You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Lady in Chains

Real Ghost Stories

Lady in Chains

 

My name is Jadea, I live in Providence RI and I've had paranormal encounters for a couple of years now. I was around the age of 10 when a young woman started visiting me a few times a week. The girl was beautiful but looked so creepy. She had long dark knee-length hair and wore a long white gown with a chain or two around her neck. I never knew how to react but I know one thing for sure... It scared the living hell outta me.

The first time I ever saw her was in the basement of my old house. I was downstairs washing clothes for church the next day and I felt as though I was being watched so I turned around with my back against the washer and saw the woman standing in the corner of the basement. I just froze I was in shock yet angry at the same time. She stood there with her hands to her sides and her head back and tilted. I stood there for a few seconds and ran upstairs. I was the only one home so I ended up going to my neighbors house next door.

As the weeks went by I become so miserable and paranoid. I ended up seeing the woman at school (was in 5th grade at the time) I was in gym class and me and a few of my friends were sitting against a wall chatting away. I turned my head away for a second and saw the women sitting on the stage step (gym was huge and mini 1-step stage at the end of the gym). The woman stared at me and was walking back and forth with her hands behind her back. Another time I saw the woman I was at my fathers house in Fallriver Mass. My father was asleep and I sat in he hall playing with my fathers rottweiler named Tread, I looked up and right at the end of the hall where the kitchen leads I see the woman standing there staring at me, I noticed that whenever I saw her, her hair was either straighten or in ringlets and sometimes the gown she wore had polka dots on it and always had the chain around her neck and waist as if it were a belt.

The woman never harmed me but always had me paralyzed with fear. The most action ever seeing that woman was on the same day, Tread (my dads dog) lifted his head from my lap and growled looking at the exact same direction that the ghostly woman in chains was.

Well this is my first post on here, I have many other true stories to tell but I promise not to make them as long and boring as this one...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jadechronicles, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kitty (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
Wow that's wiered but yes I have heard of cats being able to see ghosts and things we can't see so I'm not suprised that tread could see her to.

😁 😁
Ciel (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
I think there might be a rumor, I forget if it is cats or dogs, that they can see ghosts. I advice you to keep it this way if she scares you that much. Sometimes taking action isn't a good thing. Sometimes when you have things good you need to be satisfied.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-17)
Hi jade. I also have the same questions as the others. It sounds as if this entity was attached to you since it follows you everywhere. It seems as though it needed your help. If she gave you fright every time you saw her, I don't think that it may have been a good entity. Did she ever seem threatening? I would like more of a description of the chains she wore. You said sometimes she was in different outfits and different hair. That's odd. Obviously this was definitely an intelligent haunt. Is she still around you and if not when was the last time you saw her? It seems as though you have many people asking questions rather than giving you answers. I hope you answer back soon so we can all get a better explanation of what exactly you were experiencing.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Can you give us some more info on this? Did you recognize the face is it the same person every time and by the way she looks would you be able to say what time she seems to be from? The chains are they like gold chains or are they heavy prisoner like chains?
Nebmom (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Very interesting! Did you stop seeing her around that time, or did the sightings continue?
Hope to read some more from you soon. Thanks for sharing!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
I am also interested in the way this woman wore the chains you spoke about. There may be some signifigance there.
it sounds as if you are senisitve and for some reason this woman was attached to you or a messanger to you.

Thanks for sharing,
God Bless!
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
I think the chains could have a symbolic meaning... I don't mean to scare you but it may be a warning or a premonition. When you saw her did it bring thoughts of the past?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
When you say a chain around her neck, jade, are you saying that she wore two necklaces or that she had a bondage type chain hanging around the neck? I asked that as you go on to describe it as around her waist also (down in paragraph three) kind of like what an incarcerated person would be transported to court wearing.
Thank you.
BONITA05 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Hi there, great story.
I'm new too but I havn't posted any stories
yet. I will soon :-)
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Hi Jadea. That was a very interesting story. You shouldnt make your stories shorter because this one was very interesting. By the way the more we know about this the easier it is for us to help. I kind of wonder who this might have been. A chain around her neck? Either she was murdered in a brutal way or she may have been from a different time. But saying she had a polka dot dress she may have been from the 60s. I don't know much about this but there are others here who are willing to help out. I hope to here from youi soon and take care
nimrod (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
hey first time poster
welcome
i'm new too!
love your story
creepy stalker ghost.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: