You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Experience with a Three Dimensional Shadow Person

Real Ghost Stories

My Experience with a Three Dimensional Shadow Person

 

I guess shadow people are real. I never thought about talking about what I saw until I happened to read a story about them. I had always considered our house to be a haunted place, but in a strange way that most houses aren't. Our house is to this day only 14 years old and was built on 'new' ground. I say new ground because sometimes a haunting can occur in a new house that was built on top of the ground that something may have been haunting. This house was built over wooded land... You know, they chopped down trees and built a subdivision. I feel this is important to mention because you'd think and most people do think that this would negate a house from being haunted.

We have this one room above our garage which is our guest room. Over the years, we've jokingly referred to it as the grandpa room (another story for another day). Now I've had three grandparents die on me in the last couple of years, and none of them have been without paranormal occurrences. There's three spirits that pass through from time to time, you know, no big deal... They're my grandparents.

Well I've always neglected to speak of the fourth. It's not my grandparents. I feel it there all the time in that guest room watching me. (When I left for college, my sister got my room because it got its own bathroom attached to it so now my bedroom is the guest room when I come home for the summer and winter breaks) These things feed off of your fear. I kid you not, I'm an engineer and I looked at this thing from a mechanical and experimental viewpoint. If you have this thing that seems to manifest itself when you get scared, why not turn it into sort of a paranormal experiment. Well I did...

I sat there and allowed myself to get scared... Really really scared. I let the fear build up and sure enough I started to get this feeling that I was being watched. I had never been able to sleep in the room, and had always gotten an uneasy feeling when I was in there. Come to think of it, we have two dogs who frequent the upstairs and I have never once seen either of them in there. Well I got up, turned around and didn't see anything so I asked the empty room out loud why I couldn't sleep there and this voice returned "Get out, this is our room..." I'm not sure if this was auditory or not but I definitely heard it. The funny thing about it is, the moment you leave the room, everything is alright. I usually slept in our game room right outside of that room on the couch and was never bothered except for one night when I decided to totally ignore the presence.

I was trying to sleep on the couch outside of the room one night when it seem the presence decided it was cool to leave the room. Now this sucks because you can't see the damn thing but you most definitely can feel it in the room with you. I just went downstairs and slept on the couch down there and with the TV on I felt safe. Well I realized I hadn't brushed my teeth and washed my face and what not so I finally worked up the courage to walk back upstairs and over to the guest room where my stuff was. When I walked up the stairs and got to the top I came face to face with this 'thing'.

Let me go into a little more detail about this 'thing'. I saw it for about two full seconds and got a very clear view of what it was. I definitely saw this and I don't know why I put off ever talking about it. It was definitely a shadow yet it was three dimensional... It had depth. It was about five feet tall, I'd say approximately a foot shorter than me by comparison given in my memory. I was close to this thing too, about a foot away. It flew right past me really really freaking fast yet I still got a good look at it.

What got me was at first I thought it was a monk. It was looking down at the ground and I got the feeling that it did not want to be seen. Like looking at it, I got the feeling that it wanted to be something noticed in the background but not ever directly seen. I don't remember clearly whether or not it had arms but it almost appeared to be wearing a cloak with a hood on. It was a big, wavy, flowing cloak and seemed to have ragged pieces trailing behind it. It was running in the opposite direction as me... I was going up the stairs and when I got to the top the thing ran AROUND me as to not touch me and ran down the stairs. It was dark... JUST like a shadow but with three dimensions instead of two.

Now I completely blew this off as a hallucination until I did a little research on "shadow people" through google. Try going to wikipedia and looking up shadow people. There's two pictures on there. In the second picture it shows two sketches. I saw the thing on the right. I saw that EXACT thing. I couldn't have asked for a better picture of what I saw. The only thing is I don't remember seeing eyes, but then again the thing wasn't trying to look at me.

Other hauntings by NickTrop

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NickTrop, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shadowman (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
look its like this you sometimes touch things that have the's things attachet to them and you bring it him and most the time thay take up to liveing in a serten place in your home that soots them most of the time its buy hanging out with people who come in contact with things such as this a lot or buy talking about them constantly in a serten place so you give them power to stay in that place. That's just my theary
NickTrop (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
We have to stop thinking about these things. Whatever they are, they feed off of negative emotions. What happens when you read these stories? FEAR... They feed off of it, its like candy to them. Whatever power I have to see spirits and the like has blossomed and trust me, spirits as well as shadow people (which I believe are just malevolent spirits) are everywhere. This is where religion starts to fudge the lines of perception of what we're speaking of. I'm roman catholic by birth so I'll deliver my viewpoint from a catholic standpoint. Angels and Demons. They were here before us and they'll be here long after we're gone. In terms of logic, it generally takes a great deal of good to offset a small amount of evil so fighting off these things is not a task for the faint of heart.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Hi Nick,
Just by what is written here, I would like to say that Belle has pointed out something very important. While you may be focusing all of your attention on the "shadow person" there is a possibility that he is not the only presence in that place. In fact, it sounds to me, by these written words that there are more than one there. I would like to hear of your Grandparents stories also.
Stand firm and tell them you are not comfortable with them there, they must leave. Try your darnedest not to show any fear, and take back your home.
Thank you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
Hi Nick. Has anyone else seen these shadows or mentioned any bad feelings from the area? Since they're so malicious you would think they wouldn't be shy about letting themselves be known. Your guy, I'd even say 'guys' since you were told 'get out... This is OUR room' want you to know about them and seem to want to menace you. You got a pretty good look at the one fellow. Do you think there's a possibly that this isn't actually a shadow but a spirit instead? Even though your house is new, the land has been there forever. Who knows what has been on the land or taken place there. The fact that they keep to the one particular room and small area around it is odd, do shadows limit themselves to one area like that? I checked out the wikipedia article on shadow people, their depictions are horrifying. Try going into the room and telling them firmly to leave your house and family. If this/these are shadows then I don't know if telling them to leave would do any good. If they are spirits they might leave. I'd give it a try on the off chance that they are ghosts. That's really frightening. Please keep us updated on anything new that happens. On a lighter note, I hope you'll share the stories of your Grandparents with us, I'd like to hear about something a little more pleasant.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-30)
Excellent account, Nick. You are very detailed in your story and approach if from an empirical, objective standpoint. You don't leave anything for given and hash-out every aspect of the story from testing the "thing" to noting that it ran AROUND you, so as not to touch you instead of just saying it "disappeared..."

Very well written and I thank you for that. This is going right into my "evidence file" as I have no question you are a credible source.

Thanks.
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-30)
right now where I am it is like 11 pm and as soon as I opened up my dads laptop I did not even turn it on it flickerd and for about a fracture of a second I saw a face it could not have been mine because no lights were on and the only light that showed were the little blue and sometimes orange lights on the laptop wich are not even bright enough to cast a shadow let alone a full head but I don't really think of it. It most likely won't happen again. But these feelings or shadows anything are usually very creepy to me. I think I got over it.
CursedByDeath (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
I've experienced the shadow man with the hat. My mother and brother have also seen this. I've also seen these figures throughout my life.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
Hi Nick. I will have to agree with Shelby, your story was interesting and believable because I too have seen something similiar. Whereas mine wasn't a shadow person, I couldn't see it's face(it had a hat pulled over it's face, like you would to shade your face from the sun). Thanks for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
Hi NickTrop. Your story was very interesting and very believable since I have experienced the "hat-man" shadow being on several occasions in the past. I have a story called "Shadows in My Life" on this site that you may be interested in reading. I wonder if we will ever know who or what these beings really are and why they visit us.

Shelby ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
How frightening!
If this 'thing' does fit within the definition of a shadow person, it would not want you to see it at all.

When entering that part of the house tell it to leave, tell it that it is not welcome in the name of the Lord. You already have expereminted and are away that fear will only aid in the strength.

Place a corss in every room of the house.

Keep us posted,
God Bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: