You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Girl

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl

 

First I would like to apologize to all who read my first submission, and have been waiting for the rest of the story. (And to those who have not you may want to go back and read Lizzy's Friend, to completely understand this one) Unfortunately, my husband was deployed to Iraq in November, so between work and raising 8 children there has just not been time to sit and write. So again my apologies. Here is the rest of my story.

As you remember, at the age of 2 my daughter started to talking to someone she just called "the girl". When my husband came back from Kuwait, and we went back home it did continue for a couple of months and although everyone said it was an imaginary friend, I knew better. Then it just stopped out of the blue.

I thought it was over. A year later we had a beautiful little boy, Logan. 2 years later he was playing in his bedroom, only about 10 feet down the hall from where I was in the kitchen. I could hear him playing and jabbering like little boys do, so was unconcerned. Then I heard him start to giggle. It was not a little laugh, like he thought his toys were fun, this was an all out laugh attack like he was being tickled or thought something was extremely funny. I went in to check on him. He was sitting on the floor surrounded by his tractors, which he loved more than anything. So I thought maybe he was just having fun, and he looked up at me with his big blue eyes and seemed just fine. I went back to the kitchen. Then I heard him start the giggling again, so now my curiosity was peaked.

I snuck down the hall and put my head around the corner into the room to see if I could catch what was going on. He was lying on his tummy, with his hands on his chin, just looking towards the wall and laughing. I went in the room and said "Logan" he looked at me. I got down on the floor and put him in my lap. I asked him what was so funny. He pointed toward the wall and said "gill". I knew this was his two-year old version of the word 'girl". My blood ran cold, and my first thought was "Oh my God she's back"

That night I told my husband about what had occurred. Being a skeptic and one who marked Liz's experience as her imagination, he just laughed it off. I tried to make him see that there was no logical reason for both of our children to talk to a "girl".

It continued. Just like our daughter, Logan continued to talk to the "girl" and to play with her. By now everyone in our families thought I had lost it by being so freaked out. Then one day my niece made them believe too.

My brother and sister-in-law lived just a few blocks away. Lori, my sis-in-law often came over during the day so Logan and her daughter Myan could play. Myan is about 4 months older than Logan, and could already speak in very clear, concise sentences.

We were sitting in the kitchen talking and the kids were in the backyard. We were sitting by the patio doors watching them. The backyard was surrounded by a 6 foot wooden privacy fence. No way for anyone to get in or out except through the kitchen and out the doors we were sitting in front of. Logan and Myan were playing around the sandbox, looking like they were having a good time. Then Myan fell. She started crying and we opened the doors and went out. Lori picked her up and asked if she was ok. She said she wanted to go home. Lori tried to convince her she was ok and she could keep playing. Myan kept insisting she wanted to leave. So Lori asked her why. She said that the girl pushed her and is mean. We just looked at each other, she could only be talking about Logan's "girl". I could see Lori was now a believer.

Like Liz this continued until he was almost three years old, and then also like Liz, one day it just stopped. Now he is 14 and does not remember any of it.

Since then my husband and I have had 6 more children and the "girl" has not made another appearance. (That we are aware of). With each child around the age of 2 I have made it a point to keep out a close eye and ear for her.

Our youngest child, a son, Landen just turned 2 in February, so we will see what happens.

Other hauntings by ozone_baby

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ozone_baby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
Hi ozone. I have to totally agree with Bellissima's last comment. I think that this young, ghostly child was around for your first two and then eventually they grew up and didn't notice her anymore and she moved on. I don't think that she is harmful, well, except for the pushing Myan incident. That could have been accidental or maybe jealousy of her coming over and playing with your children(HER playmates). And also, it wasn't just your children who saw her. It was Myan who saw and felt her too! You will probably NEVER know who or what this 'being' is. I think it is something that you should just accept as long as it is not harmful to you, your family or anyone else. I know it is creepy to you but try to look at it in a positive way. Besides, she has been gone a long time! I don't think she will be back. I believe that this child has moved on to where she is supposed to be. Thanks for sharing your story and keep us updated on the littlest baby. 😊

SHELBY ❤
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
Hi ozone. In regards to your children being 'open' to the little girl, I think it could be a family trait but just like all of your kids might not be blue-eyed, not all of your kids may be sensitive. You know how some people have sharper eye sight or better hearing? I think in general, little ones are more aware because they don't have any preconceived ideas on the subject. They haven't been exposed to 'grown-up' opinions and beliefs. Even if they have, it's a difficult idea to grasp and explain. Little ones don't really have the desire to stretch the facts in order to make them more fantastic or interesting, they just sort of tell it the way they see it. One idea might be that since your two oldest had the experiences and so far your other kids haven't, maybe the little girl has moved on and she's not around to be seen anymore. Are you still in the same house? I don't know why she would just be gone but then again, where did she come from? I can surely understand your worry for Landen but try not to get too stressed. Things have been pretty innocent so far but I'd be watchful too. Let us know, okay?
ozone_baby (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Thanks Bellissima,
I too have thought she might have pushed Myan just as when any children play sometimes get testy with each other.
You said that my other children may have not been open to her. I am curious as to how someone, especially at age 2 can be more open then someone else. Is it something that is genetic, like eye color ? I know I may sound ignorant about this (lol) and I really am.
I am really hoping that Landen is not open to her, if she is still around. This may sound strange to you on this sight that have these gifts, but as a mom its scary. But I will let you know if anything arises.
Ozone ❤
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Hi ozone. I think kids have a more open mind to what might be silly to others, your family is a good example of that. The little girl was probably attracted to your younger ones because they were aware of her and maybe your other kids aren't. She may have been a little jealous of Myan and feeling protective of the child she considered her friend. I'm curious as to whether Landon will be visited by the girl. Keep us updated. Thanks for sharing!
ozone_baby (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Faerielike,
After reading so many posts on this sight I am with you that children are more open to seeing what we will not let ourselves believe. I don't envy your gift however and I am glad that I don't have to talk to people I can't see. I am afraid I would not handle it well. If my children do have a gift and do later learn to use it, I guess I will deal with it then.
Also thank you for your kind words for our family. I know God is watching out for my husband and all the other soldiers away from home.
Ozone ❤
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
I had friends like that when I was a kid, except I never really seemed to "grow out of it..." I did learn to block things out though that is for sure! I think something happens at a certain age and kids just stop seeing these things. In my mind it is pretty normal. Having never experienced life, small children are so sensitive to things. I just wonder if my baby will be like me and my mom, and your kids, freakin' me out talking to things I can no longer see!
I also wanted to thank you and your husband for your sacrifices with the war. I know you must miss him terribly! I hope they send him home safe to you and yours soon!
phsychic_freak (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
this 'GIRL' might just be some kind angel. Angels aren't just girls. They are sexless and can appear in any form. The reason she might be an angel is that she/he wants to guard children and make sure they aren't lonely so he/she is taking the form of a child to calm them down. Even though the 'girl' pushed Myan, she's just trying to act like a normal kid and do what kids do so she can't frighten these kids as they are young and cheerful. This angel must be a guardian angel since Logan is lonely so, it's very likely she is a guardian angel.

Heather ❤
ozone_baby (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Kim,
I too hope she has moved on.
I also think it may have been a young girl, because the kids played and spoke to her like she was a peer, not someone older. Also maybe just maternal instict here, but I just feel like she was a younger child.
Thanks for reading and commenting
Ozone ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
I wonder, he may have some attachment to your home or a previous home, then became familiar with your 2 children and stayed around to play? I do hope your lack of activity has meant she has crossed over and found peace.

When she pushed Myan, she may also be (have been) very young and got over excited as children do and pushed her. It doesn't sound like other than that incident she was mean or anything.

Thank you for sharing your stories with us!
(eight children God Bless you!)
God Bless!
ozone_baby (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Thanks JPing, and it's not so tough, they are all great kids.
But I still worry, becuse there are so many unanswered questions, that may never be answered. Such as : Who or what is she ?
Why these 2 children and not the others. Is she still around them and they don't know because they are past the age of believeing? I have so many questions, that is why I posted these stories here, I guess I'm just hopeing someone can explain it to me.
Thanks for reading it and for your kind words.
Ozone ❤
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Wow, eight kids, that must be tough. I wouldn't worry too much about this 'girl', it doesn't sound like she means any harm (other than pushing over Myan) and if she hasn't shown up in 12 years, then it's a safe bet she's gone.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: