Hello Maddison. I had a similiar experience with seeing a man in different locations under impossible conditions. My story is on this site it's called The Man in the Black Hat. While not appearing in so great a distance as yours, he has been seen by other members of my family in different locations on the same road(all within 15 miles of each other). Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
That is a very interesting story.

When you saw them, did they make any gestures towards you or actions towards you?

I have not heard of anything like this. If a residual entity, I can not see why and/or how it would move around to all of those locations you mentioned.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: