You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The "polterguest"

Real Ghost Stories

The "polterguest"

 

When I was in fourth grade I went off to a Christian summer camp for the summer and when I came home, I discovered that we had moved. Our new house was much larger than the house that I left behind when I went to camp. It was a two-story brick house with a modern-styled interior. The house was built sometime in the late 1800s to the early 1900s however the specific date is lost to history. It was remodeled in 2004 and sold in 2016, and we finalized the purchase in the summer of 2017.

My bedroom was the old master from before the remodel, making it a very spacious room. It is right above the current master and has the biggest closet in the house. I shared with my sister for a while, before she moved rooms. At the back of the house, directly down the hallway from my room, is a guest bedroom with two small closets and a small attic door that is about the height of my foot to my knee. I am around 5'6, if that gives you any reference. Point is, it was small and I was in fourth grade so it became my new "house". I was playing in here one day when I discovered that there were children's drawings along the top border of the wall. Immediately after seeing the drawings, I felt extremely creeped out.

I am not one to get creeped out easily. I fall asleep to American Horror Story and my favorite books are The Shining and Coraline, so this was an extremely weird feeling. I ran out of the room and downstairs with my family. For years, I refused to go into that room by myself because it gave me bad vibes.

One night, I was having a sleepover with my friends. I am not using their real names, so let's call them Amelia and Kyla. Kyla was an athletic basketball player who wasn't scared of anything and Amelia was the fearless comedic relief of the group. I was sleeping on a twin bed at the time and I couldn't fit all three of us, so we decided to sleep in the guest bedroom which had a king. Immediately after laying down and turning off the lights, something fell in the closet. I was already starting to get bad vibes again and Kyla asked if anyone felt cold. I then noticed that it was freezing cold in this room that was normally pretty hot. Amelia said that something didn't feel right and we all ran back to my room and slept on the floor.

After that, doors would slam and things would fall but nothing as extreme. One time both of my dogs got stuck in there and were whining and yelping as if both were hurt. The door was locked from the inside, which was impossible, and they were hiding when we found them.

I am still living in that house and I am almost a freshman in high school and I am still terrified of that room. We have since dubbed the ghost "Polterguest" My sister sleeps in there and says she has weird dreams, but that's it. We've had it cleansed and prayed over several times, but nothing works. Someone told me to cuss out the spirit and ask it to leave, so I am going to try that.

Is it the wandering ghost of a child or something more sinister? Did those drawings have anything to do with it?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, livthesciencekid, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
2 years ago (2022-01-10)
livthesciencekid - Liv, I'm late to your story but want to give you some advice.

PLEASE DO NOT CUSS OUT THE SPIRIT! I hope you did not go through with that suggestion. It is never a good thing to try and antagonize a spirit you know nothing about. Even if it is a gentle, kind spirit, cussing it out would definitely stir up some anger. If it is a not so gentle and kind spirit, you could make things very bad. Imagine you being cussed out by someone and you have no idea why?

So, again, PLEASE DO NOT CUSS OUT THE SPIRIT!
MrsRamsay (guest)
 
2 years ago (2022-01-07)
Liv, thanks so much for the clarification! I had missed the line about how you are almost in high school but... Your writing is so much more mature, even than some of the high school students I used to teach! (That's a compliment). Honestly, when someone says something is "lost to history" I automatically assume they are a grownup, which is MY bad!

Thanks for all that, best wishes to you in 2022!
livthesciencekid (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-01-04)
Mrs Ramsay:
Hello! I would love to clarify about my age! We purchased the home in 2017 which was the summer of when I was in fourth grade. I was nine years old. That was five years ago, which makes me fourteen now. I am an eighth grader which I wrote at the end of my post that I am almost in high school. Also I have been reading some of the posts on your page! Looking forward to reading more!

Rajine:
Hello! Yes, watching scary movies is so much different from actually living through creepy events. I have tried researching the house, but all I can find is appraisals. I will keep looking and keep you updated! I am glad you are interested in my story!
MrsRamsay (guest)
 
2 years ago (2022-01-01)
I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. You say you "finalized the sale " of the home in 2017 when you were in fourth grade?

Can you clarify? You are obviously not in 7th grade now.
Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-01-01)
Hi livthesciencekid

I suppose watching horror movies and going living a creepy experience is two different things, I just read a story about a weird apartment and I'll say the same thing as I commented earlier, maybe researching the history of the house with shed light on what you experiencing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: