You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Kahlua's Story

Real Ghost Stories

Kahlua's Story

 

On New Years Eve 2020, we had to put our little Kahlua to sleep. I lost my mind for the next three days with grief. On 1/3/2021 in the morning I heard her bark off in the distance. My husband did not hear it, I then heard her bark 2 more times. I was overcome with grief and guilt feeling that I had let her down. I decided to write her a letter. I wrote a letter in Word and poured my heart out to her. The letter was about 3/4 of a page long and I was sobbing the entire time. I'm crying now... The last sentence I typed was "I am sending this letter to heaven". As soon as I typed that sentence the page went blank. Word did not crash, I did not delete anything, the letter vanished. I tried to find it but the only document recovered was blank.

Fast forward to 1/21/2021 at 7:30 PM, my husband and I were watching a movie when a small black dog came out of the wall and ran through the kitchen towards the bedrooms. Startled I jumped up in pursuit and my husband asked me loudly if I saw that too. In the bedroom our other dog who is apricot color was sound asleep. My husband and I were in shock and sat down to discuss exactly what we had seen and we both saw the exact same thing. We saw a solid small black dog from the back of the neck to the tip of the tail which was sticking almost straight out. We saw a partial back leg but no front legs or head. We saw Kahlua partially manifested running through our kitchen as solid as you and I. I started crying and so did my husband. It shocked us to our core. I am so happy that we both witnessed it so it was not wishful thinking. Kahlua was a character and the word "No" was never more than a suggestion to her. She was always in a hurry and would run head on all the time. Even bumping into things or falling down steps, she always ran. My love for her is still strong and my grief is too. My husband now thinks it was so cool and that Kahlua was showing up for me to see that she is ok and still running around. Don't get me wrong, my husband and I were both freaked for a while, but now understand that the universe isn't always what it seems. Thanks for reading.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kahluas-Mom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Piperasc (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-05-12)
Thank you for sharing your experience. I very much enjoyed reading it and am so glad that Kahlua came to show you she is still being herself!
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-02-25)
It's such a bitter sweet story, I strongly believe that our pets become our family and when they pass on, their spirits visit us much like a "human" spirit would, I'm sorry about kahlua but I'd like to believe that she's in a better place free from worldy suffering.
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-02-03)
Awe, when I read your story I immediately thought of my two pet doggies and want to cuddle them. I'm so sorry for your loss, Kahlua seems to love you very much that even in spirit world she never forgets her family, that's probably why she manifested to you.

Thank you for sharing, God Bless.

Darriux
MrsRamsay (guest)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-29)
What a great affirmation for you both, and that you were both able to see her was just super. Because you can talk about it and sort it out together!

Your experience with Word is so interesting, and I do NOT think a glitch. I'm a writer (journalist) and have had things happen a lot that were NOT normal on my computer. Exceedingly strange and having lots of consequences, in fact. So, go with your intuition and know that as soon as you appealed to heaven in your communication, something happened! Thanks for sharing this!
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-28)
2020 sucked right down to the very end, didn't it.

Kahlua's mom, you and your husband's experience seeing the dog reminds me very much of a haunting in Pennsylvania, details escape me right now. I'm sure I'll remember about 2 AM. 😁

And Word. Yeah. Typical computer behavior there.:)
Kahluas-Mom (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-27)
Lady-glow, I believe Kahlua is doing exactly what she always did. That visitation proved that life and love goes on.
Kahluas-Mom (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-27)
Hi Melda, Kahlua was 14 years and 4 months old. She was a bossy firecracker. I miss her hitting my leg and getting huffy with me if I ignored her. At first she was diagnosed with severe pancreatites and possible cure, but she was so sick and in so much pain. We visited her after 2 days in the hospital and it was so sad. They wanted to put a feeding tube down her tiny nose and up her pain meds again. We cried so hard when we saw her. We couldn't let her suffer anymore. We found out she was full of cancer 8 days after we put her to sleep. That call was bittersweet because we did the right thing, but she was suffering longer than we knew. I love her so much.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-01-27)
Kahluas-Mom - I love hearing about animals appearing after death. I've had a few similar experiences and it is so heartwarming!

In my opinion she was there to ease your grief and make you realise that she is in fact still around. Try not to feel guilty, you did what you had to do for her. A pity it had to happen on New Year's Eve, especially after the dreadful year we've all had.

If you don't mind my asking, how old was Kahlua and did she have an incurable disease? I had to put one of my dogs down due to cancer when she was 14 years old. And yes she has put in a few appearances since then but more audible than visual.

Strange thing about the letter. Perhaps you were just meant to get it off your chest as part of the healing process? After that it was "out there". I'm not sure how to put that but I think you'll get the gist.

You'll probably feel her presence, or see her, or hear her every now and then. I hope you do!

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-01-26)
Welcome to YGS.

What a shocking and bittersweet encounter. It seems like, except for not having a physical body, nothing has changed for Kahlua and she's still around doing her own thing and showing her humans that she's fine.

Thanks for sharing this lovely experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: