You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Spirits in my Old Room

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits in my Old Room

 

I've been reading about experiences on this site for the past few days and have decided to share my own. I have an interest in the paranormal because of my family's history with it. Most of my family has had some unusual occurrence happen to them, and even where I live now there's been some pretty strange stories. The house I live in was built when I was almost a year old, and we have been the only occupants. So, as far as I see, there's no basis for any previous history to it.

When I was a kid, I was always scared of my room at night. During the hot summers, or winter nights warm from the fire, I'd stick my legs out from under the covers to cool off. Usually, without reason, I'd feel something stroking my legs, or my exposed arms. I would watch, but see nothing. I thought it was funny at the time, and told my mom. She said it was just my guardian angel.

My mom use to help me clean up my room too, and one time after cleaning it that day I was lying in bed watching my closet. The closet in that room is the type where it folds open with two panels on it. As I was watching it, it suddenly slide open about... Three or more inches. It could have been an object pushing it, but I don't remember hearing anything fall inside the closet, and even then it's not that easy to push open the closet door so it would have to have been a heavy object and I would have definitely heard that.

As I got older I moved out of the room and downstairs into the basement. I saw some things down there as well, but it felt safer than my old room. After that I moved out briefly with my mom, and we spent a few months away before moving back. I was put back into my old room. I like to listen to music in bed before I go to sleep, but I stopped for a long time after I kept seeing shadows on the ceiling that I knew/felt were not from ordinary things in my room. It scared me, so I'd just try to go straight to sleep without looking at anything at night.

During that summer I started talking to some friends late into the night, I'd often to sleep around 3 or 4 am. One night in particular I had a horrible experience. It was some time after 3 am, and I remember getting into my bed. I suddenly became unnerved by something, but I didn't know what. As the minutes went on I got more and more scared, until I was frightened beyond my wits. I did what I thought was logical at the time and hid under my blanket, trying to keep as still as possible. As I lay there, it felt like something was stroking my arm and side through the blanket. I was hearing things too, and honestly I thought it was demons talking.

I know I was wide awake, and I didn't move because I was so scared. Eventually I calmed down again, enough to work up the nerve to throw my covers open and look around. I didn't see anything, and the clock told me it was just a bit after 4 am. The voices/sounds I had been hearing were gone... But I could hear birds chirping now outside because morning had started. It's hard to explain, but sometimes I tell myself I just heard the birds chirping through that time... Yet it didn't sound like them at all!

After that I would never try to go to sleep during the hour of 3 am... I hear people say that it's some kind of bad hour, but I didn't know about that at the time and I just always kind of felt uncomfortable during that hour. I also had one night where it sounded like something was trying to open the door to my room... But it couldn't figure out how to work the knob and kept just pushing against it and fiddling around with the knob. It would happen every few minutes, and I stayed awake with my light on trying to read until it stopped.

That same summer I was talking online to a friend with my door closed during the day, alone in the house, when I suddenly heard something kick the door hard. I was puzzled... But ignored it. Then it happened again. I told my friend about it, and I got up, opened the door and looked around. I didn't see anything but I yelled for whatever it was to leave my door alone really angrily, then closed it again. The kicking stopped after that.

Since then I've moved into the basement again. Nothing strange whatsoever has happened down here so far... I just think there's something wrong with my old room. I've been told that maybe there was an incubus in my old room, but I've never had any 'sexual' attacks.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zhe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zhe (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
Thank you all for your replies. I am not a person comfortable with physical contact... Hence why I take contact for anyone other than a select few as being 'unwanted'. I suppose you can not blame a spirit for not knowing that. 😆

To flutterofwings, we have been the only occupants of the house, and other than me being in that room, it has been my brother's room and a craft room. Although, that came afterwards.

I agree that spirits aren't restricted like us to hours... Although it seems a weird hour, at least up here during the summer, to be active. During the summer months, the sun starts rising at around three am.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
First of all, I agree with the others. Do not jump to conclusions and assume that what is there is demons. Not all paranormal are demons, there are far more good than eveil.

Second, three AM is often called the dead hour, or is mentioned to be sugnificant in the paranormal for many reasons. The hour between 3:0 AM and 4:00 AM is pretty active when thinking paranoprmal. I am not sure why, but I have heard it is because it is darkest befrore the dawn and that hour seems to fit within that descrition.

God Bless!
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
I think something may have happen in your old room. Did you ever check out the house, to see if anyone died or was killed in that room? I also agree with Frawin and WB that a spiritual spirit was watching over you in that room.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
You know, I would think that both your Mother and FRAWIN would be right on this one.
There were no out and out inappropriate touching episodes, as would suggest an incubus (or succubus). The touches seem to be described in a more comforting way. As a guardian angel or a gentle Grandmother would do.
I used to get such migraines as a young teenager, and when my Grandmother was over she would rub my back, my neck, arms, and yes, my legs. She is a holistic healer, and all parts of the body lead to one another.
The three o'clock time DOES seem to have more ghosties coming out (A.M. Or P.M.), but I think the reasons for that is that we are busy with our lives and unable to hear or see through the chaos. I personally believe that THEIR existence is not run by the clock as OURS is.
Thank you.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
Hi zhe. I found your story quite interesting. I know you will get different points of view on this and this is only MY opinion. I think you had a protecting spirit/entity with you. The stroking of your arms and side, I believe was done to soothe you -like you would a child. During your frightening episode, with the sounds/voices and extreme fear - it was there protecting and trying to soothe you. It never touched you inappropiately, an evil being would have. As far as 3:00 a.m. Being the "dead hour" when evil entities strike, I have found that they don't keep a time schedule. They are predators and strike when you are the weakest, anytime day or night.
Thank you for your story, I enjoyed it very much. Take Care.

FRAWIN

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: