You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Sickly Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Sickly Spirit

 

I moved into a house in Trafalgar, Victoria that was over 100 years old, which is old by Australian standards. When I first moved in I was pregnant with my daughter and my sister stayed with me for for a few months while our parents went on a trip around Australia.

I did hear a few weird things while I was in the bathroom. Just noises in the house like someone was walking down the hallway and I didn't think a lot of it. There was a strange feeling in the bathroom too.

One night I got home from work and my sister was stressing because earlier she was in the bathroom and she'd heard me come home and walk through to the kitchen. She came out to see me and realized I wasn't even home yet.

Another night I was having a bath. It was raining outside. It was late at night and my sister was asleep in bed. I heard her get up, walk through the kitchen (the bathroom comes off the kitchen so she walked straight past the bathroom), through the laundry to the toilet and she started throwing up. I thought I better get out of the bath and see if she was ok. I checked the toilet and she wasn't there. I figured she'd already gone back to bed and when I got in there she was asleep. I woke her up and said "Did you just throw up?" She was adamant that she had not been out of bed and she looked like she'd just woken up so I don't think she was lying to me about throwing up.

The only thing I could think was that it was someone outside. I even went outside to see if there was vomit in my driveway! I knew it couldn't have been though because it was raining and the noise of the rain on the tin roof was so loud that I wouldn't have heard anyone outside, the noise was also coming from inside the house. It crossed my mind that it could have been the neighbour's in their house but again the noise of the rain would have blocked the sound and I actually used to live in the house next door and I knew the bathroom and toilet were on the other side of that house.

I had a friend come over once and her three year old son started talking to "the lady in the kitchen" and when they left he yelled out "Bye Lady!"

Just after my daughter was born we completely gutted the kitchen, laundry, toilet and bathroom, put in a slate floor and all new fixtures. We put pine lining up on all the walls and painted the roof. It was a renovation that had been planned since we moved in and nothing strange ever happened again.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, harvestmoon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-17)
Hi harvestmoon. I was curious as to why your haunting all of a sudden stopped but it looks like whitebuffalo has a good idea as to why the spirit or ghost moved on. It may or may not be the reason but it sounds good to me.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Hello harvestmoon, and welcome.
The Trees of Resilience (Pine) are highly valued medicinals by the Native Americans, Chinese and European cultures, which are thought to bring qualities of clarity and peace. In perhaps the first potpourri, the dried needles were placed in open jars to sweeten home environments (both for scent and for the spirit).
Essential oil of pine works to regulate and change out of balance conditions. Pine was eaten in a variety of states (the seeds, pulp, inner bark, the cones were even stewed to make meat taste sweeter). The Chippewa even used it successfully to treat gangrenous wounds.
In addition, this tree is known to the bans of Native Americans as the Tree of Great Peace. There are a large variety of pine, though and not all of them were used for the same purpose.
What I tried to do was give you the reasoning's as to why I think your experiences have stopped. When you remodeled with pine (though I do not know which type) I think you empowered the houses structure ITSELF with added healing benefits.
Thank you.
harvestmoon (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Hi Rhodes,
Yep. It is weird that we try and elimintate the logical reasons first. I suppose its all part of the process of making sure we're not going crazy! Lol.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Isn't it strange that when sth out of the ordinary happens we insist on trying to eliminate all other possibilities? I noticed you said that you went to check the driveway for signs of sb being outside knowing, at the same time, that the rain would have washed away all clues and even wondering if it could have been the neighbors although the rain should have prevented the sound from reaching you... I guess we try to rationalize various events even if our senses point the opposite direction! As for the sounds stopping after the renovations, maybe whoever was still clinging to the past could no longer feel a sense of connection to a space he/she didn't recognise.
Take care
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Wow...Good story. I understand that you didn't think of much in the beggining. The same thing was with me. Wierd things were going on in my house but I didn't think much about that. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
harvestmoon (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Now that's interesting. I had thoughts of someone that lived that that had bullemia or something but morning sickness never occured to me! Probably because I didn't suffer from it. I had nausea for 2 weeks, months before I moved in.
I do know that the house was one of first houses built in town and it was one of 5 identical houses built for a farmers 5 daughters.
The back area (kitchen, bathroom, laundry and toilet) was built on later. My guess was the 70's. But I assume that area would have been an out house or outdoor laundry originally.
I have thought about checking out the history of the house but I don't know how to go about it. My neighbour told me everything I know.
My mother owns the house and the deed is with the bank. I could ask her if she can request to view it.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
I think I would of looked into the history of the house like KimSouth0 said. Could of been someone else expecting that lived there once. If you look into it let us know what took place and what you found out.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
Wow, that is an interesting story. I wonder if these occurances had anything to do with the fact that you were expecting? Perhaps within the history of the home there had been another there at one time or another that was also expecting and felt empathy for you? Do you have any idea as to the history of the house?

Thank you for sharing!
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: