You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost of a Curious Young Boy

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost of a Curious Young Boy

 

I just want to say I love this site. I love how its not covered with cheesy cartoon ghosts and other silly graphics. I will start with the most recent one that happened to me. It was about 4 in the afternoon and I had just picked my son up at the bus stop. When we got home, I reached back like I always do to undo his safety harness. I opened my door to get out, then I decided to grab the stuff I had sitting in the passenger seat. I could hear my son putting his back pack on behind me. While I was leaning over collecting my stuff with both hands, I thought my son had gotten out of the car before me and had jabbed me really hard in the ribs, the side facing my open door.

I sat up and grabbed my side, still tingling, but was more shocked to see my son was not beside me standing at my door. He was still in the back seat getting his stuff. I looked around for my neighbor (I live in a duplex) to see if he was playing a trick, which is not something he's ever done, but I thought a possibility. He was not around either, I even checked around my vehicle to make sure no one was there.

I had a similar experience before that. I owned a home that was built in 1945 in a small town about 3 1/2 hours from where I am now. The experience was about 3-4 years ago. It was morning and I had just finished taking a shower to get ready for work. The shower made me sleepy so I laid down on my bed, just wrapped in my towel. I dared not put my covers on as I would have totally fallen back asleep. I just wanted to rest for a moment. I was laying on my side with my hands under my head. Not a minute later, I felt my side push in, I felt my skin compress under some pressure. It was gentle, and slow, but left a tingly sensation in the area. Needless to say, I got my clothes on quick and went to work without make-up and such.

In fact, in the house I just mentioned I had several experiences but I will tell only one more. The ones I am telling I can't find a logical non-paranormal explanation for. One's that could be due to electrical problems in the house I will leave out, but very creepy.

Okay, Last one. Same house, again in the morning, but on a weekend. I think around 8 AM. I was wide awake, my husband at the time was at work, he usually worked 6 days a week. I was laying there, enjoying the beautiful morning. I could hear the birds chirping directly out my window, sun shining, blue sky. I could hear the squirrel bouncing across my roof over my room like he did almost every morning. I heard my son pattering through the kitchen and I closed my eyes to do our morning ritual.

He was not yet 4 years old. When he would get to my doorway, he would try to be sneaky, tip toe across the floor, then get really close to the bed and jump on it to see if he could scare me. Well I lay there waiting what felt like 10 minutes and he didn't jump on the bed. I got up and looked around the bed and under the bed to see if he came up with something new. I walked through the kitchen to his room and he was completely asleep! I tapped his side lightly and did some goofy things he can not help but laugh, even when he was pretending to sleep. He was no doubt sound asleep. I was confused. I felt the vibrations and the sound of bare feet on the linoleum. I still can't think of anything else.

For the record, the ghost I think was in that house I believed to be a young boy for various reasons and most things seemed like things a curious kid would do.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, beci, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Suprised (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-22)
Hi Beci.
If you had read my story you will know I am sceptical of such things as these.
BUT, judging by what I have read, it does sound like a small child. Maybe seeing as you have been "jabbed" outside now rather than in the house you should look at your family and friends? See if there were any deaths you don't know about? Babies lost? Maybe he is connected to you and IS following you now its happened in 2 places.
I don't know much I'm afraid, just speaking as I find
Take Care 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Hello Beci,
I, too, am here to tell you about researching. You may be able to go to your local library as well as the county courthouse. Some records are on file at the libraries and are all a public record there too. I prefer going to the library as if I see something that looks a bit off, I can also look up newspaper articles for around that time and see what there is to see.
Thank you.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Cool story, Beci. I think something's purposefully reaching out to you for some reason. I, too, have been painfully jabbed in the side (back, actually) and it's a pretty scary and strange experience.

Pay attention, you might be sensitive!

thanks
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Hi beci. I read in your comment asking for advice on researching the histories of homes. You can go to the county courthouse to the Register of Deeds office and talk to them about what you want and they should be able to either help you or point you in the right direction. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Hi Becki! That is very wierd. While I was reading your story I thought it was a child ghost or someone very close to you. Possibly a family member. I agree with Kimo that the child needs to cross over. But since you don't live there anymore maybe the next residents will help "it". I understand why its hard for you to find information on places. I tried myself and find it very difficult and tireing. I hope you find some answers to your guestions. Please write if anything new is going on. We all will try to help. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
beci (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
deathcipris and KimSouthO, thank you for your comments.

I don't think the child ghost followed me to where I live now. There was a lot happening in that house and the poking in my ribs was the only thing like that has happened where I am now, plus it was outside and that had never occured before at the old house. I would like to have done research on the house or property but I lack the knowledge on where to find such information. I guess one thing to note is that I lived only like 3 blocks from a cemetary. I walked there a few times and took a small digital camera with me. The camera on 2 occasions would not work there, so I took that as a sign they didn't want me taking pictures. On a 3rd occasion, the camera refused to work again at all. After moving where I am now, I discovered that I am more "sensitive" than I previously thought. I have always had premonitious dreams, but usualy things that are everyday normal stuff. About 6 months ago, 2 nights in a row I was trying to sleep and just at the moment I was about to, a white flash would happen and I could see mental images of a crowd of people's faces around me. 1 was creepy. 'He' represented himself as a scary clown with long pointy teeth. After reading some books and checking with a psychic here in my town, I have been successfull at blocking these from happening. She explained that if they sense that I may be able to communicate with them, they will try and barge in like they did. I am not ready for such things and am ambivilent to explore it more.

If you guys have any advice about how to research histories of homes I would love to know. I tried once at a local library for my old house, but I came up with nothing.

Thanks again for your comments. Take care.
deathcipris (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
Actually the idea that it maybe the spirit of a young child was the first thing that occurred to me. The reason behind that is because being poked in the side like that seems to me something a child would do to get the attention of an adult.
Hope all is well!
-Matt
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
Did you ever have any history on the house. It is possible that the young, curious boy followed you, thus the incident with your son getting out of the car and you being poked.

If it is a child that has not crossed over for some reason, he may be frightened. When and if you have an occurance again, even if you cannot see or hear him, tell him to cross over. Let him know he will have peace, he will have friends and family and lots to do and be curious about. I would hate to think of a child that is stuck on this plane because they are frightened.

Thank you for sharing your story,

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: